Euchre

According to WG, they will allow users to hide stats, both ingame and API...

163 posts in this topic

I'd take lack of support (which is what I expect from everyone on my team anyways) over being specifically targeted by the entire enemy team any day of the week  :thumbup:

YOU STOLE MY AVATAR.

[...]

The only thing you will have to go on is who owns land, and who doesn't.  [...]

I'd disagree. When I was a baddie, I didn't even know there was a clan wars map for the longest time. I figured out which clans were the most dangerous by watching them repeatedly kill me and the majority of my team.

Pubbies may be stupid, but Pavlovian response alone will give them an idea of which clans are the stronkest regardless of stats.

This will encourage rerolls who want to be unknowns in the battle.  XVM stores the stats, right?  So they will have historical data.  Just not 60 day data.  So purples who want to 'hide' from being targeted won't have the option w/o rerolling.

People who like to use wotlabs/noobmeter to follow their stats will not want to use this.  Bad players probably don't care about their stats or they wouldn't be bad players (exceptions might be some people with a huge number of battles sick of being mocked at 44%). 

Curious if you click it off, wait a month, then click it on will that month's stats be available then or will it still be hidden?  Could be an opportunity for people who play stock tanks to 'remove' them from the stat sites and then only turn it back on when they're elited. 

Stats provided are aggregate.  Sites are just taking deltas to give you point-in-time snapshots, so your totals will include all your crap battles.

From a WG standpoint it would take a lot of development to not store/update stats for players and then turn it on rather than just hiding the display of stats.  I expect that they would still show players their own stats, so that's another reason they'd probably keep updating on the backend.

I don't use XVM myself so sometimes I forget about that; it'd be nice to not have the purple tag hanging over me but I think the clan tag will serve the same purpose.

It's like if Olympics competitions were all held in private and result of winners never published.

Sounds like Brockian Ultra-Cricket:

Rule Three: Put your team and the opposing team in a large field and build a high wall around them. The reason for this is that, though the game is a major spectator sport, the frustration experienced by the audience at not actually being able to see what’s going on leads them to imagine that it’s a lot more exciting than it really is. A crowd that has just watched a rather humdrum game experiences far less life affirmation than a crowd that believes it has just missed the most dramatic event in sporting history.

I sincerely hope this feature gets postponed infinitively. I like prioritizing good players. :)

In fact, it may be useful for unicums to hide there stats and leave opponents in the dark as to there true skill ... well at least until they figure it out by the way such a player conducts himself in battle (or that pesky clan tag).

In a way, I am currently profiting from a similar effect since I have had a huge gap between my global rating and my 60-days stats for approximately 10 months now. Rather helpful to be underestimated. :D

I simply will just treat hidden stats as a red 45%er, unless I know the player (or know of the player), if they're on my team.  

So really, hiding stats would hurt you more than it'd help, if you're a good player.  --  You can't blame me for not supporting you when you prevent me from making a correct evaluation of whether or not you will do well enough for me to support.  

I certainly hope so. Since I'm not in a clan, having my stats masked creates a certain advantage for me. Besides, I rarely get other good players on my teams, so your lack of support for me may turn into my supporting your push. Being underestimated is in itself an advantage.

And you can have 90% win rate from that and it wouldn't matter. What's the point of being good at pubs with no stats for good clan and tourney team? Maybe someone like Kewei gets off on able to farm damage alone, but being good without the bragging right kinda kills the competition. It's like if Olympics competitions were all held in private and result of winners never published.

I would like to address this if I may. While I'll likely never ascend to super-mega-purply-power ranger level, I do enjoy being reasonably competent at this game. The point of having decent stats is matter of personal satisfaction for me. I tried CWs and TCs, but I just don't have the time to commit to it. Those aspects of the game just aren't realistic for me. Tourneys even more so. 

If I had the time, I would be much more involved in the organized/competitive aspects of the game, and I appreciate the competition that does exist for those who are. My reality is playing pubs for a few battles here and there and occasionally getting in a string of 15-20 battles. 

I enjoy seeing the competitive players in pubs though because I have the chance to learn from the best. 

Anyway...this is just the .02 of a better than average pubby. 

Believe it or not, it just got worse;

- when the option to hide your stats is implemented, if someone hides their stats, you won’t be able to see them even after the battle is over (in game). It will also not be possible to recieve the stats of someone who has them hidden via API (SS: whatever that is, I suspect it’s some interface the mods like Noobmeter and Xvm work through)

Yes, you'll be able to hide your stats from your own team at the end of the battle.

this idea has gone from bad to horrific.

It is a bit of a worrying development to be honest, I know WG axe-grinding isn't right but over the last year or so, they've made several announcements and changes that basically seem to be aimed at cutting 3rd party sites out of the loop altogether - whether as a side effect of the baddies not wanting to know they're bad is a different question. 

As far as hiding stats, I won't hide mine. I'm a comfortably green semi-baddie; although I want to get better, it is after all still a game. (yes, start ze boo and ze hiss!)

XVM will use its cache'd stats, so while this does promote re-rolling, it won't really matter to most of us quite yet. The only people who'll be able to effectively hide their stats are new players and those that have improved dramatically since the change was introduced. Eventually this could become a real issue, though.

Believe it or not, it just got worse;

Yes, you'll be able to hide your stats from your own team at the end of the battle.

this idea has gone from bad to horrific.

Yeah that one went a bit too far:

Hiding stats during the battle: Maybe a borderline good thing as it prevents stats induced despair and incessant unicum hunting by arty.

Hiding stats in post battle results: What exactly does this accomplish, so that bad players do did 0 damage won't feel the shame.

Instead of trying to patch the ever increasing rift in skill between the good and bad players, they decide to cover it up and this is exactly what the baddies need to cease improving. I can stand a large number of 45% WR players on my team, but more often than not they are the only tier 9 heavy on the team in a platoon and invariably decides to camp-base/YOLO/HE spam and it drives me MAD. The fact there are people with 20k+ battles in high tier battles and still at 45% indicate that there is something seriously wrong with the game design.

If this does move forward, clan tag will be the new efficiency.

Stats post-battle was probably the single best change from a performance benchmark standpoint (perhaps replays).  Take us back to the '0 kills you suck!' days?  Fuck no.

Stats post-battle was probably the single best change from a performance benchmark standpoint (perhaps replays).  Take us back to the '0 kills you suck!' days?  Fuck no.

Are you sure that means hiding post-battle results and not hiding stats in garage?

Hidden garage stats isn't really any worse than hiding stats from XVM; letting people hide their post-battle results would be the worst and most pointless thing wargaming ever did.

Are you sure that means hiding post-battle results and not hiding stats in garage?

Hidden garage stats isn't really any worse than hiding stats from XVM; letting people hide their post-battle results would be the worst and most pointless thing wargaming ever did.

It is Wargaming we're talking about, so they will probably do the whole shebang of hiding post-battle stats, just so the baddies don't get told they're bad.

It's funny because they recently updated their mobile app so that it's easier to compare your stats with other peoples'.

It's funny because they recently updated their mobile app so that it's easier to compare your stats with other peoples'.

Something tells me that "their" mobile app won't be having to deal with the hiding of stats... 

I think most unicums would turn theirs off...but I also think most unicums are proud of their stats and would still want their clan and people on wotlabs to know their unicum.

Personally I think this will negatively impact the game.  I ONLY play to try to be the best in the NA now.  Doesn't mean it will happen but without stats who gives a fuck about this game?

Heck even for a baddie like me, I like my stats. Lets me know if I'm getting better at the game or not, and that's the goal innit? Getting better so you can "win" (for various interpretations of) the game. No stats? No knowing if you get there or not... 

Source: 

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/09/27/27-9-2013/#more-3578

So.... i imagine the terribads will now hide thier stats...  The better players will not.

Alot of angles to this, i don't see any of them as a good thing.

This isn't a good thing or a bad thing.

It's just a thing.

How could this possibly be detrimental to the game?

This. Without stats or a ladder or some other ranking system the game will lose the hardcore players pretty quickly.

I'm not for or against the change yet, but this is a pretty poorly constructed argument.

Hardcore players are in it to compete. Tourneys, companies, and clan wars cater to the hardcore.

Who cares if stats can be hidden in random battles? Tools like wotlabs (assuming wotlabs is uneffected by the change) are still a thing.

I feel clan wars, companies, and tourneys would remain relatively unchanged.

How is the competition suddenly gone because randoms can hide stats?