Sign in to follow this  
console

WoT SEA LAG Fest!

28 posts in this topic

Does anyone here experienced the lag since 8.8 update? By the way yesterday is Monday and i noticed that there's so much players playing now on SEA server its about 22k online players what the hell happened?? and i guess that is the cause of LAG. I think that the server can't handle too much population or because so many people is starting to update their client? My MS is running about 120+ / 130+ and the green dot is starting to turn in to red. It sucks, hard to play fast tank when you need to flank etc, etc. it has .5 delay.

The packet loss is something they have introduced with 8.8 and it affects all servers.

Expect a server side patch or mini-patch sometime soon seeing as it likely affects RU.

The packet loss is something they have introduced with 8.8 and it affects all servers.

Expect a server side patch or mini-patch sometime soon seeing as it likely affects RU.

As a new player hoping they will fixed it as soon as possible i was enjoying playing in SEA server..

I am a beta player before in NA server but i dint like it because of terrible LAG. now it happens again :doubleguns:

so you guys are experiencing these as well.. i blamed my network for it.. 

Yep server problem i ask some of my mates in random battle they are experiencing it as well..

Just after the patch my ping went up to 200ms.

Yesterday it went back to the normal 120ms but I was getting constant lag just a fraction of a second my tank would rotate a little more or the shot would be delayed by a tiny bit. Missed soo many shots because of it

Yeah there's a bit of packet loss to the server. Plenty of others are complaining about it too.

Question is will we have to wait for a major patch for them to fix it or will they do an interim patch.

There has been mention of lag issues on FTR several times since the 8.8 release.  In one post he mentions a systematic test that was done and published on the RU forums that basically eliminated the ISP of the end user, their desktop configuration and performance (including operating system, graphics, driver versions) and mods as being involved in the lag, so pointing back to WG as their issue.   Later articles include speculation that data caching at the client (introduced in 8.8 apparently) is interfering with their network code at the server end, but WG have not admitted anything yet.

It is true. Im getting 999 ping more frequently and even after the 999 ping stops, the tank still is laggy for several seconds which I've never experienced before

SEA server always has been a laggy bitch when it gets busy, it can't handle the player count. Regardless of what is being said about it from WG's end, the server is still underpowered. But I guess SerB needs the money for hookers and blow so no server upgrades for us :(

SEA server always has been a laggy bitch when it gets busy, it can't handle the player count. Regardless of what is being said about it from WG's end, the server is still underpowered. But I guess SerB needs the money for hookers and blow so no server upgrades for us :(

Server is underpowered? they should upgrade the server.. crap services = 0$

It is not a single server, the back end runs on a cluster, with a scheduling algorithm to put workload (battles) on individual cluster nodes based on how busy they are, ie. standard parallel programming techniques.   You may not have seen the articles from WG Asia on the topic - they have referred to a capacity to support up to 50,000 users or thereabouts which implies they have sufficient nodes in the cluster to run the current user population.

The lag problem is affecting all regions - RU, EU, NA, and Asia that we know about, so it is not likely to be a server capacity issue.

It is not a single server, the back end runs on a cluster, with a scheduling algorithm to put workload (battles) on individual cluster nodes based on how busy they are, ie. standard parallel programming techniques.   You may not have seen the articles from WG Asia on the topic - they have referred to a capacity to support up to 50,000 users or thereabouts which implies they have sufficient nodes in the cluster to run the current user population.

The lag problem is affecting all regions - RU, EU, NA, and Asia that we know about, so it is not likely to be a server capacity issue.

I see thanks for the info. :thumbup:

Same shit on EU. Peak around a corner, boom, shot goes 3 meters to the left.

Almost screwed me in ESL, but the other guy missed too, I wonder why...

You know that, I know that - not many other people know that, so the collection as a whole is dubbed "the server". Also, don't believe everything a company tells you ;) 

Lag is all luck! Every now and then I get a healthy dose of packet loss but on the whole it ain't so bad. Still annoying as fuck when you swing around for that perfect peak a boom shot and my round comes out side ways.... It's like I'm on the Russian test server

Lag is all luck! Every now and then I get a healthy dose of packet loss but on the whole it ain't so bad. Still annoying as fuck when you swing around for that perfect peak a boom shot and my round comes out side ways.... It's like I'm on the Russian test server

I'm enjoying your campaign on luck over on the WoT forums.

A thread on EU server about this and WG claiming a QA team are actively looking into it .

WG EU staff member also claiming overclocking software on Pc's is to blame....

My WR took a nose dive since 8.8, I thought I had lost my swag until I noticed that my ping has gone from 150ms average to 250ms. The last couple of days it could barely stay below 300ms with heavy packet loss, great stuff WG, even the test server feels smoother

Mine has settled down

Back to 120-130 ping and no packet loss