Barks_Internally

Barks_Internally [37 Replays Added 1/6/14]

Question

245 answers to this question

The 20/20/20 missions seem to have had that effect for me.  First few games in the BDR this weekend weren't good (ok, the first game wasn't going to be salvageable no matter what I did) and no kills through 3 games.  Then they started to get better as I got into the flow and knocked out 22 kills in 13 games (really good by my standards).  Swapped to the T49, first few games didn't play that well (1 kill through 3 games) then started to feel the tank and knocked out the next 19 kills in 11 games (again, really good by my standards).  So the advice Bark and Crab are giving seems to fit my recent experience.  It's a little unfortunate that some of the game structure (x2 to x5 xp bonuses for first wins) makes part of me want to ignore this advice.  If I could convince myself to ignore the shiny object it might help me get better, faster.

what style of play do you lean toward (if any) in the Leo1? Its been my favorite tank since ive gotten it and ive tried playing it many different ways, and im curious to see how the purps run this tank.

p.s. - that read on "Flow" was some of the best stuff ive read on the interwebz in a long time, much appreciated!

I can confirm: having tanks you're comfortable suiciding is an irresistible temptation these days. That obviously tanks your stats, kills your zen and makes you unmindfulness. 

So many shit teams that deserve a suicidal griefer on their team.

I really can't identify with this.

The 20/20/20 missions seem to have had that effect for me.  First few games in the BDR this weekend weren't good (ok, the first game wasn't going to be salvageable no matter what I did) and no kills through 3 games.  Then they started to get better as I got into the flow and knocked out 22 kills in 13 games (really good by my standards).  Swapped to the T49, first few games didn't play that well (1 kill through 3 games) then started to feel the tank and knocked out the next 19 kills in 11 games (again, really good by my standards).  So the advice Bark and Crab are giving seems to fit my recent experience.  It's a little unfortunate that some of the game structure (x2 to x5 xp bonuses for first wins) makes part of me want to ignore this advice.  If I could convince myself to ignore the shiny object it might help me get better, faster.

Well there you go, have a couple of games in a tank to get into the swing of things and go from there.

what style of play do you lean toward (if any) in the Leo1? Its been my favorite tank since ive gotten it and ive tried playing it many different ways, and im curious to see how the purps run this tank.

p.s. - that read on "Flow" was some of the best stuff ive read on the interwebz in a long time, much appreciated!

The leopard can literally do anything that isn't getting shot, or being arty.

You can scout, snipe, flank, flex...almost anything you want really.

Depending on the map, I might try to get quick aggressive spots like on lakeville/tundra/marsh/kormarin etc or I may just sit back and wait to see what's happening. I'll try to find a couple of replays showing this.

I'm horrible at tier X mediums, and I wish I could frame a question for you that would solve all my tanking problems. 

I've platooned with you a couple of times... what about my play style irks you the most?

I honestly haven't paid much attention to what you do, largely because I feel that I can safely assume that whatever you're doing is the right thing. Similarly, I don't think we talked much while playing, simply because we both know what needs to be done without saying.

So, with that: I can't think of any criticisms. I would probably need to watch some of your replays If i wanted the detail to be able to make any calls like that.

Do you agree that any self-proclaimed unicum should at least try to play both the PTA and the Leopard for, at least, 300 games each, to really earn the label?

I know you do so let's move on to the next question: Leopard 1, sexiest tonk?

Definitely the most challenging, irritating, rewarding, despicable line I've ever played and the one that has taught me the most about playing smart - and most of the battles were during its release, when artilleries were still flooding the server, fps were horrible and RNG hadn't been nerfed. God playing the Leopard sucked so much...

That initial day-and-a-half 153 games run on my Leopard PTA to unlock the Leopard gave me PTSD. 337 games combined on both tanks in less than 5 days. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention - 293 every fucking where.

Gibe problems or replays then

If I post a few PTA replays will you make some comments on them? Feel free to say no of course, I know it's a big thing to ask. You just seem like the Leo king.

If I post a few PTA replays will you make some comments on them? Feel free to say no of course, I know it's a big thing to ask. You just seem like the Leo king.

Haha, eat shit antonio

Yes, bring the replays

I just started in on the PTA. Plays more like a light tank than I expected, I approve. I actually enjoy it except for when I fuck up royally, which is very easy to do. 

Introduction to the proper application of yolo:

http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1005208693.27381044958680051

Dat YOLO, mad impressive. I'm impressed more by how much you bounced during that YOLO than anything.

As an addon to Bridgeburner, is the bad rep the PTA gets because of the stock grind? is it good/leolike when elite?