Worstpoaster_na

Hearthstone

420 posts in this topic

Even though I'm still bad at it, Patron is probably the most fun I've had playing a deck in this game period.

Tried out Inner Rage, and I really like it.  It's much, much easier to get Patrons to spiral out of control when you can reliably make 4 of them on turn 5 instead of just 2.  It also makes Battle Rage heaps better.

Also added in Grom since Inner Rage is a really sweet activator for him.  It makes the deck more combo, which greatly helps with the bad matchups of Handlock and Control Warrior.  I know I said to improve the good matchups rather than the bad (for the most part), but the good matchups are so good that I don't mind weakening them a bit.  Paladin/Druid/Priest/Mage anything is so unfair it hurts.

-2 Sludge Belcher, -1 Slam/Corsair, +2 Inner Rage, +1 Grom

Sludge Belchers are never coming out. 

-2 Sludge Belcher

:serb:

Ok for srs business though: I'm getting close to enough dust to craft a legendary. I will say that I only play Warrior, now and future so that isn't a concern. So.....Grom or Dr. Balanced? Dr. Balanced because I don't need to use a potential patron/frothing trigger to make him useful?

I love patron. This is my pleb deck. Between this and the hunter deck(both very cheap) I actually have two decks that are mostly filled out for a top tier deck. 

I have the healbot and the shield because I kept running to face hunters and needed something to keep me alive until I could get the grim/warsong combo off. 

i7rW6u0.png

:serb:

Ok for srs business though: I'm getting close to enough dust to craft a legendary. I will say that I only play Warrior, now and future so that isn't a concern. So.....Grom or Dr. Balanced? Dr. Balanced because I don't need to use a potential patron/frothing trigger to make him useful?

Are you dusting everything not in the decks or have you spent some money in the game? I am so far from having that much dust. 

I know, I know, I'm super consistent in my thought process.  =P

Craft Dr Balanced for sure, and it's not close.  You can put him in literally every deck and no one would seriously question it.

I love patron. This is my pleb deck. Between this and the hunter deck(both very cheap) I actually have two decks that are mostly filled out for a top tier deck. 

I have the healbot and the shield because I kept running to face hunters and needed something to keep me alive until I could get the grim/warsong combo off. 

Tomego, you really want a 2nd Beserker in your deck; it is a win condition just like the Patron. Warsong Commander + Berseker is just 6 mana, leaving you plenty to get off a couple whirlwind effects and send in a 15+ damage Beserker.

Tried out Inner Rage, and I really like it.  It's much, much easier to get Patrons to spiral out of control when you can reliably make 4 of them on turn 5 instead of just 2.  It also makes Battle Rage heaps better.

I tried Inner Rage when I first made the deck and found it made my hands too clunky too often for my liking. Then again, I was new to the deck and maybe subbed them out too quickly. I'll try them again.

I tried Inner Rage when I first made the deck and found it made my hands too clunky too often for my liking. Then again, I was new to the deck and maybe subbed them out too quickly. I'll try them again.

I run it in my Patron deck and I find it quite useful. Patron + Inner Rage is 5 mana for a 5/2 and 3/3.

Are people really dropping Patrons on Turn 5 that often? I rarely do that unless I can reasonably guarantee they get good value; it is not hard at all to deal with a 5/2 and a 3/3 without spawning more Patrons and you lose one of your win conditions in the process.

Tomego, you really want a 2nd Beserker in your deck; it is a win condition just like the Patron. Warsong Commander + Berseker is just 6 mana, leaving you plenty to get off a couple whirlwind effects and send in a 15+ damage Beserker.

Maybe I'll craft one when I have the dust. I only have one frothing and one worgen so yeah. 

As for turn 5 patron, I used to do that but found out that holding out a little longer, if possible, generally has better results. 

Are you dusting everything not in the decks or have you spent some money in the game? I am so far from having that much dust. 

No money spent, aside from unlocking Naxx. I dusted literally every class card that wasn't for Warrior, and any crap neutral cards as well. I've been playing since like September and I'm just now getting enough to dust to craft one legendary. Such grind. Much wow. 

Playing a bunch of arena is a great way to get dust since the GvG packs start repeating themselves pretty fast. I just crafted Antonidas and Boom after less than 2 months of spending all my gold on arena runs. Now if only I could be bothered to actually play constructed again.

No money spent, aside from unlocking Naxx. I dusted literally every class card that wasn't for Warrior, and any crap neutral cards as well. I've been playing since like September and I'm just now getting enough to dust to craft one legendary. Such grind. Much wow. 

I've been playing for about the same time. I unlocked Naxx and BRM with gold and am keeping all the cards until I get more than 2. O one frustrating thing for me, I've only opened a single legendary in almost 60 packs now. FML 

I've been playing for about the same time. I unlocked Naxx and BRM with gold and am keeping all the cards until I get more than 2. O one frustrating thing for me, I've only opened a single legendary in almost 60 packs now. FML 

I'm probably at 50 packs, and I only have 1 as well, luckily it was Rag so it was actually useful. 

Rank 3 at the moment.  I'll hit legend later this week, but first I need to let some fodder through.  I played ~5 streamers yesterday which is usually a sign that I'm climbing too high.  Even though I did well against them (4-1 I think), it was because they were screwing around.  Kibler was playing some god-awful Paladin aggro, Dog was playing murlocks, and hyped was playing Freeze mage.  I can't hang with the top 500 on the server when they actually care about winning, so I need to let a few people through.

MidRange hunter is the best deck right now, but I do better with Patron.  I think I'm overvaluing Steady Shot when I should be throwing my hand on the table a bit harder.  Patron has chased away all of the Face Hunter since it's a 90% matchup for Patron, and almost no one is playing Control Warrior anymore.  The only annoyance is that with the meta being Mage/Hunter/Warrior, people are stuffing their decks with Kezan Mystics.

My Patron list is something along these lines.  Normally I don't like a pile of 1-off cards, especially BLAH ones like Unstable Ghoul/Slam/Dread Corsair/Gnomish Inventor.  But I find that when I double up on any of those, my hand gets clogged.  Since the deck draws so many cards over the course of the game, these singletons give more options.  Looking at a hand that has Unstable Ghoul and Dread Corsair opens up a lot more options than does 2x of either.

Playing around with Bloodmage Thanos a little, and I can't decide if I like him.  He has been funny in the mirror: weapon and attack off the 3 HP Patrons and WW for 2 the rest.  But everywhere else he's a 2 mana 1/1.

I'm going to try out Harrison and Kezan Mystic in the flex slots and see if they work.  Kezan isn't that much worse than a Piloted Shredder and has enormous upside vs Mages/Hunters.  Harrison taking away a WW effect from the opponent is huge and it also might improve the CW matchup a bit.  Loatheb also suggests himself.  Bloodmage/Loatheb/Harrison/Emperor/DrBalanced/Grom makes for a funny legend Patron list that actually makes a bit of sense.

Oh, and Commanding Shout is the bees knees in Patron.  It vastly improves both the Handlock and CW matchups.  Or any matchup where they have a bunch of 4+ toughness dudes on board.

Normally I don't like a pile of 1-off cards, especially BLAH ones like Unstable Ghoul/Slam/Dread Corsair/Gnomish Inventor.  But I find that when I double up on any of those, my hand gets clogged.  Since the deck draws so many cards over the course of the game, these singletons give more options.  Looking at a hand that has Unstable Ghoul and Dread Corsair opens up a lot more options than does 2x of either.

Hmm, seems like a good answer to the problem of the mediocre cards. Nice find.

I'm currently 6-0 with a silly aggro warlock deck(four 6+ cards, no 5s, everything else 4 or less). It has Chromaggus, two pitlords, two hellfires and a flame imp, so before starting the run I thought it'd be a dumb 3-3 suicide deck. Turns out that doing a million damage to your own face doesn't matter when everything gets run over by turn 8. I've never enjoyed turn 4 against paladins this much. You can see them hovering over the Truesilver and going "but... but... 6 health?" before playing some shit two drop and hero powering.

A good and balanced curve:
zlu8b7.jpg

I just started this game a couple weeks ago and had a couple questions,

If you have a 1mana card in your hand on turn one with a battle cry you cant make use of, assuming your opponent doesn't play anything do you still play if and forgo the battle cry and play so you have a body on the board or do you hold onto it till the later where the body might not be as useful but the battle cry can take effect?

Second, I have built a ok mage deck (for rank 17) and have mostly just been focusing on playing that class rather than spreading out between all the classes, is this the way to go about it or should I be branching out more?

Lastly, I have been reading the newcomers guides on the official forums, are these trustworthy?

I just started this game a couple weeks ago and had a couple questions,

If you have a 1mana card in your hand on turn one with a battle cry you cant make use of, assuming your opponent doesn't play anything do you still play if and forgo the battle cry and play so you have a body on the board or do you hold onto it till the later where the body might not be as useful but the battle cry can take effect?

Second, I have built a ok mage deck (for rank 17) and have mostly just been focusing on playing that class rather than spreading out between all the classes, is this the way to go about it or should I be branching out more?

Lastly, I have been reading the newcomers guides on the official forums, are these trustworthy?

Whether you drop the 1 mana card or not depends more on what kind of opponent you have and how you expect the game to develop. If you expect that you will need board control fast, then make the drop. If you aren't concerned about board control for a few turns, then save it.

Depends on what you like. I personally only play Warrior and dust all the other class cards but that is just me. I know most people hop around between the few classes they like. 

I haven't read the newcomers guides so I have no idea as to their quality. What you can do is look up Trump's youtube channel, he has some videos that will show you some of the good basic stuff to know that are done pretty well imo. I think it's called Trump Teachings or something like that.

Hit 12 wins in arena for the first time. Been trying out priest decks lately and they work really nice against the b2b turn 7-10 flamestrikes-meta that you run into at 6+ wins.

Opened my third legendary last week. Gruul!