Sign in to follow this  
Sipher351

How concerned should I be?

10 posts in this topic

Just had a pretty bad night grinding this Leopard PTA I got. My best WN7 was 2300 and my worst was -97 over a spread of about 7 games (did get a lols cap defense game with 15,000 eff #padhard). I have the turret for better gun stats, but full stock everywhere else.

How concerned should I be that I'm playing way under my usual, in a stock tank, at a high tier, in a tank that punishes bad play harshly? I know there is no excuse to be bad, but I guess what I mean is that is it unrealistic for me to expect to be able to manage good consistent play in a tank like this considering my general lack of experience, and the fact that I have only been on these forums trying seriously to improve for about a month?

Are my expectations of at least being able to manage a competent (~1600) WN solo at high tiers too big for my breeches at this point in my improvement?

Meh, my past seven days have been horrific! (im talking 1000Wn7 / 21%W/R today). So dont feel too bad. That tank gets better once you have the engine, but not TOO MUCH better unfortunately. 

I played mine almost completely solo and from hard stock, and ended up with very good stats (for me), and this was before i knew that i was [email protected]!

Play it like its a light tank with a great gun. hide and stay in the back a lot when youre not spotting and you'll do fine. I loved every second of that tank once i got all the mods for it.

In a support tank, when queuing solo you're quite at the mercy of your team. If they don't set up well to be supported, there won't be much you can do on some maps.

this: http://www.wotstatistics.net/ does a great job. Just install and assign your dossier. change the eff to wn7 in the settings and enjoy

Yeah, I was using wotstatistics to measure my games. 

I'm just starting to doubt myself is all. Over the past month I've seen my stats going up, so I was pleased, but stepping back into tier 9 has convinced me that I'm bad. I was thinking about it, and I realized I was playing a lot of T49 for 30 kills, running some other tier 7s with some RL buddies, and mostly tier 8s over the last month or so. So I convinced myself that maybe I hadn't really improved any at all, and I was just unknowingly clubbing seals.

Last night was pretty bad for me and i was playing the T-54 that runs on russian bias. Had a hard time on the east server so i went to try a few matches on the west server. 28% win rate in 7 battles(won just 2) but 1 about 1027 average XP.

Teams were just uncarriable and had i been using a squishy tank like the proto i doubt i'd have gotten those two wins and average XP would be around 500-600.

A stock tank makes a surprising amount of difference, so no, you shouldn't be worried. I was terrible on the IS-3 until I got the BL-9, and then my WN7 on it jumped from 1350 to 1900. Also high tiers are harder since players are usually better, so you will naturally not perform as well as lower tiers, especially in a non-elite tank. Just keep grinding, focus on minimizing your mistakes and try to master whatever aspect of your tank you can master. Once it's elited, you'll have a solid experience and knowledge of your tank, but now it's actually balanced. To go back to my IS-3 example, I had 122mm25DT so most of what I did was go to the frontline and practice having people bounce off my frontal armor. Took me about 50 games to get it right, and without the crutch of having a better gun I really didn't have a choice but to do it right or else I'd be useless. That's personal though, some people would rather free XP immediately for clutch modules like the BL-9. Up to you.

Sign in to follow this