RunTheGears08

Buffed Preferential MM Premium 8s

54 posts in this topic

Thoughts?

Here are some of my personal observations:

(1) I noticed (after 4 bounces) that they removed the cykaPershing's hatch on the left-hand side (the "tubes"). Lower-tiers can go shit themselves now?

(2) "Buffed" IS-6 and KV5 gets improved 186 pen to fight E75, VK100P and defenders! Nice memes WG:serb:

(3) JT.88 gets extra 200 HP and even more DPM (I think max 3.6sec reload). New IS6 aka low-tier destroyer?

(4) FCM gets p-to-w ratio of 23 and -1 sec reload. Very much needed change and it's legit fast now, but as a support tank it's not on the level of Progetto/Skorpion/Lorr.

the most noticeable ones are the Type 59, Mutant 6, and the FCM.

though personally im enjoying the mutant buffs the most, now that the one weakness of the tank (the turret) has now been buffed substantially its a monster.

granted the turret ring while better is still an easy target for gold rounds, i find that im at least no longer getting penned in the turret cheeks by sub-200 pen guns. 

2 hours ago, RunTheGears08 said:

Thoughts?

Here are some of my personal observations:

(1) I noticed (after 4 bounces) that they removed the cykaPershing's hatch on the left-hand side (the "tubes"). Lower-tiers can go shit themselves now?

(2) "Buffed" IS-6 and KV5 gets improved 186 pen to fight E75, VK100P and defenders! Nice memes WG:serb:

(3) JT.88 gets extra 200 HP and even more DPM (I think max 3.6sec reload). New IS6 aka low-tier destroyer?

(4) FCM gets p-to-w ratio of 23 and -1 sec reload. Very much needed change and it's legit fast now, but as a support tank it's not on the level of Progetto/Skorpion/Lorr.

They didnt pull the spersh's hatch, only added a big chunk of spaced armour around it + made it stronger.

The SP is really nice now, 202 base pen, better dpm, and it can sort of climb hills a little.  My IS-6 on the other hand still has to retreat against most heavies it faces.  I wish they would have left AP pen at 175 and given all the extra pen to the APCR so I could pen Type 4 and E-75 weak spots . . .

The IS-6 gun handling buff is nice though, at least I bounce closer to where I was aiming

SP made out pretty well.  It handles really well now IMO, and I'm training a new crew in mine at the moment, no skills and primary skill not quite up to 100% yet, and still it handles well.

IS-6 got its armor buffed quite a bit it seems - I couldn't manage to pen one in my IS-2B even with APCR, and even spamming gold from the SP it could be a problem...although I didn't have the chance to bully the IS-6 with a facehug as is standard practice.

FCM moves like a bat out of hell now.

I haven't driven my T-34-3 or JT88 enough to tell for sure, and haven't put equipment back on the KV-5 yet to drive it at all.

13 hours ago, Haswell said:

Something something prems should never be better than their tech tree contemporaries...

:serb:

I'm having the sneaking suspicion, that the outrage about the de-preferalization only had one impact on WarGaming: The marketing departement discovered their sales potential.

6 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

I'm having the sneaking suspicion, that the outrage about the de-preferalization only had one impact on WarGaming: The marketing departement discovered their sales potential.

Yep, I can only imagine how many super pershings they are selling right now

T 2 6 E 4    S P E E D    D E M O N

36 minutes ago, Ham_ said:

T 2 6 E 4    S P E E D    D E M O N

Ok to justify my shit poast:

T26E4 can do 40km/h on flat ground now + armor buffs, the play style is about as retarded as a 268v4

Whats the one thing a 268v4 wishes it had? Black hole arty proof armor that can somehow absorb a Soviet 183mm shell from a SU-14-2

BID88ox.jpg

After my shit poast I played a game to prove my point: presenting you with the most 268v4 stat line possible

kfPxvmN.jpg

3.7k damage with 6 spots and 3.4k blocked in a tier 9 game because fucking speed demon

wCmJOyN.jpg

2 hours ago, lavawing said:

Move away T26E5 you're not super anymore

There would be something glorious about the power creep cycle making a pref mm prem better than a very analogous normal mm prem. Shit like the cdc is at least 'different' but the super being better would be superb. 

The SP has always been the god-king of premium tanks IMO.  I stuck with it when after they nerfed the armor in the before times, and it still never let me down.

Worth it to trade my only t8 prem, the IS-5 with special camo, for a SP for 1200 gold?

The SP seems to have absolutely everything going for it. It even has slightly better camo than all the other American tier 8 mediums except for the Pilot.

3 minutes ago, Mureke said:

Worth it to trade my only t8 prem, the IS-5 with special camo, for a SP for 1200 gold?

The SP seems to have absolutely everything going for it. It even has slightly better camo than all the other American tier 8 mediums except for the Pilot.

I wouldn't trade in any premium that you can never buy back.  The SP is great though.

Did my SP not get upgraded like everyone else's?

It might be because I haven't played it in ages, but it still feels like the same old turd It always was. Mind-numbingly easy to play is the best thing I can say about it.

I'd much rather play the Caer AX in spite of it's significantly worse MM. Not to mention stuff like Lorraine/Progetto.

T-34-3 feels comfy as hell now, the major weaknesses supposed to balance the tank are marginal now, now you have a mobile, seriously armored medium with a punchy gun that isn't cancerous to play with. Borderline too good for a pmm tank.

On 10/13/2018 at 10:54 PM, Archaic_One said:

Yep, I can only imagine how many super pershings they are selling right now

All of them

4 hours ago, Medjed said:

All of them

and its slowly making the game worst in the process... WG is so lucky AW and My.com shit the bed, having a monopoly lets you get away with so much shit.

I think the strategy of simply buffing these premiums rather than taking away limited MM was probably the correct move on WG's part. At least as a stopgap solution until they figure out what the hell they're supposed to do with MM (6 month ETA remains as topkek as ever). And that explains why many of the buffs were so subtle. If the presumed outcome was that the current MM is going to stay the same forever, then that's a very different story. If so, then the simplest and most elegant solution is to buff the hell out of the pen values. That would make many of the clunkier prems comfortable without being game-breaking.

Every year the idea of a Tier 11 becomes more and more reasonable to me. The fantasy tanks, ridiculous armor designs, and powercreep posterboy balancing nightmare could be at least postponed by pushing problem tanks up a tier and restructuring the trees. Many of these pref MM tanks wouldn't have so many problems if this ended up happening. Back half a decade or so ago this would of sounded ridiculous to me ("what, you want to add an abrams?"), but powercreep has gone so far that I'm pretty sure we could make it to 11 tiers without actually introducing anything more powerful than what we have already.

There are absolutely problems with the idea, but I think it's the healthiest solution to the game's problem that wouldn't cause an absolute uproar (i.e nerfing everything). Even beyond powercreep, it would solve a lot of problems. Economic inflation, grind incentive, pref MM, too many top tier tanks, etc.

Plus the ridiculous xp/credit requirements could fund like, six more yahts for WG.