RunTheGears08

Buffed Preferential MM Premium 8s

54 posts in this topic

What WG needs to do is a full rebalancing of every single tank in every single tier. This means instead of powercreeping their way to "balance" they should start nerfing things back in line to preserve a healthy power difference across tiers. As it stands there are less tanks that need buffs than there are that needs to be nerfed back to sane levels.

Obviously nobody likes the idea of nerfs to their favorite time waster, but nerfs are exactly what is needed.

As nice as that sounds, it would never happen. I honestly don't think there's another option; across the board nerfs is exactly what is needed, but the pub outcry would straight up rip the game off its life support. T11 accomplishes much of the same without quite as much outrage.

Yeah, who can forget the first iteration of the T10 sandbox rebalance. So much salt. It needs top be done but I honestly don't trust WG to get anything right.

They can't reverse powercreep since premium tanks buffs and introducing of broken ones like Defender. 

I agree with Rexxie - the only reasonable solution is to create tier XI and send there abominations (which mean like half of top tanks). Maybe stuff like T110E5 should stay where it is. Meanwhile Defender should get up tiered with some other tanks. 

And remove derps fron Jap heavies... 

3 hours ago, Rexxie said:

As nice as that sounds, it would never happen. I honestly don't think there's another option; across the board nerfs is exactly what is needed, but the pub outcry would straight up rip the game off its life support. T11 accomplishes much of the same without quite as much outrage.

Just extending things upwards doesn't adress the ridiculous situation that some a hell of a lot of stock tanks are in, thanks to the tilted balancing. Think about the Caern. It starts with the 17 pounder. A gun you can find on a Tier 6 medium tank. Let that sink in for a moment. And there are more such "gems" in the game that are painful enough to play right now already, unless you already grinded your way up several branches and unlocked some stuff ahead of time, but go fuck yourself if the tree only has one branch... They really REALLY need to get their collective arses into gear. But guessing by how casually they threw out six months to just fix the broken matchmaking that was reported to them months before already, right after release, you can see when their balancing effort reaches anything remotely resembling sanity. Meanwhile player numbers drop and less and less new players have an incentive to stay to get anywhere in the first place. Bonkers.

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

Just extending things upwards doesn't adress the ridiculous situation that some a hell of a lot of stock tanks are in, thanks to the tilted balancing. Think about the Caern. It starts with the 17 pounder. A gun you can find on a Tier 6 medium tank. Let that sink in for a moment. And there are more such "gems" in the game that are painful enough to play right now already, unless you already grinded your way up several branches and unlocked some stuff ahead of time, but go fuck yourself if the tree only has one branch... They really REALLY need to get their collective arses into gear. But guessing by how casually they threw out six months to just fix the broken matchmaking that was reported to them months before already, right after release, you can see when their balancing effort reaches anything remotely resembling sanity. Meanwhile player numbers drop and less and less new players have an incentive to stay to get anywhere in the first place. Bonkers.

Allow me to disagree with this. Nowadays grinding tanks is much easier than 3-4 years earlier - we have personal and clan reserves, relatively frequent x3, x5 and double exp for every win events and top of the tree. Also gold ammo helps a lot (Caern with gold 17-pounder is a freaking machine gun). 

13 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

It doesn't fix it, no, but it does help many of the tanks with the worst stock grinds. Stock grinds would get a little easier when several of the tanks that would crush you have been uptiered either out of your range or become infrequent sightings. Stock grinds have been awful since the game's inception, but at least a tree rebalance would make that hell somewhat more bearable.

Stock tanks are another issue entirely though, and I think there are plenty of ways to make them more playable that don't involve re-balancing the entire game. Introduction of another tier would solve a host of other issues that can't be solved by simply increasing numbers. I think WG has made it clear that they are happy with the status quo when it comes to how unbearable some of these grinds can be, because a couple of interns could have done the work in a few days.

16 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Allow me to disagree with this. Nowadays grinding tanks is much easier than 3-4 years earlier - we have personal and clan reserves, relatively frequent x3, x5 and double exp for every win events and top of the tree.

Yeah but the game needs those nowadays because its proportionally so much shittier to play. Shorter grind but much worse game vs longer grind while having (more) fun.

1 hour ago, Crossfader said:

Yeah but the game needs those nowadays because its proportionally so much shittier to play. Shorter grind but much worse game vs longer grind while having (more) fun.

I'm sorry but it's not that much shittier than it used to be. Sure it's unbalanced as hell right now, but it ALWAYS was. Maybe it was slightly better, but not by much.

Every era of World of Tanks had some stupidly OP thing at every tier and stock grinds when you were a Tier 5 fighting Tier 10's and getting shit on by sky nukes was infinitely worse than anything that can happen today.

1 hour ago, Tman450 said:

Every era of World of Tanks had some stupidly OP thing at every tier and stock grinds when you were a Tier 5 fighting Tier 10's and getting shit on by sky nukes was infinitely worse than anything that can happen today.

I would rather old WTF E100 than bobject.

At least I could HE the WTF and ruin his day. 

I wonder if there is an objective way to assess the number of broken tanks at any point in time. Certainly based on the 'vibe' it's progressively got worse in recent years. 

27 minutes ago, Ezz said:

I wonder if there is an objective way to assess the number of broken tanks at any point in time. Certainly based on the 'vibe' it's progressively got worse in recent years. 

Tank win rate over player win rate aggregated by each patch?

2 minutes ago, Haswell said:

Tank win rate over player win rate aggregated by each patch?

I think unaggregated would serve the purpose better, i.e. tank winrate isolated by patch

Tried to try out the new buffs, WZ-111 can snap now :awyeah:|
Still ragequit after getting 1200HP shaved off from 3 direct hits from arta (and there was only one in the game)

10 hours ago, lavawing said:

Tried to try out the new buffs, WZ-111 can snap now :awyeah:|
Still ragequit after getting 1200HP shaved off from 3 direct hits from arta (and there was only one in the game)

WG has made it clear for years that they are committed to the "arty as sniper" model.

The thing is that WG does this shit on purpose, people are far too kind to them and presume they're just bumbling around incompetently. That was probably true 5-6 years ago but today they're very keen on the business model they use: Give the people with T10 an easy time while making sure that gold spam is at its highest at that point by giving 8s and 9s just about enough prem pen to do something. Mr 45% gets to see big numbers and feel useful while the 9s still have things to do and the 8s are fodder. It's nothing new, they just moved the concept up in tiers, as I'm sure most of us remember grinding several horrible mid-tier tanks way back. WG frankly doesn't care about any playerbase outside RU and potentially China, as I have no idea how popular the game is there.

It never mattered to them that EU and US spent far more dosh per capita, which is a bad move if you care about making more money but not necessarily if you're lazy and just want to make enough money. Business culture is quite different from place to place, the annoying thing is that WoT is a potentially great game which WG keeps ignoring.

The real solution has always been the same, even back in 2010: Give tanks a half decent stock gun in terms of penetration and you solve most of the problems. Unfortunately, WG quickly went from "gold rounds should be used sparingly" to cackling like a maniac once they saw just how much god damn money people used on said shells. There are probably quite a few lazy whales out there who have pumped several hundred thousand dollaridoos into the game because you can bypass 95% of the game's problems with gold shells, equipment and food. Fixing the game's problems is not really a priority for WG, just as they don't care too much about the dwindling playerbase in the West.

Echoing the above, it is very clear that changing gold ammo and consumables to have an optional credit cost wasn't "only" to appease the anti-pay2win crowd, there are financial benefits to it as well.

Before credits for prem stuff:
-in order to get prem ammo and consumables, you have to pay with gold directly
-gold (mainly) costs real world money, hence pay2win
-anti-pay2win crowd (ie. EU and NA) are unwilling to support this practice, so they are less likely to open their wallets

After credits for prem stuff:
-prem ammo and consumables can be bought with credits at a steep price, but this makes it less pay2win
-using gold ammo and consumables will likely put a significant dent in your credit earnings
-you can offset your credit deficit with prem time, playing prem tanks, or just git gud.
-prem time and tanks costs gold (not counting tourneys/CW/whatever), ergo real money
-prem time however gives more benefits than simply pay2win, it is a pay2grindless option
-prem tanks can sometimes be fun
-anti-pay2win crowd are now more likely to spend money, because the game isn't blatantly pay2win now

In short, almost all the problems regarding OP tanks and powercreep are due to (very likely) deliberate financial reasons. Until WG starts losing money I don't see any of the problems getting fixed.

Noting that they also made upper tiers easier on the credits at around the same time so it wasn't all one sided as far as the economy s concerned. 

Played more games in the Jag 8.8. I want to fucking throw up. Every other game is just tracking a Type 9999999 over and over and drowning in a sea of impotence. ALL it needed was APCR pen, they gave it everything BUT APCR pen. I swear to god this is a prank show and WG has a hidden camera in my room.

16 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Played more games in the Jag 8.8. I want to fucking throw up. Every other game is just tracking a Type 9999999 over and over and drowning in a sea of impotence. ALL it needed was APCR pen, they gave it everything BUT APCR pen. I swear to god this is a prank show and WG has a hidden camera in my room.

No worries. It's only five more months until they are going to fix the matchmaking.

Also, dat Signature

jSFtbi0.png

LOL

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

mutant 6 is on sale for NA

once again in an overpriced bundle for a short time (about a week)

not sure how i feel about it since its pretty strong/10 now, especially since its one major weakness is now gone. 

Don't worry, it is still weak to code 22.

I think that's the point, right?

The Super 6 has always been strong even with that weakness... but i don't think its worth that bundle unless you are really considering getting what it comes with anyway. I have basically stopped recommending people spend money on anything T8 as they have made a point of making a new one come out every other week at a 100 or more dollars in this wallet jabbing prices.