Sign in to follow this  
RalphTheTheatreCat

Community mentoring thread locked on sea. WG has a plan!

66 posts in this topic

There was a threadlockfest yesterday on sea after a raft of threads directed towards the abysmal playstyle that is only getting worse on SEAASIAPAC. One thread was the revival of the community mentoring thread. Comments by the person locking the thread were:

"WG will assist & support with Player -> Player training, so please keep an eye out for that announcement which should be available in a week or two."

Could this mean that WG have accepted that the player base has a below average skill level?

What could they implement to fix it?

Is this viable or is the server too far gone to save?

Are the vocal minority finally being listened too?

how to be good at tank: SEA edition

1) learn english

2) play in NA server

3) join WoTLabs

4) ?????

5) green-purple stat

extra: You can go back to SEA after you get purple stat. then you can be super unicum in SEA sever 

how to be good at tank: SEA edition

1) learn english

2) play in NA server

3) join WoTLabs

4) ?????

5) green-purple stat

extra: You can go back to SEA after you get purple stat. then you can be super unicum in SEA sever 

Please repeat step 1 of your devious plan.

Please repeat step 1 of your devious plan.

sorry I am bad at english >:

thought it doesn't say you need good english either :P

Could this mean that WG have accepted that the player base has a below average skill level?

By definition, the player base has exactly an average skill level.

By definition, the player base has exactly an average skill level.

True, but that bell curve is mighty skewed. Imagine how many of those stats are <100 games @60%+. There surely is not a clear balance of numbers between the 60%ers and the 40%ers on SEA.

The player-base is unsalvageable, not even my mighty swagger can maintain a 100% win rate.

SWAG

YOLO

#360noscopeT1stronktonk

There was a threadlockfest yesterday on sea after a raft of threads directed towards the abysmal playstyle that is only getting worse on SEAASIAPAC. One thread was the revival of the community mentoring thread. Comments by the person locking the thread were:

"WG will assist & support with Player -> Player training, so please keep an eye out for that announcement which should be available in a week or two."

What could they implement to fix it?

Is this viable or is the server too far gone to save?

Are the vocal minority finally being listened too?

I suspect it's more along the lines of sweeping things under the carpet rather than anything actually being done. A thread offering help to those who need it implies that there are people who need help. We can't have the bads remembering they are bad and possibly spending on another game.

I suspect it's more along the lines of sweeping things under the carpet rather than anything actually being done. A thread offering help to those who need it implies that there are people who need help. We can't have the bads remembering they are bad and possibly spending on another game.

Downside of Bads leaving:

I go from looking relatively average to being the new bad.

Upside: Hair grows back. Don't replace keyboards as often.

Ralph,

I started the thread, inspired by Bridgey's one which didn't really work due to people (such as myself) not participating in helping out and a lack of people wanting help.

I have had half a dozen people PM me asking for help, and Tanitha has plans for players to mentor people who want help. Once the details are sorted out there will be an official announcement and people who want to help the community rather than complain about it all the time will have a chance to do proper training sessions with people who genuinely want help.

From what Tan has planned so far sounds real good, so just wait for the official announcement.

Mate its good to hear that it being taken seriously by the staff and not left to the many players on the server who volunteer their time in yours and also Bridgeys Mentoring threads. It has always been the case that there has always been a playerbase intent on creating a better playstyle on the server They may stir up people and get ROs on the way, but they are what the server needs. With a dedicated effort from management it may hopefully filter out to the right people who don't visit the forums.

There will always be a core of denyers and botters and people "who watch movies while grinding" and we will never escape that, but I do look forward to it and the changes it will bring to the place.

Those that haven't made the effort for themselves to learn the game mechanics are rarely worth the effort.

The ones that will never learn won't get any benefit, but there are a lot of people who do want the help. Heck, I converted a win rate denier.

Different mentalities I guess.

We will always have the Epeen people who will mindlessly grind to a tier 10 just to have one with a crap WR. And now they get an inflated personal scor inflated by games played, this will only help to intensify the stooped grinding.

I don't get that school of thought. Winning is fun. Imagine if WG introduced Win7 as a statistic to progress through tiers.

Sign in to follow this