Loa: Camo

Starting 2nd skill:
Com: Retrain to Sixth Sense, Camo
Gun: Camo, Snap Shot
Driv: Camo, Clutch Braking
Rad: Camo, Situational Awareness
Loa: Camo, Repair

Starting 3rd skill:
Doesn't matter, pick whatever, you'll be retraining them all soon.

60% through 3rd skill: Retrain all crew members to:
Com: BiA, Sixth Sense, Camo
Gun: BiA, Camo, Snap Shot
Driv: BiA, Camo, Clutch Braking
Rad: BiA, Camo, Situational Awareness
Loa: BiA, Camo, Repair (Or Adrenaline Rush to save you 200g if you're gonna get to 4 skills)

Starting 4th skill:
Com: BiA, Sixth Sense, Camo, Recon
Gun: Retrain to: BiA, Camo, Deadeye, Snap Shot
Driv: BiA, Camo, Clutch Braking, Off Road Driving
Rad: BiA, Camo, Situational Awareness, Signal Boosting
Loa: BiA, Camo, Adrenaline Rush, Repair

Starting 5th skill:
Com: BiA, Sixth Sense, Camo, Recon, Repair
Gun: BiA, Camo, Deadeye, Snap Shot, Repair
Driv: BiA, Camo, Clutch Braking, Off Road Driving, Repair
Rad: BiA, Camo, Situational Awareness, Signal Boosting, Repair
Loa: BiA, Camo, Adrenaline Rush, Safe Stowage, Repair

Me too.

It will soon be my most run tank, just a few battles behind the T1 HT, my old credit grinding tank.  

Yay for tanks that win a lot and are fun in all of their tiers.  

Thread for T49 appreciation.

tFkkoQq.png

jesus christ how many games did it take to get that many skills on the thing? this thread is going to make me free xp to and buy it. I always here absurd things about it.

How similar is it to the Hellcat? I love me my Hellcat and i'd potentially try retraining it's crew into the T49.

jesus christ how many games did it take to get that many skills on the thing? this thread is going to make me free xp to and buy it. I always here absurd things about it.

How similar is it to the Hellcat? I love me my Hellcat and i'd potentially try retraining it's crew into the T49.

It's not really like the Hellcat at all, it's better at sniping and scouting than the Hellcat, but has less of a medium ranged engagement profile (70-200m). It's a lot more agile, has more camo, and is more fragile in CQC due to sheer lack of HP.

The killzone of 270m-445m, which is the range you will spot things (400m) to the range you can shoot things at until they will see you if you are in a bush (270m) is very large, and often enough distance for you to kill a tank without it every seeing you. Because of what I just said, the T49 is one of the few vehicles in the game that can reliably light its own target to shoot and kill while remaining camo'd up. This difference is quite significant and leads to the T49 requiring very different skill sets and styles of gameplay than the M18 Hellcat.

That's more or less why I like the hellcat, being able to flex and invistank kill people. switching from alpha to ROF is going to be a twist but I could see myself loving it.

My question is what is your equipment setup? Rammer/GLD and binocs or optics?

Do you use the 76mm? It didn't feel very snipey to me. I pubstomped the M8A1 like mad, and I still have the Hellcat, but the T49 just didn't seem to do it for me...

Hmm i've heard lots of debates over the camonet, I suppose I should throw that over in the Ask a Unicum section.

Unicums are gonna point you to me for anything T49 related.

Do you use the 76mm? It didn't feel very snipey to me. I pubstomped the M8A1 like mad, and I still have the Hellcat, but the T49 just didn't seem to do it for me...

76mm M1A1. Standard AP is more than enough pen for most targets.

Outside of the T49 and a couple of arty, i don't really use the camo net. On the T49 however, it is king.

Edited by Allurai
Added basic T49 set up to OP.

76mm M1A1. Standard AP is more than enough pen for most targets.

Which is really nice.  Most of the premium rounds that I use are due to running out of AP.  

I couldn't find the strength to buy the Hellcat after I started to enjoy the T49. As I wrote before, after seeing Allurai dominate with this thing on youtube I started improving my gameplay and this tank easily became my absolute favorite.

I'm using Allurai's suggested skills, with only one twist... I put CB as the driver's first skill instead of camo, since I quite like to flank when I finish clearing the path in front of me. I'm currently at 65% of the second skill, planning to retrain to Bia as the first skill after I start the third skill and I'm sure that after dropping I'll have the first two skills at 100%. Not sure what's the percentage needed on the third skill though...

Oh, you forgot to say that this tank is so light that it can fly.  :P

shot_583.jpg

Edit: by the way Allurai, the difference with Bia is noticeable?

I couldn't find the strength to buy the Hellcat after I started to enjoy the T49. As I wrote before, after seeing Allurai dominate with this thing on youtube I started improving my gameplay and this tank easily became my absolute favorite.

I'm using Allurai's suggested skills, with only one twist... I put CB as the driver's first skill instead of camo, since I quite like to flank when I finish clearing the path in front of me. I'm currently at 65% of the second skill, planning to retrain to Bia as the first skill after I start the third skill and I'm sure that after dropping I'll have the first two skills at 100%. Not sure what's the percentage needed on the third skill though...

Oh, you forgot to say that this tank is so light that it can fly.  :P

shot_583.jpg

Edit: by the way Allurai, the difference with Bia is noticeable?

Yes, the increases to turret traverse, hull traverse, reload speed and aim time are all pretty lush... and the extra 2.2% vision range, camo and repair speed helps you min/max that little bit further.

Glad to hear that, I'll retrain them for sure. Sixth sense is amazingly useful, I can keep shooting with impunity knowing that I haven't been spotted. Last time I was top tier with the T49, I racked in 9 kills on sand river. Easy mode...

Speaking about gameplay, the only tank I've felt that shares similarities with the T49 is the Cromwell, to the point that I've given the tank the same skillset as the T49 even though they're different. The Cromwell is way better than the T49 at flanking and circling, but at the start of the match -especially if I'm bottom tier- I like to play it in the same spots I take with the T49. The rof is lower, but the pen and alpha are higher. They're roughly similar in terms of dpm.

The cromwell doesn't have the camo that the T49 does, but yeah - I'd find myself agreeing with that. I play the Cromwell very similarly too.

I remember liking the T49 at one time, but when I re-bought it, it just didn't seem to click with me very well.

33% done on a 15 game T49 solo mission. will write up the games in detail afterwards.

66% done. Just had a game where a pubbie team was carried hard through a game kicking and screaming. I got a 390 dmg spotted patrol duty.

The cromwell doesn't have the camo that the T49 does, but yeah - I'd find myself agreeing with that. I play the Cromwell very similarly too.

That's the first time I find someone that agrees with me on the Cromwell! :D everyone else tells me that I'm doing it wrong and that's it. Still, looking at the tabs the Cromwell does have a better base camo than other mediums, and from what I see ingame it's noticeably more stealthier than the E8 or the 3001H.

Looking forward to see your average stats on the 15 match solo mission.

decided to make it a 20 game grind, atm they are pretty high

edit: 20 games done, session average WN7: 3495.08

I was accused of statpadding in my T49 the other day.  I absolutely love getting Malinovka south spawn in my T49.  Spotting church and laying waste to all the tanks struggling up the hill is so much fun. 

I appreciate the T49. It just has everything. (except armor, but that's for sissies.) I was going to link the replay where I got Top Gun and Confederate in the same battle, but then I realized MWReplays was down. Oh well, I'll just have to do it again.  :doubleguns2: