FlorbFnarb

I know everybody already agrees about the sky cancer, but tracking?

20 posts in this topic

It shouldn't be this easy to track somebody this many times.  This is just insane.

That shit is just insane.  I literally lost count of how many times I was tracked...and yes, the jackson was shooting HE.

Oh, and the arty collectively had a hit rate of 90% for the match, by the way.

I've always despised the tracking, but this is some next-level shit.

The best part is spamming HE like that is tactically useless because you would have to load up on so much HE you wouldn't have enough ammo to play like a non-mouth breather. Which is WoT design philosophy in a nutshell: break it down to as close to paper, rock, scissors as possible.

3 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

The best part is spamming HE like that is tactically useless because you would have to load up on so much HE you wouldn't have enough ammo to play like a non-mouth breather. Which is WoT design philosophy in a nutshell: even a broken clock can be right twice a day while still minimizing actual strategy.

Yup.  I honestly haven't bothered to go back and count how many times I was tracked and by whom.  I'm not even sure the Jackson tracked me with the HE spam to be honest.  Arty sure did.  90% accuracy from arty.  I guess my gameplay wasn't dynamic enough.

The best is getting tracked by own arty, talk about next level.

TBH my least favorite thing about arty right now is their ability to hit moving targets (light tanks) with a high damage splash that ALWAYS tracks.  Getting tracked in the open for 600 damage by a tier 8 arty should not be something a T100 moving 70 kph should be afraid of - yet here we are.

27 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

TBH my least favorite thing about arty right now is their ability to hit moving targets (light tanks) with a high damage splash that ALWAYS tracks.  Getting tracked in the open for 600 damage by a tier 8 arty should not be something a T100 moving 70 kph should be afraid of - yet here we are.

I agree completely.  I’ve had arty two-shot my LT while turning at 60 mph, but even if they do no damage, the tracking is just too common.

Repairing a track is like seconds and you had 3 fast  firing arty hit you. The lorraines are like low 20 seconds, the m44 is like low teens, and that jackson was plugging in all the gaps the arty might have had. If you had went low road the lorraine at the beach would have had a harder time hitting you and the jackson wouldn't have been able to track you either.

3 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Which is WoT design philosophy in a nutshell: break it down to as close to paper, rock, scissors as possible.

Such an accurate analogy.

Play a superheavy and you have 3 outcomes. Get fucked getting an open map. Others get fucked on in city maps. Or you get a neutral outcome where it depends on your choice of pathing.

Same shit for every tank class.

Tbh these days I only play pref 8s in toons cause being top tier in 3 5 7 is just no fun when half the games are stupid 7 minute yolofests, or when you try to actually play the game get focused down by at least two M44/AMX 13s. I've literally had multiple games in my 111 where I had to take and hold hulldown positions to avoid losing map control (low tier tards were camping as usual) and got full HPed from 3 minutes of arty focus. Same happens when I'm top dog in my IS-3 or Chrysler. The only thing that's worse is multiple M53/55s but those don't leave you permastunned like the M44 does.

PS I used to rage TK arty about once every 50 games, now it's more like once in 15. Rip no battle buddy feels bad

PPS when your tank has a long gun with good gun elevation, and your friendly arty has high (>700) alfa, you can still block their fire with your barrel and it will count as them being 'Lost in Battle'. They will even have to pay you creds for repairs.

4 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Only tracking?

The best bit about arty is getting splashed for 30 and losing 2 crew members. 

Low tier arty to my mind became a huge issue after the arty 're-balance' because they saw substantial buffs to their reloads. It is absolute cancer playing a lightly armoured heavy (e.g. a Tiger) in a match that has two or three of the fast-firing arties. If all three of them decide to focus on you, they can permanently stun/track you and will very quickly whittle your health away. It's also cancer in a lightly armoured medium or TD because these suckers fire so fast and only need 2-3 direct hits to kill you outright they can delete you extremely quickly if you're in a bad spot or if they get lucky.

9 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

The best bit about arty is getting splashed for 30 and losing 2 crew members. 

You're just giving me PTSD falshbacks now

But why are you sitting there? Why did u not go dark?

Why did you push a flank knowing you were walking into a crossfire of tds and arty and knowing that north was getting hammered

Ok arty is trash but the best option was for you to camp, stay alive and go dark.

35 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Why did you push a flank knowing you were walking into a crossfire of tds and arty and knowing that north was getting hammered

Ok arty is trash but the best option was for you to camp, stay alive and go dark.

Given the fact that the other opponents there were all lower tier and thinly armored, my *intent* was to bull through them and mitigate arty's effects by keeping on the move.

Unfortunately, apparently moving is now of zero use in avoiding arty, and the only choices are to either park behind tall cover and stay there permanently, or die.

Both of those options would certainly have cost us the match; trying to bull through some lower-tier opponents and win that flank is the only chance we had to win.

But of course arty now almost never misses entirely, so they get to just automatically pick a flank and make it a loss, and nobody can do anything about it.

36 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

I think his point was more like that artillery shouldn't be able to rain fire to the point that people have no choice but to camp. Otherwise he should defos have played more passively.

21 minutes ago, lavawing said:

I think his point was more like that artillery shouldn't be able to rain fire to the point that people have no choice but to camp. Otherwise he should defos have played more passively.

That's part of it, yes, but as I say I was hoping to just smash through some weaker opponents by not being afraid to tank their shots, and keep moving to avoid the bulk of arty's effects.

But apparently arty can just make an entire area totally and literally impassable, because they'll track you so often it's literally impossible to get past it even if you had infinite hit points.

I knew arty had gotten much worse with 1.0, but I didn't realize it was that much worse.

Also, I felt like I had to push, because my team was full of scrubs with a serious WN8 deficit, and I figured our only chance was to tank some shots and push through some lower tier opponents to win that flank because the tomatoes on the other flank failed.

This is a flaw of game mechanics - HE is super effective against modules. 

You may have 300mm base armor - HE will knock out a crew member just because his hitbox was in splash radius and you got bad rng. 

HE lands 10 meters away - lose tracks 'cuz there is 100% chance to hit them for module dmg calculation. Under heavy fire get ready for perma detrack despite low caliber and pen involved. 

2 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

That's part of it, yes, but as I say I was hoping to just smash through some weaker opponents by not being afraid to tank their shots, and keep moving to avoid the bulk of arty's effects.

But apparently arty can just make an entire area totally and literally impassable, because they'll track you so often it's literally impossible to get past it even if you had infinite hit points.

I knew arty had gotten much worse with 1.0, but I didn't realize it was that much worse.

Also, I felt like I had to push, because my team was full of scrubs with a serious WN8 deficit, and I figured our only chance was to tank some shots and push through some lower tier opponents to win that flank because the tomatoes on the other flank failed.

Pushing that area regardless of arty against camping tds makes no sense. You have zero cover while pushing against a crossfire. Also even if you mange to push and go futher you will still end up in another crossfire.

And yes that means camping because of how the map works. Just like Airfield who pushes first loses. Aggression never pays off in this game as you are always going to walk into camping tds in a safe position. 

Like Kolni said not considering arty is a mistake even though it sucks donkey balls, that's the way it is.

23 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Pushing that area regardless of arty against camping tds makes no sense. You have zero cover while pushing against a crossfire. Also even if you mange to push and go futher you will still end up in another crossfire.

And yes that means camping because of how the map works. Just like Airfield who pushes first loses. Aggression never pays off in this game as you are always going to walk into camping tds in a safe position. 

Like Kolni said not considering arty is a mistake even though it sucks donkey balls, that's the way it is.

Against same tier TDs?  Sure.  Against a pair of TDs two tiers lower, driven by scrubs?  I chose to chance it because if I parked, the match was a loss for sure.

I mean, we weren't predicted to win anyway, but I figured boldness in the face of tanks two tiers lower was the best chance I had.

I would recommend less distracting mods. You could then have the awareness to not push into an open field, while perma lit against 3 arty.