evacmybore

Panther II - Top Gun Comparo and Questions

143 posts in this topic

YMMV, I guess.  I notice no real difference in mobility, but a clear difference in gun handling, which made it feel much more capable.  Like I said, I'm not dreading the last 20 or so games now.    

I am so fucking done with this tank, there is zero goddamn reason to have a fatass sniping tank at this tier anymore. E-50 cannot possibly be worth this. Accuracy doesn't mean a flying fuck, you could hit the same shots with 0.36 as you can with 0.30 with these fucking broken dispersion mechanics. In fact, I'm done with anything over tier 5 any more. High tier is finally complete and utter shit as of the release of the Defender. Nothing but fucking Defenders Defenders Defenders and face to keyboard mashing brawling horseshit every game. Bouncing the side of the fucking turrets with gold, missing the lower plate at 100m fully aimed, bouncing clean side shots because HURR DURR ALL SOVIET TANKS HAVE SIDES AT 5 DEGREES while they just shit all over pathetic tanks like this with 440 alpha AP snapshots. They've managed to finally just end high tier as anything worth even touching.

the soft stats are the same, the only real differences are whats on paper (in game)

i've also noticed this thread derailed pretty fucking hard, but still, i'd like to point that out and i might just skip the L/100, im liking the L/71, i much prefer the better DPM, especially when trying to kill run away targets, the faster reload lets me get 2 shots when i otherwise couldn't, though i can see why someone would like the L/100, it is a much better sniper gun and consistent with the german accuracy trend the panther 1 worked so well with and its following tanks and brothers (leopard 1, E50/50M, etc.)

24 minutes ago, lordawesome7 said:

the soft stats are the same, the only real differences are whats on paper (in game)

i've also noticed this thread derailed pretty fucking hard, but still, i'd like to point that out and i might just skip the L/100, im liking the L/71, i much prefer the better DPM, especially when trying to kill run away targets, the faster reload lets me get 2 shots when i otherwise couldn't, though i can see why someone would like the L/100, it is a much better sniper gun and consistent with the german accuracy trend the panther 1 worked so well with and its following tanks and brothers (leopard 1, E50/50M, etc.)

Put it this way, a Panther II with the L71 is a shitty version of the 90mm NATO meds which are already pretty bad to begin with; a Panther II with the L100, while still pretty bad, is at least unique in its capacity as a sniper.

6 hours ago, lavawing said:

Put it this way, a Panther II with the L71 is a shitty version of the 90mm NATO meds which are already pretty bad to begin with; a Panther II with the L100, while still pretty bad, is at least unique in its capacity as a sniper.

With the l71 you have a 200 DPM advantage over the pershing and 150 over the cent. You also have comparable gun stats to the pershing with better final acc.

With the l100 you have same DPM and your only advantage is being slightly better at 300m+ though that is still debatable since being able to shoot almost 1 more shot per minute gives you a bigger chance to hit shit than a slight bump in accuracy.

This is the kind of discussion that happens when people base it on looking at numbers on tanks.gg rather than playing tanks. It's not very useful.  I'll wager a number of participants haven't played the tank with either gun recently (not that I would blame them...I won't be playing it again soon).  

3 hours ago, Griphos said:

This is the kind of discussion that happens when people base it on looking at numbers on tanks.gg rather than playing tanks. It's not very useful.  I'll wager a number of participants haven't played the tank with either gun recently (not that I would blame them...I won't be playing it again soon).  

i've been playiing the L/71 as of now and the DPM thing fits my playstyle better and if RNG is going to fuck your shots up anyway, might as well have more times to role

On 25.03.2017 at 3:16 PM, Griphos said:

It is a bit of a shitty argument claming people who don't agree with you are just making shit up. 

Tried the l100. Did not work for me. Too many times the enemy managed to hide behind cover and the rld was too slow to permatrack. 

how much gold you fire?

l100 is better here hands down...if you are cheap

Both guns will not make a shit tank any better...but l100 is a better chai sniper...and gold round can actually pen E 100 lfp...just to scratch him, true...

9 hours ago, Felicius said:

how much gold you fire?

l100 is better here hands down...if you are cheap

Both guns will not make a shit tank any better...but l100 is a better chai sniper...and gold round can actually pen E 100 lfp...just to scratch him, true...

My loadout is 60/40% standard/gold. Maybe I'm lucky but at 140 games I'm pulling 60-61% WR on this. I still hate it since it's mostly pulled on mediocre games where I do barely enough to pull the win. I still don't get it how I get good WR on the panther. It's my 2nd account where I grind the Panther II and 2nd time I have good WR despite hating the tank. 

On 3/28/2017 at 10:53 AM, hazzgar said:

My loadout is 60/40% standard/gold. Maybe I'm lucky but at 140 games I'm pulling 60-61% WR on this. I still hate it since it's mostly pulled on mediocre games where I do barely enough to pull the win. I still don't get it how I get good WR on the panther. It's my 2nd account where I grind the Panther II and 2nd time I have good WR despite hating the tank. 

It has reduced mm weight - 80 % of a heavy tank, compared to 100% with most of other meds. it counts as a few % of WR.

13 hours ago, Felicius said:

It has reduced mm weight - 80 % of a heavy tank, compared to 100% with most of other meds. it counts as a few % of WR.

I get it that lower MM weight helps but on other reduced MM weight meds I really feel like I'm doing more. On the Panther not really? I'm strangely consistent in it doing not bad not great amounts of damage while for example in the t44 I feel like I carry way more than just pulling my weight.

On 3/31/2017 at 0:25 PM, hazzgar said:

I get it that lower MM weight helps but on other reduced MM weight meds I really feel like I'm doing more. On the Panther not really? I'm strangely consistent in it doing not bad not great amounts of damage while for example in the t44 I feel like I carry way more than just pulling my weight.

You have simply a mediocre tank, panther 2 - but a consistent performer.  T-44 is a win/lose scenario. bad bloom, average dpm, meh pen (even gold) and reliance on camo/flanking in this meta means you will have some awful games where you can carry a lot, but then you will be useless for a lot more.

1500 hp means a lot, and you also get tank that is not a RNG slot machine when it comes down to module dmg. trading shots can be made with some degree of safety in not being crippled from a single shot back. Also sidescrape, and (now) better pen on all shells.

Kill 1-2 tier 7 tanks and nibble a bit from a tier 8 and you have done your job in Panther 2. if you manage to simply help your team in attrition battles, even better.

51 minutes ago, Felicius said:

You have simply a mediocre tank, panther 2 - but a consistent performer.  T-44 is a win/lose scenario. bad bloom, average dpm, meh pen (even gold) and reliance on camo/flanking in this meta means you will have some awful games where you can carry a lot, but then you will be useless for a lot more.

1500 hp means a lot, and you also get tank that is not a RNG slot machine when it comes down to module dmg. trading shots can be made with some degree of safety in not being crippled from a single shot back. Also sidescrape, and (now) better pen on all shells.

Kill 1-2 tier 7 tanks and nibble a bit from a tier 8 and you have done your job in Panther 2. if you manage to simply help your team in attrition battles, even better.

I'd agree but my DPG is shit. Don't remember the number but I'm on like 70% moe, maybe a bit more despite nearly finishing my grind

Though yeah you are right. It's just a frustrating tank. Not as frustrating as the TVP VTU since that one has all the panther problems without reliability, armor and what feels like a worse gun

The E-50 is a frigging beast.*

*if you like punching people in the dick with a 1500ms rail gun for 400 damage every 8 seconds.

i know I do.

On 1/7/2018 at 8:16 PM, Archaic_One said:

Man I hope the E50 is worth this . . .

It is more than worth the slogging you have to go through to get to it. And in all honesty, if I had to choose only one tier 9 to keep it would be this one.