Sign in to follow this  
TheTrojanWarrior

The difficulty increase from tier 9 to tier 10. How can I play tier 10 decently

8 posts in this topic

In most of my tier 9 tanks have a 50%+ win rate and I do really well in them, but when I step up to tier 10 I absolutely suck ass at them. I cant win in them, carry in them, or make myself valuable to the team in them. I don't understand why this is and how I can make myself stop sucking at my tier 10's.

The most recent examples would be: 

WZ 111 1-4 step up to WZ 111 5a

Conqueror step up to Super conqueror 

I need help with this and hoped that the players on wotlabs can explain and help me with this issue.

Basically, it boils down to you having a greater responsibility to carry your entire team. You are no longer towards the bottom of the food chain. 

You are top dog, which means your plays dictate the outcome of the game more greatly than they ever have. This is why my misplays in the 113 results in losses if you look at my thread about the 113.

You need to be balance aggressiveness, positioning, saving HP, map awareness, etc etc. Wrong plays will be punished even more greatly which cause you to lose more often.

You need to get really comfortable with your tank's playstyle too. I'm currently on a 71% WR, 3.8k DPG streak on my E100 since I picked it up again because I am more comfortable with it than my 113 which is currently clawing its way back to 50%. 

This is solved by playing games. Put up replays if you are absolutely clueless about what to do, and keep learning from your mistakes. 

Edit: My personal learning curve is in no way the best way to learn, I've more or less been playing 4 fun with lots of breaks in between with RL. I did the old get good at each tier progressively, where my skill level more or less kept up to certain levels through the grinds, so if you look at my tanks, you can sort of figure out when I grinded what or when I bought what. 

Tier 10 on NA right now has nothing to do with skill. Games will literally come down to which flank of pubbies is able to abuse the others' idiocy the best. If you want to win, tanks with a 3 of the 4 combinations of high alpha/survivability/mobility/gun handling are the way to go. Everything else is really difficult to attain 70%+ wr solo barring the top of the server.

The only tank I can reliably pull 70%+ whilst maintaining high dpgs right now is the 7201. Tier 10 is very unforgiving due to the influx of poor players throwing their tanks away like candy on halloween.

4 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Tier 10 on NA right now has nothing to do with skill. Games will literally come down to which flank of pubbies is able to abuse the others' idiocy the best. If you want to win, tanks with a 3 of the 4 combinations of high alpha/survivability/mobility/gun handling are the way to go. Everything else is really difficult to attain 70%+ wr solo barring the top of the server.

The only tank I can reliably pull 70%+ whilst maintaining high dpgs right now is the 7201. Tier 10 is very unforgiving due to the influx of poor players throwing their tanks away like candy on halloween.

At this point I'm looking just to return my tier 10s to +50% instead of the 45%-50% they're at now.

Tier 10 meta is pretty horrible at the moment, lots of over armoured tanks, lots of prem spam, lots of arty, lots of camping TDs all clustered on maps where you can't really utilise much skill. Plus added to that lots of frustrated collapses that lead to quick one sided games.

The hull down/over armoured/HE meta at tier 10 I feel is even more RNG focused than the general game, you can play well and get sh*t on by a 4005 or arty taking huge chunks or your health.

Plus playing anything that isn't basically a 430U, 5A, Super Conq, means you are generally too team/map dependent to be useful and carry. 

The games I feel I make big contributions on are ones on amps with a bit of leg room to re-position on and where you can make angles on the enemy, but on the maps where you forced in close range frontal brawls much of that comes down to luck, as everyone is spamming HE or premium ammo at thick armour, and you just have to hope your pubbies trade better.

Tier 10 is hard as balls when you first start playing because the entire carry potential is on your back now. There's no longer a top tier to bail you out or someone to hide behind, meaning that any mistake on your part is felt by the entire team. It's probably even worse in this regard with the new MM, where there are fewer 10s and way more shitters in 8s.

I mean, my Ehundo was rolling around with a 45% WR or some shit for the first 100 battles and the fact is that after 466 battles, it still hasn't cracked 60% even though it's close. Your first 10s are going to have trash stats and that's fine because you're learning. If you ask around, you'll find that a lot of people here spent quite a bit of time grinding their old pubbie tanks up to par.

I can't say much about the current T10 meta because I'm still re-learning the game and maps at lower tiers but I'm sure it's still a shitfest. The most important lesson is probably going to be positioning and how to approach engagements, now that you can't afford to throw away your HP. Don't be afraid to pull out of a shitty situation before it becomes totally fucked because you are worth more than most of your team is. Also, don't forget to spam the shit out of prem shells. Tier 10 is the land of enforcing your will on others, which is very expensive.

Not to mention that right now tier 9 MM is as good as tier 10 MM is bad.  Jumping from 9-10 is not necessarily a formula for improving your playing experience.  Perhaps just keep feasting on Comets and Leos in your E50 instead of dumping the 6M credits in order to get fucked harder by MM 

2 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Not to mention that right now tier 9 MM is as good as tier 10 MM is bad.  Jumping from 9-10 is not necessarily a formula for improving your playing experience.  Perhaps just keep feasting on Comets and Leos in your E50 instead of dumping the 6M credits in order to get fucked harder by MM 

I was once told that the Type 5 is better than the Type 4 tier for tier. If that has ever been true, I don't think it is now. While tier 10s are mind-numbingly strong, so are the new tier 8s in their own tier. The strength of new tier 8s is basically measured on how well they fight 10s, and many of them while not being a credible threat are still massive nuisances even for semi-armoured 10s.

OTOH tier 7s are more or less in the exact same state as they were 3 years ago, while tier 9 meds/heavies/TDs that can shrug off tier 7 gold are dime a dozen