FlorbFnarb

China - meds or lights?

48 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, lavawing said:

T-44-100: exists./

I've never seen that on NA - did I miss it?  It looks juicy.

2 minutes ago, Tanager said:

I've never seen that on NA - did I miss it?  It looks juicy.

I think it's very similar to the T-44 overall.

1 minute ago, FlorbFnarb said:

I think it's very similar to the T-44 overall.

It is MUCH more mobile.  @FlorbFnarb Type 62 is on sale right now on NA, if you want to dip your toes into Chinese scouts.  It's genuinely a good tank and does not have the gimped VR of the tech tree tanks.

5 minutes ago, Tanager said:

It is MUCH more mobile.  @FlorbFnarb Type 62 is on sale right now on NA, if you want to dip your toes into Chinese scouts.  It's genuinely a good tank and does not have the gimped VR of the tech tree tanks.

I just recovered my Type 62 last night.

How is the T-44-100 much more mobile than the tech tree version?  The engine seems about the same, although it does get several degrees per second better track traverse.  Does it have better terrain resistance?  The Wiki has terrain resistance figures for the T-44 but not the -100.

4 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

I just recovered my Type 62 last night.

How is the T-44-100 much more mobile than the tech tree version?  The engine seems about the same, although it does get several degrees per second better track traverse.  Does it have better terrain resistance?  The Wiki has terrain resistance figures for the T-44 but not the -100.

https://tanks.gg/compare/t-44?t=t-44-ltwt

Much more powerful engine, much higher power/weight, better terrain resistance == much more mobile.

13 minutes ago, Tanager said:

https://tanks.gg/compare/t-44?t=t-44-ltwt

Much more powerful engine, much higher power/weight, better terrain resistance == much more mobile.

According to the Wiki, both tanks have a 760 hp engine, and the one on the regular T-44 is actually 50 kg lighter.

30 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

According to the Wiki, both tanks have a 760 hp engine, and the one on the regular T-44 is actually 50 kg lighter.

It has half the terrain resistances so plays like a soviet ultramed with light tank mobility. Can even sidescrape when you have no other options. The T-44 is good and this is pretty much better. Progetto is better for creds, but it's like saying the Leo PTA loses less money than the T-54.

3 minutes ago, lavawing said:

It has half the terrain resistances so plays like a soviet ultramed with light tank mobility. Can even sidescrape when you have no other options. The T-44 is good and this is pretty much better. Progetto is better for creds, but it's like saying the Leo PTA loses less money than the T-54.

Nice.  I have a Rudy, and I've spent way too many $$$ on premium tanks for this game, so I doubt I'll ever get the thing, but damn, the T-44 is already super-mobile.

Also, after playing the T-44 the Rudy starts to feel downright sluggish.

45 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

I would honestly trust tanks.gg more than the wiki.

46 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

https://tanks.gg/compare/t-44?t=t-44-100-r
This should be the tank, 44 lwt wasn't implemented for some reason

4 hours ago, lavawing said:

Agreed, but you have to take into account that on top of being better as a base tank, the 430U is matched as a medium. IMO the 113 is still a good tank among the better half of tier 10 heavies, but there's little point recommending a tank that is, despite being good, straight up inferior to another.

That is not untrue, but the good thing is that you are grinding the 111111111111-4 anyway for the 5a so it is a no brainer to unlock it and buy it with a discount. Also fuck russian bias

1 hour ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Nice.  I have a Rudy, and I've spent way too many $$$ on premium tanks for this game, so I doubt I'll ever get the thing, but damn, the T-44 is already super-mobile.

Also, after playing the T-44 the Rudy starts to feel downright sluggish.

There's a reason the 44-100 is nicknamed the UFO.

The only CH MT I found worth was the T-34-1, but that was back when I was watching EJ have the time of his life playing it.

LT: 59-16 is fun, but thats it

That moment when you get home and realize everyone else had been discussing a completely different tank than you, and most of your points are worthless/irrelevant.  </facePalm>  I actually have a T44-100, and I've played it - I'd still choose blackdog for counterscouting any day, but apologies for the multipost brainfart.

Seriously, why is this even a discussion - play the heavies.  The chinese heavy line is one of the best if not the best line in the game because you get TWO great tanks at the end instead of just one shitty tank.  The 120 and 121 are consistently talked about in worst-of-tier discussions.  Read Schnitzeltrucks thread about the WZ 132-1, its bad enough that other LTs talk bad about it.

The 113 is pretty damned good and the 5a is on everybody's 5 best tier 10 tanks list, and you get both for just a couple 100k extra XP.  There is not a single keeper non-prem tank in the Chinese MT or LT lines 

24 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Seriously, why is this even a discussion - play the heavies.  The chinese heavy line is one of the best if not the best line in the game because you get TWO great tanks at the end instead of just one shitty tank.  The 120 and 121 are consistently talked about in worst-of-tier discussions.  Read Schnitzeltrucks thread about the WZ 132-1, its bad enough that other LTs talk bad about it.

The 113 is pretty damned good and the 5a is on everybody's 5 best tier 10 tanks list, and you get both for just a couple 100k extra XP.  There is not a single keeper non-prem tank in the Chinese MT or LT lines 

121 line makes the 268 look good

10 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

To be honest, I haven't really had much inclination to pursue Chinese heavy tanks.  I'm already deep into American heavies, with all of them but the T34 and T57 in my garage, fairly deep into Russian HTs and getting deeper, and I have some German HTs as well - and a premium heavy in each of those line.  Also I might one day resume French HTs, and I'm probably gonna move up the Japanese tree, simply because they're all very distinct tank lines.  The Chinese HTs seem very much like copies of the Russian stuff.  I was considering pursuing the meds because they're more alpha-inclined than the Russian meds, but if the Chinese meds and lights suck, I'll just stick to my Type 64, Type 62, and T-34-3.

The Chinese heavies may be good, but I'm not inclined to add yet another line of HTs to my garage that are so similar to another nation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kinda sad that the meds and lights suck to bad though.

The tier 7 and 8 lights are far better than the mediums, but the tier 9 and 10 meds are better than lights.

Sure the WZ-120 and 121 have been very powercreeped, but they still work better than light tanks for dealing damage.

5 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

The Chinese HTs seem very much like copies of the Russian stuff.  I was considering pursuing the meds because they're more alpha-inclined than the Russian meds,

The Chinese heavies may be good, but I'm not inclined to add yet another line of HTs to my garage that are so similar to another nation.

You want a hoverwedge with alpha?  Grind yourself an Object 430.

The CN heavies aren't as much carbon copies of the RU ones as you'd think.  The typical comparison is the T10 vs. the JuanQuattro, but the chinese one is much more of an alpha-driven brawler than the T10, which plays far more as a true heavium.  Which RU heavies do you already have?

It's also worth noting that, if you grind out the JuanQuattro, you will unlock a LOT of the modules for the WZ-120 and do it using a better platform as well.  You'll have the top engine, the third gun (which comes with the 110 at tier 8), and the top radio.  Hell, the second engine for the WZ-120 gets unlocked via the IS-2.  The module sharing across the CN lines is actually pretty nice.

Yeah, the heavy line is pretty good, and different enough from the glorious Rushan heavy lines that it has a different playstyle.

On 9/26/2018 at 3:02 PM, lavawing said:

M41 90. It's a tier 8 prem light that's generally favoured for having high DPM and being a better tier 8 med than most tier 8 meds. That, and 102 pen HE rounds.

T-44-100: exists./

no high pen HE.