Fire_Hive

AMX M4 mle. 45

132 posts in this topic

I switched to the 105 and gold spam for the +10% damage.  It's better. The tier 8 is not good.  If it were for strongholds and tolerant clan mates, I would have free xp to the tier 9.

The 105mm is essentially 25% of the grind to the AMX 65. Is it really worth it?

EDIT: Just got out of a battle where I was top tier on Westfield. Within 2 minutes I was spotted by an MT-25 and lost 800 hit points, tracks, gun, radioman to arty. I don't feel I've ever had my patience tested like this since I grinded the T28 from stock.

Edited by Mow Mow

105mm (esp. with gold) is the way to go. With the 90mm you're just a slow, gimped Tiger H without the dpm or gun handling. With 300/330 alpha you can at least trade semi-reliably.

Grinding this for a second time, this time without prem account, for the 65t.

I toughed it out the first time with the long 90mm to save creds (i.e. not be tempted to 22 my problems).

This time around? I remember why I missed this tank while grinding 4502 A.

Because it would have made 4502 A feel OP as hell.

Just finished grinding the AMX 65t, and as i've already also researched and unlocked the AMX 50 100 I can safely say bon voyage to this oversized Maginot Line and to ask this "tank" to go choke on a stale baguette.

because there's really no redeeming feature about this tank other than being so "French". I'd even rather be in a Black Prince than this tank, since at least the BP has relatively better armor.  I mostly used the 90mm gun, and it's just absurd how mediocre the firepower this tank has compared to even against same tier medium tanks. Because that seems to be how the tank is suggested to be played.

The only German inspiration in its design from the Tiger is the size and shite mobility. I hesitate to use the 105 because I don't want to spend more than I have to while playing this tank, and the idea of missing shots (not that the 90mm doesn't) while trying to compensate for the low AP pen by spamming prem isn't appealing to me.

If you had used the 105 and spammed gold you would have looked back fondly on this tank. Now you are cursed to find a worse insult for the 65t.