AntonioHandsome

myhiddenvices

613 posts in this topic

Why wouldn't you? They're both respectable in their own right

Because I had never played Russian heavies before.

Would you consider yourself a tier 8 whore now?

I will literally play whatever - however, I need to play what I'm expected to perform great in.

At least I try to play a lot of tier 8's, and not just T69 over and over again.

Because I had never played Russian heavies before.

I will literally play whatever - however, I need to play what I'm expected to perform great in.

At least I try to play a lot of tier 8's, and not just T69 over and over again.

The IS series are very fun to play, and great tools. They just have everything you need to do well. Well placed armor, enough mobility, big boom. They can't vision control at all, but are sufficient compact to be hard to see/shoot in all kinds of places.

8s is the best, I do hope the 8.6 arty changes don't make it unfun to pub 8s. Without really realizing it (but reading this thread) my garage looks like a tournament player's account: IS-3, AMX 50 100, T69, AMX 13 90, WZ-132

Russians don't use WZ-132's at all on their tournaments from what I recall. They'd rather use T71's, and with 8.6, autoloaders are going to be quite deadly altogether.

Still love my 13 90 over everything else, really. Helluva fun tank.

Russians don't use WZ-132's at all on their tournaments from what I recall. They'd rather use T71's, and with 8.6, autoloaders are going to be quite deadly altogether.

Still love my 13 90 over everything else, really. Helluva fun tank.

Is the T71 replacing the 13 90 at the tournament level?

I also love the 13 90 although my performance in it is marred by many many games as a new LT player, with a poor understanding of the class/game. Still I keep it and run it for the double now and again. Too many 'good' players are down on LTs though, which is always disappointing. Also, your 13 90 summer camo pattern is atrocious. 

I use the most disruptive camo patterns in hope that pubbies get confused when they get so close up that they can't see the outline when aiming at me. Also because I'm cool.

No, the T71 is not replacing the 13 90. 13 90 is still considerably fast and packs one of the biggest punch for its tier, considering its mobility. It's also small, has great view range and is easy to conceal. T71 is more of... a really glorified T-50-2 that can pen anything it faces with HEAT.

Ok, that makes sense. And burst is king, so the sustained dpm of the 132 just isn't that useful in the small format, and it can't actively scout quite as well as the T71.

I've recently unlocked my first tier 10, the T110.  I've heard that it is supposed to be very good, but I don't understand how I'm supposed to play it.  I don't own one yet,  But I'm worried about how to play effectively because of the cupola.  Any advice on that?  I'm not very experienced with high tiers yet, and while I've been doing above average in the upper tiers, I still might not be very good in those tiers yet.

On another note, how is the Leopard?

Thanks.

Don't worry about the cuppola. It will bounce even at close range due to how weird it is. Just wiggle your turret around. I can't tell you how to play the T110 because I never learned how to play it myself, but I'd say... like any other heavy.

Leopard... love-hate story.

Leopard... love-hate story.

Does it scout well, like the Bat Chat, or is it used more as a mobile gun (I know that the Bat Chat doesn't only scout)?  Is it used often in clan wars, tournaments?  Thanks. 

Scouts better than the BatChat due to superior view range and soft stats. Nonetheless, you shouldn't really be scouting with the Leopard too much unless you don't value your life. It is used in clan wars, I guess, but it requires a good player handling it. Tournaments? There are far better tanks.

Scouts better than the BatChat due to superior view range and soft stats. Nonetheless, you shouldn't really be scouting with the Leopard too much unless you don't value your life. It is used in clan wars, I guess, but it requires a good player handling it. Tournaments? There are far better tanks.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't actively scout, but being able to find enemies when needed is nice.

It's more of using your speed to reach a forward position from where you can both retreat safely and spot the enemy as they come into your 450-460 view range radius. If damage upon spotting would count as a stat, my lack of DPG on my Leopard would be compensated by high DUS.

Shouldn't the kills to deaths under your 24 hour scores be 22?

noobmeter math is broken

I don't know how they're getting that number, but mine is wrong as well regardless of time period.

It's more of using your speed to reach a forward position from where you can both retreat safely and spot the enemy as they come into your 450-460 view range radius. If damage upon spotting would count as a stat, my lack of DPG on my Leopard would be compensated by high DUS.

Has the max spotting distance been changed from 446?

I hear that having higher then that will allow you to spot camo'd people within the 446 range but you can not possibly spot someone outside of it.

Has the max spotting distance been changed from 446?

I hear that having higher then that will allow you to spot camo'd people within the 446 range but you can not possibly spot someone outside of it.

Leopard's view range with coated + BiA + situational awareness is in the high 450-low 460's I believe. That's what I meant.

Your survival rate is indeed amazing.  There was a guide to survival on the regular WoT forums a while ago posted by Adroxis, who has a pretty good survival rate.  However it's nowhere close to your survival rate the past week.  Is there anything specific you could add to Adroxis' guide or any replays or videos that show the difference in playstyle between your crazy survival rate and a regular unicum survival rate?

Not really that much to add. I just try to play conservative and maximize my hitpoint advantage, avoiding as many risks as possible and being infrequent with my moves, especially when playing meds and lights. I have a crap ton of replays but I don't really have anything really spectacular to show. I'd stream if I could but people would consider it boring probably.

I'm just the backup guy that likes to conserve his hitpoints while outputting as much damage as I can. Staying alive usually means being able to output more damage if necessary, at the expense of not getting crazy DPM as others might. I need to probably find a balance between aggression and conservative gameplay, although I have no problems taking on multiple tanks at once as a heavy and being overall aggressive, I just prefer to avoid risks and make pubbies come to me.

!Kung Fu! learned this yesterday on the WGLNA qualifiers, playing steppes.

We learned yesterday that i should never end up calling battles, ever.

Our main caller (Hohohahee) is out on vacation, our secondary caller (Cycliscs) was MIA, our part time caller (Loseallday) was so laggy that he couldn't get on TS(Watch how hilariously bad he was in the first match, when i was controlling Hohohahee's Kv5 and Lose was on his T32.)

Basically yesterday's match was a contest of 2 crippled vets trying to fight it out, as Hammer Time also suffered a series of DCs (They actually had a DC on Ruinberg first match, we actually chatted a little about what to do before we decided to just fight it out after realizing that the ref can't bloody hear us or simply doesn't care)

Pretty much everyone on both sides either suffered from DCs or lag ( I actually suffered huge spikes before lagging out on Prok.)