Sign in to follow this  
sohojacques

HWK 12

6 posts in this topic

This tank is a significant upgrade from the SPIC but comes with significantly worse MM...

Not a dog when stock. In fact already much better than the SPIC in that configuration. Fully upgraded it’s probably as good as it gets for tier 8 tech tree tanks atm LT or MT wise. Crazy fast with 410m base view range. Basically tier 8 90mm MT dpm, alpha, and pen. 10 degrees gun depression as well. Terrible shell velocity of 600-odd m/s is a thing though.

A definite keeper for me. Very different style to the Even 90 so between the two of them my LT itch can be scratched in all kinds of masochistic ways.

1 hour ago, sohojacques said:

This tank is a significant upgrade from the SPIC but comes with significantly worse MM...

Not a dog when stock. In fact already much better than the SPIC in that configuration. Fully upgraded it’s probably as good as it gets for tier 8 tech tree tanks atm LT or MT wise. Crazy fast with 410m base view range. Basically tier 8 90mm MT dpm, alpha, and pen. 10 degrees gun depression as well. Terrible shell velocity of 600-odd m/s is a thing though.

A definite keeper for me. Very different style to the Even 90 so between the two of them my LT itch can be scratched in all kinds of masochistic ways.

Does it flip easy?

Grind note: I took the top turret before the top engine. The stock engine struggled with the extra weight. Still gets around okay but something to consider if you prefer good mobility over 10m view range, extra 100hp, and a gun buff. 

Took this for a drive last night on a whim.  Top Tier on Campinovka and it performed well.  (Spotted 14 for a scout medal and got a Pascucci's.)  The shell speed took getting used to again... and the pen drop off (AP/Heat) seemed to be more severe than I recalled.  The extra 10m base view range lets you exploit vision easily.