Vindi

First campaign tank buffs (T-55A, 260)

49 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, lavawing said:

to me the changes are pretty huge: better bloom than an IS-7 + better hard stats than a 277 = best in class gun handling (other than Sconq and 215B). It's a pretty good gun for a platform whose only real weaknesses are size and clunkiness.

What you said are not changes but final results. Change means difference. The difference between old stats and new stats is not big even if final stats are impressive. 

Also clunkiness is a big problem for tanks. Remember 215b?

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

What you said are not changes but final results. Change means difference. The difference between old stats and new stats is not big even if final stats are impressive. 

Also clunkiness is a big problem for tanks. Remember 215b?

Well I'd say thats largely splitting hairs. besides, 0.2/0.2/0.2 better bloom on all terrain, DPM, accuracy + meaty aimtime buff is hardly insignificant to me.

Also incremental changes to gun stats can make big ripples in game play, e.g. STB-1/50T with food makes a world of difference

53 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Well I'd say thats largely splitting hairs. besides, 0.2/0.2/0.2 better bloom on all terrain, DPM, accuracy + meaty aimtime buff is hardly insignificant to me.

Also incremental changes to gun stats can make big ripples in game play, e.g. STB-1/50T with food makes a world of difference

I have not said it's insignificant. I've said it's simply not huge. You do realize the world is not binary? Also how is 0.3s a meaty aimtime buff? The tank will be much better because everything was improved a little. I just dont agree with the hype claiming it's the biggest buff since t95 started going 18 instead of 9

20 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I have not said it's insignificant. I've said it's simply not huge. You do realize the world is not binary? Also how is 0.3s a meaty aimtime buff? The tank will be much better because everything was improved a little. I just dont agree with the hype claiming it's the biggest buff since t95 started going 18 instead of 9

0.3 seems big enough by recent WG standards. And no, I have never once heard of the world not being binary. Gasai's black fonts always are ever so irritating. I wish I could get camo in grey.

59 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

STB-1 with food is still shit.

Source: STB-1 owner.

avatar makes it look like you're going #feelsbadman 

It's also not clear whether the overmatch spot on the turret actually has gone IMO from those pictures as they seem to have highlighted a weird area but hopefully it has.

The IS7 still has the better turret,  the extra degree of depression and of course the alpha. 

I have also always thought the 260 felt much taller with a much more easily hit lower plate compared to the IS7.  It also has 300 more HP as well so clearly the IS7 survivability is a lot higher than the 260 even with these changes.

Those turret armour changes are more quality of life than anything, they just remove the annoying 'wtf!' moments after some bob auto-aims you and then pens your gun mantlet because reasons. I seriously doubt aside the lower plate the vast majority of players know the weakspots on the 260 but most owners do because they suffer those annoying pens.

It'll still retain the cupola and the shot trap will still be there as well for those who know how to fight one. 

Even if it is slightly better than an IS7 or 277 (which is doubtful IMO) is it really an issue? It's a reward tank, that you barely see, you get for free, accessible to anyone and you have to slug a through a load of painful missions to get. It being slightly better (and I put emphasis on slightly Mr T22) seems fair enough for a reward tank IMO.

Can't see it being OP in the current meta, it's still just another flavour of an IS7, 277, 113, and 5A, and I also doubt it'll challenge the all round good at everything, is it a heavy, is it a medium, no it's f8cking soviet power creep that is the 430U. 

As for the T-55A it was always worse than the T-54, as when it first came out it had minor gun advantages but a much worse hull and worse mobility, then they buffed the T-54's turret and it became even worse.

Currently the T-55A has a worse armour than the Type 59, the T-55A has 200mm frontal turret compared to the Type's 230, has a worse cupola (though only one) and doesn't have the turret ring weakspot. 

This change brings it up pretty much to the same point it was to the T-54 before, similar turret, worse hull, similar mobility, slightly better gun.

Just wish they had given it better pen, would have taken a 230-240 AP round over the mobility buff.  At least it should be playable though. 

18 hours ago, lavawing said:

0.3 seems big enough by recent WG standards. And no, I have never once heard of the world not being binary. Gasai's black fonts always are ever so irritating. I wish I could get camo in grey.

avatar makes it look like you're going #feelsbadman 

Seriously? So things are either Huge or very small? Are you working in quantitative fields where more than 2 answers are possible? 

Also there were tanks that were cut by 0.5 in aimtime. 0.3 is a normal aimtime buff. To me the buffs are big but don't make the tank broken because previously the obj also looked decent on paper but was annoying in practice. I expect it to be not as annoying now but wonky platform is a wonky platform. Relatively tall tank with low gun dep is hard to work with. 

On 10/27/2018 at 2:34 AM, Ezz said:

They also fiddled with the guns and gave the more accurate one better pen (and handling maybe? Not sure on handling tho). 

The high pen gun is garbage tho

5 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Seriously? So things are either Huge or very small? Are you working in quantitative fields where more than 2 answers are possible? 

Also there were tanks that were cut by 0.5 in aimtime. 0.3 is a normal aimtime buff. To me the buffs are big but don't make the tank broken because previously the obj also looked decent on paper but was annoying in practice. I expect it to be not as annoying now but wonky platform is a wonky platform. Relatively tall tank with low gun dep is hard to work with. 

I work in a field where sarcasm does not exist.

2 hours ago, Lethul said:

The high pen gun is garbage tho

If you don't run food, there might be an argument for it, but if you try hard 201 pen gun is strictly superior yes

22 minutes ago, lavawing said:

So the internet?

6 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Those turret armour changes are more quality of life than anything, they just remove the annoying 'wtf!' moments after some bob auto-aims you and then pens your gun mantlet because reasons

The story of my life... in WG.... :nofun:

15 hours ago, lavawing said:

If you don't run food, there might be an argument for it, but if you try hard 201 pen gun is strictly superior yes

Exactly, so I think a majority of the t55a owners would be quite pissed if they gave it the t54 high pen gun.

Further changes in the patch notes compared to what was first seen.

260 is getting a gun depression buff to -6 and it's ammo capacity buffed to 40 shells.

As far as I can see on tanks.gg the roof overmatch spot is still there though, the armour buffs don't look as good as first seen.

T-55A is a getting an AP pen buff to 221 and 1070 m/s shell velocity. 

39 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Further changes in the patch notes compared to what was first seen.

260 is getting a gun depression buff to -6 and it's ammo capacity buffed to 40 shells.

As far as I can see on tanks.gg the roof overmatch spot is still there though, the armour buffs don't look as good as first seen.

T-55A is a getting an AP pen buff to 221 and 1070 m/s shell velocity. 

Still good. It's just a more powercreep buff than "Op" buff. 

They have also effed up the 260 armour model, the turret cheeks now have 130mm and 150mm on them whereas previously they had 185mm and 240mm. 

So the whole model might be incorrect as it doesnt seem to match the buffs they claimed they were doing.

Looking forward to the T-55A, tier 9 is a sweetspot at the moment (no terrible bottom tier and far less cancerous balancing than tier 10) and I was tempted to buy back the 430, but I think this faster, better armoured T-55A with top level gun handling and less need to spam premium is going to be very fun. It's probably going to go from one of the worst tier 9 meds to one of the best. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

Looking forward to the T-55A, tier 9 is a sweetspot at the moment (no terrible bottom tier and far less cancerous balancing than tier 10) and I was tempted to buy back the 430, but I think this faster, better armoured T-55A with top level gun handling and less need to spam premium is going to be very fun. It's probably going to go from one of the worst tier 9 meds to one of the best. 

Saw reference to improved hull armor, but have you seen details (or a model if they are reliable which by the sounds of the 260 may not be)?

And yeah, it's getting an engine as well. Suspect 220 pen is still going to need a little heat, but it's certainly an improvement. Very fun!

I still miss the times when I was in HDU and me and another dude were the only ones with a t55a and we played them on strongholds haha. It was actually pretty competitive. The power creep hit it hard. 

2 hours ago, kariverson said:

I still miss the times when I was in HDU and me and another dude were the only ones with a t55a and we played them on strongholds haha. It was actually pretty competitive. The power creep hit it hard. 

Had a similar moment with the wz 120. Used to love it and play it to bits. Pulled it out for nostalgic reasons and genuinely had to check whether the gun was broken or my gunner was dead.

8 hours ago, Ezz said:

Saw reference to improved hull armor

Had a look at the next patch stats on tanks.gg last night and the ufp is still listed as 100mm.

1 hour ago, sohojacques said:

Had a look at the next patch stats on tanks.gg last night and the ufp is still listed as 100mm.

Saw that as well but not sure if there have been other iterations or what.

They have f*cked up the armour models of both tanks so I wouldn't take either as finalised right now as they clearly need fixing.

They have added random 130mm strips on the side of the 260 turret that were not there before for no apparent reason and the overmatch roof is still there even though WG's super test graphics suggested it was gone.

And on the T-55A, the little turret ring bulges on the side of the tank have gone from 60mm -> 20mm, and it looks like they are supposed to be 120mm but have accidentally swapped a strip of armour from the rear of the tank that was 20mm with this 120mm strip, so the tank now has a random 120mm strip of armour on the rear of the hull.

I think they let an intern do the models or something. 

23 hours ago, Ezz said:

Saw that as well but not sure if there have been other iterations or what.

Patch notes for 1.3 do say they’re improving the hull armour as well. But not by how much.