igorCRO

SU-130PM - Ruski Scorpion G

33 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, lavawing said:

250,000 EXP in ten days wtf WG

I guess I have no choice but to grind out two arta lines simultaneously

Now you know why people yolorush and die. It's more time efficient to simply drive forward, shoot a few times, die, switch to another tank and repeat.

6 minutes ago, Haswell said:

Now you know why people yolorush and die. It's more time efficient to simply drive forward, shoot a few times, die, switch to another tank and repeat.

Retarded exp distribution. Afk bot player get minimum 1/5 of what get a player carrying the entire team. 

Is the whole marathon just 10 days? Are they special or something? I thought the old marathons were much longer.

Sometimes it is an advantage to read the news :doge:

Unlike the British Challenge, you will instead have 10 days to take it on instead of 14. With that taken into account, all missions will be available from the start with conditions adjusted to the shorter timeframe.

Get ready to take on Random Battles from 30 November at 09:00 CET (UTC+1) to earn everything the Winter Challenge has to offer. In addition to the SU-130PM with a unique style, you can earn Credits, Personal Reserves, and Directives!

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/the-winter-challenge/

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

Sometimes it is an advantage to read the news :doge:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/the-winter-challenge/

The problem is that further down it says:

The Winter Challenge involves completing 10 consecutive stages with two ways to earn rewards.

The word consecutive makes me think it will be like the Progetto/Caern AX marathons.

Plus, if you can complete all 10 stages at the same time, how would that work. Say you decide to grind out the base xp. Does that mean that each base xp point you earn is applied to all 10 stages? I would think it doesn't, since that would mean that you would only need to grind out 50,000 base xp total to get the tank, which seems absurdly low.

1 hour ago, churchill50 said:

The problem is that further down it says:

The word consecutive makes me think it will be like the Progetto/Caern AX marathons. 

Plus, if you can complete all 10 stages at the same time, how would that work. Say you decide to grind out the base xp. Does that mean that each base xp point you earn is applied to all 10 stages? I would think it doesn't, since that would mean that you would only need to grind out 50,000 base xp total to get the tank, which seems absurdly low.

It doesn't seem that hard to understand guys. The last couple of grinds had 'time-locks' on the stage, so even if you zipped through stage 1 in a single battle you had to wait for the next day to progress to stage 2. This simply means that if you're good/lucky and get through a stage super-quick you can immediately move onto the next one, so it might be possible to complete it in say 8 days instead of actually needing to play every day of the 10 days to unlock.

Still, that XP requirement (base XP as well, so no boosters etc.) in that amount of time is absolutely stupid.

Also lol, a 520 alpha super-mobile TD with what looks like half-decent gun handling.

Also, not too much yolo-rushing either, given the conditions say you only get your base XP counted towards the mission if you are in the top-10, so you at least need to do some damage before you die.

29 minutes ago, Balthazars said:

It doesn't seem that hard to understand guys. The last couple of grinds had 'time-locks' on the stage, so even if you zipped through stage 1 in a single battle you had to wait for the next day to progress to stage 2. This simply means that if you're good/lucky and get through a stage super-quick you can immediately move onto the next one, so it might be possible to complete it in say 8 days instead of actually needing to play every day of the 10 days to unlock.

Except that, as it says in the article, it's juxtaposing this marathon (where "all missions are available from the start") with the British Challenge, which had no time locks at all. As soon as you completed one stage of the British Challenge, you could move on to the next.

So, the contrast they're drawing here is interesting.

"Hint: You don’t need to select the type of task manually, so you can get straight into the heat of battle."

Task isn't used anywhere else in the announcement. I'm guessing you can only do the commitment or mastery mission for each stage.

Got through stage I and II tonight. Once one is complete, next one automatically unlocks. Unsure if overflow from previous on base exp goes into the next, though. Did base exp for I, and then Tier X reqs for II.

11 hours ago, Errants said:

Got through stage I and II tonight. Once one is complete, next one automatically unlocks. Unsure if overflow from previous on base exp goes into the next, though. Did base exp for I, and then Tier X reqs for II.

Pretty sure overflow does not apply, unless I got exactly the amount to complete 1 and 2.

Nope it doesn't  overflow into the next stage. But that is nothing new. In the old marathons overflow to the next stage wasn't a thing either. I can still remember the time I missed the next stage by less than 10 during AX marathon. Had to play another round and I had one awesome game with a shit load XP. But most of it just went into nowhere. Next stage startet completely fresh with 0.

Anyhow. Haye one of you wallet warriors already bought it? 

17 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Anyhow. Haye one of you wallet warriors already bought it? 

Bought it like 2 hours ago with 40% discount after having absolutely no fun grinding XP and playing shit at the same time because only God knows why I played so bad the last week.

I like this tank so far - feels a bit sluggish and sometimes the accuracy is trolling hard but we all know the satisfaction of hitting someone with that 130 mm assslapper.

Aced it with 2.9k DMG, no spotting at all and ~1.050 base XP...

6 hours ago, Wurstsoljanka said:

Bought it like 2 hours ago with 40% discount after having absolutely no fun grinding XP and playing shit at the same time because only God knows why I played so bad the last week.

I like this tank so far - feels a bit sluggish and sometimes the accuracy is trolling hard but we all know the satisfaction of hitting someone with that 130 mm assslapper.

Aced it with 2.9k DMG, no spotting at all and ~1.050 base XP...

can you look up how much pen the ap round has at 500m? cuz the Chinese 130 gets like 220 pen at long distance, the Polish 230ish while the German and Soviets get 240 ish usually. 

2 hours ago, lavawing said:

can you look up how much pen the ap round has at 500m? cuz the Chinese 130 gets like 220 pen at long distance, the Polish 230ish while the German and Soviets get 240 ish usually. 

It's

243 @ 100 m

240 @ 200 m

230 @ 500 m

:)

37 minutes ago, Wurstsoljanka said:

Alpha and camo-wise yes... Everything else nope I would say :D

It's Russian, so you can be sure it will get buffed later. :serb:

The gameplay at tier 10 has dropped to new levels of horrible because of this marathon.

I have no idea why these players think it's a good idea for them to play tier 10, they will never get anywhere near the requirements and they are just making it awful for everyone else.

Game after game is just all tier 10 games, with 10-12 heavies per side, where one team loses 5-6 tanks within the first 2-3 minutes and usually the game is 15-1, 15-2 etc. because there are just so many awful players about that can't play tier 10.

I don't use XVM, but checking after my horrible run of 2 wins from 16 games last night I was looking at my team mates, most of them are 45-47%ers and that is their overall, they rock more like 40-44% win rates in their tier 10s. 

It literally broke me, getting 850 base xp when you have barely had time to fire your gun 3-4 times before you are surrounded by yoloing enemies, is quite hard.