CelestiaLudenberg

SEA CW is ded

45 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Siggy said:

1AR speak both English and bogan, does that count?

the occasional Kiwi as well and at least one Indonesian, Yank and Englishman.... sounds like the beginning of a really bad "Walked into a Bar" gag.

I miss CW, it was still fun fighting top clans even after 2.0 but I do regret not being good enough at the time to participate in the huge old wars that happened in Europe/early North America. Honestly though, can anyone else name a game that's been run into the ground harder than WoT? And no, WoW and AW do not count.

5 hours ago, Masterpupil2 said:

I miss CW, it was still fun fighting top clans even after 2.0 but I do regret not being good enough at the time to participate in the huge old wars that happened in Europe/early North America. Honestly though, can anyone else name a game that's been run into the ground harder than WoT? And no, WoW and AW do not count.

Almost anything Nexon touches gets turned into a korean grind p2w dumpsterfire, so they've probably got WG beat in terms of annihilating MMOs they acquire. Runescape is a bit notorious too, but Jagex redeemed themselves by going back six years in patches. That would be like WG suddenly deciding to go back to when the Chaffee was end-of-the-line and throwing everything they've done since out the window. Ballsy.

2 hours ago, Rexxie said:

That would be like WG suddenly deciding to go back to when the Chaffee was end-of-the-line and throwing everything they've done since out the window.

That wouldn’t be a bad thing. Consider:

- more open maps

- no OP premiums

- no 3/5/7

- no Japanese superheavies (I think)

- no superaccurate bullshit arty.  Although if you did get hit, it hurt.

Sign me up!

3 hours ago, Hellvn said:

That wouldn’t be a bad thing. Consider:

- more open maps

- no OP premiums

- no 3/5/7

- no Japanese superheavies (I think)

- no superaccurate bullshit arty.  Although if you did get hit, it hurt.

Sign me up!

Don't forget no more BS fantasy tanks from countries that never actually had tanks 

Make weakspots great again!

On 10/9/2018 at 3:01 PM, Hellvn said:

You make it sound like that’s a bad thing?

Hey Mate Yeah nah yeah yeah nah yeah nah nah yeah nah sweet as mate

12 minutes ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

I've long advocated going back to 8.something I usually suggest .6 but am open to suggestions.

around the time of campain 3, which was what? late 2014? 2015 maybe, just before CW 2.0 came out. IMO that was the peak of WoT.

14 minutes ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

I've long advocated going back to 8.something I usually suggest .6 but am open to suggestions.

Pre-alpha is a good spot to go back to, you know, to properly remove all the broken shit the game has.

After you redesign the game you can have your proper testing phases again. :doge:

7 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

around the time of campain 3, which was what? late 2014? 2015 maybe, just before CW 2.0 came out. IMO that was the peak of WoT.

Not for ASIA

#VPAGate
#FakeBattles
#RIGRIGRIG
#BanithaInMyPocket

I take that back. It was the WoT Golden Age. For reasons unrelated to the actual core game. 

15 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Not for ASIA

#VPAGate
#FakeBattles
#RIGRIGRIG
#BanithaInMyPocket

I take that back. It was the WoT Golden Age. For reasons unrelated to the actual core game. 

#NightOfTheLongDongs Never5get

1 hour ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Not for ASIA

#VPAGate
#FakeBattles
#RIGRIGRIG
#BanithaInMyPocket

feelsbad these SEA memes I dont understand

1 hour ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

#NightOfTheLongDongs Never5get

How long ago did that happen....and I just got unbanned for it a month ago :serb:

Sideline to all this but I'd love to see a time-line of who in wg was running the game  / balance  etc.  over the various patches. 

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

feelsbad these SEA memes I dont understand

SEA memes > NA memes.

No other server memed on WG staff this hard :serb:

They had a very very big rug, but it wasn't big enough to contain all of us.

#NightofTheLongDongs
#DeathofCR/D

What's interesting is that WoT is still one of the most played games (although it's obviously on the EU/RU server). Here's an interesting stat that I found the other day: https://www.statista.com/statistics/506923/esports-games-number-players-global/

WoT was actually played more last year than CSGO, which is actually a huge surprise there- I'm not sure where they get their numbers from as it comes off as almost unbelievable, but if it's true it shows that the game after all the years of fuck ups STILL has a chance of coming back if the company pulled a full 180 and started doing things correctly, and that means finding a way to boost the amount of players who play in NA/SEA (in which they tried that at one point by sponsoring bigger streamers for a day or two (like DrDisrespect) but it had 0 effect in reality).

But we all know that's never going to happen, so gg.

EDIT: I cannot read as the website seems to show who's actually signed up/bought the game, which would explain why it's over other games seeing as WoT is free and all, but 12.3 million players is still immense.

Russia has a huge population and WoT is super popular there. If that market is excluded or they did it by regions the numbers would be much different. 

I can't see people joining this game even if they fixed it. Just too many other games which are better and more well established. Might be able to entice the old players back though.

Cw has been dead on asia since the viet cheat clans joined.