Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fire_Hive

AMX M4 mle. 45

113 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Rebought it for upcoming 2nd HT line

lol its trash

Played 5 battles with 90mm until i switched for 105mm and almost full APCR spam. I rather have expensive but enjoyable grind than cheaper but utterly self-torturing and suicidal grind.

Even with the 105mm and full APCR, I still would stop far short of calling the grind enjoyable...

I'm playing this again because I kinda wanted something to grind and maybe the new French heavy line will actually get released. In some regards it is what I remember - a mediocre tank that isn't terrible but is entirely forgettable. I'm running with the 105mm and plenty of APCR this time around. The gun handling is pretty trash with a slow aim time. Dealing with IS-3/6s is a huge pain because 223 pen is not reliable against them so you're forced to sit there and aim your shots a little better.

It does seem to take a lot of module damage. In just a handful of games I've been double ammo racked in two games and had my gunner killed twice in a row another game.

I've also started grinding it in anticipation of the 2nd French HT line, and it's been a mixed bag. It prints WN8 (as far as I can tell) and if left alone you can really rack up the damage with some liberal APCR spam, but it's not a carry tank at all. Perhaps the most challenging thing about it is making sure you are shooting distracted/weaker enemies.

I'd agree that it suffers from a lot of module damage, the ammorack seems to be everywhere on this tank. On the other hand, I've gotten into a lot of tier 7 matches in this thing where its weaknesses aren't quite as magnified and 165 pen can suffice for a lot of targets.

The most aggravating aspect of the tank is the top speed. It wouldn't go faster than 42kph going down the hill on Himmelsdorf. I'm pretty sure the Maus can do better than that....

My initial impressions of this tank were that it was terrible. After around 50 games, I don't think it's *that* great but it's certainly exceeding my expectations. With apcr the 105 is a very good damage dealer - 330 alpha with a reload under 8 seconds and over 220 pen is quite fearsome at tier 7. People don't take it seriously because public opinion of it is so awful (which is kinda justified - aside from the decent gun, it's slow and isn't well-armored). 

Also it prints Radley-Walters, 50 games in I already have two of them. 

So I got this back for the french heavy line.  I used the  top 90 mm when I played it last, I think, because the increased pen was better at dealing with higher tiers.  Is the consensus now to use the 105?  I seem to recall this could see tier 10's when it was introduced but I'm fuzzy on that fact. 

It could see 10s back when it was introduced; but even then, the 105 was the far better choice; while the 90 was a newbie trap. The 90mm has been buffed since that time, while the 105 remain unchanged.

Currently, while the 105 struggles with superheavies; it is a lol broken weapon against everything else with liberal prem ammo usage.

You're right the 105 with gold spam is pretty good, as long as you aren't trying to manfight heavily armored tanks.  I don't think anyone expects the 330 alpha. 

Yep, it still has the +10% alpha on gold ammo.

High roll around 413 compared to 375. I had a couple 398-400 hits which provoked some satisfying complaints.

Any idea what the expected xp costs for the new tier 8 will be? I'm at about 88k on the M4 45, but I suspect it will be much higher so WG can capitalize off those who convert free xp w/ gold...

Most tier 8's in the french line are in the area of 80K xp but I think it depends on the cost to elite the tier 7.  I think 80K-100K is a safe bet. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0