Belenas

Collection Of Guides, Tips, and Helpful Links

28 posts in this topic

Repost from WoT Forums

As an attempt to make it easier to find information on this website I am making a list of guides. None of these are written by me, and this is by no means all the guides out there. Just a small attempt at some organization for myself and other newer players like myself. If you know of a great guide that is not listed here please feel free to reply and it will be read and included.

World Of Tanks Written Guides:

General Guides:

Tank and Class Specific Guides:

Heavy Guides:

Medium Guides:

Light Guides:

Tank Destroyer Guides:

Self Propelled Gun Guides:

Strategy Guides:

Other Helpful Links:

Video Guides:

I will also ask that you keep this list updated as often as possible.

Can we get a mod and pin this thread? Many thanks.

Very good post of links. And I second the motion to get this pinned, as long as OP can keep it continually updated (will you also add in guides from these forums as well, and change the links from the WOT forums to this one as the guides eventually migrate to these forums?)

*Reported to get pinned*

Pinned

For requests like this, please PM a mod. The report function is for rule violations only.

Pinned

For requests like this, please PM a mod. The report function is for rule violations only.

roger!  :thumbup:

btw, we need a "salute" emoticon...

Yes, I'll update it as I find find new guides. I have seen alot of new ones as this forum has come up so I'll start adding those in as well. I Have been updating this thread on the wot forums since around january whenever I manage to find something that is a good read. Thanks for the links hibachi will update later tonight when I have the time.

Yes, I'll update it as I find find new guides. I have seen alot of new ones as this forum has come up so I'll start adding those in as well. I Have been updating this thread on the wot forums since around january whenever I manage to find something that is a good read. Thanks for the links hibachi will update later tonight when I have the time.

This is my guide from 2012. I cleaned it up. Very helpful for those (cough Navysnipers cough) that have not-so-good computers.

Original post updated to include all requested additions. Been a busy few days for me so I will add more possibly this weekend when I have some free time to absorb some new information and search for good guides. Considering adding a Per player section as the general guides section is getting rather large and the list is becoming a bit of a "You have been crit by a wall of text" format. Many of the guides are written by a few well known players. For example splitting off Lert, Navysnipers, and Garbads guides into there own section would leave the general section with maybe 5-8 guides in it as opposed to the initial wall of text you see now. Also might give players the impression, hey read these first as they are by really good players.

Thoughts or suggestions welcome, as always if you find a good read please let me know so I can absorb its knowledge and include it here for others.

Original post updated to include all requested additions. Been a busy few days for me so I will add more possibly this weekend when I have some free time to absorb some new information and search for good guides. Considering adding a Per player section as the general guides section is getting rather large and the list is becoming a bit of a "You have been crit by a wall of text" format. Many of the guides are written by a few well known players. For example splitting off Lert, Navysnipers, and Garbads guides into there own section would leave the general section with maybe 5-8 guides in it as opposed to the initial wall of text you see now. Also might give players the impression, hey read these first as they are by really good players.

Thoughts or suggestions welcome, as always if you find a good read please let me know so I can absorb its knowledge and include it here for others.

Might want to take millbarge's videos off the list, his videos are all private now

ewwww I feel so dirty. I see my very old guide on arty. I can't believe I used to be a clicker.

I also see a very old light tank guide with replays that won't work. ahh my first guide to awesomeness.

ewwww I feel so dirty. I see my very old guide on arty. I can't believe I used to be a clicker.

I also see a very old light tank guide with replays that won't work. ahh my first guide to awesomeness.

There is still good information there even without the replays tho :thumbup:

Might want to take millbarge's videos off the list, his videos are all private now

Fixed, Thank you for the heads up

Thanks for the links, I guess it's time to start reading!

So I made this powerpoint presentation on how to recognize tanks and where to shoot them. It's aimed towards newer players, with maybe a couple of elements of information here and there that would be useful to more experienced players.

I like that guide peaches, good advice and general armour 

Though it isn't specifically about tanks, Boyd's, Patterns of Conflict, would be a good addition, especially if Art of War is up there.

Been a long while since I have seen this thread, honestly am surprised it still lives. I have to admit seeing it in it's current state is shameful. So many outdated or dead links now, I'll spend some time in the next few days to go over the list and do some link weeding, and try to find some new material to refill. If anyone has wanted or would like something changed or added I am currently listening and paying attention to any and all feedback. It's a long list so I expect it will take a few days to complete.

I get asked occasionally why I do not include more from wotlabs, but this list is actually pre-wotlabs. I reposted in the early days to try help add content, the community has filled this place with so much content since then I could not begin to list them all, and why bother just use search. That said I expect I will be adding several wotlabs links as there is just no better ones available these days. 

Finally Thank you to the mods for not throwing this in the bin like WG did even tho I have sorely neglected it for ages. It is kind of funny reading some of the outdated ones now, T49 as best tier 5 td guide *single tear*...RIP

Been a long while since I have seen this thread, honestly am surprised it still lives. I have to admit seeing it in it's current state is shameful. So many outdated or dead links now, I'll spend some time in the next few days to go over the list and do some link weeding, and try to find some new material to refill. If anyone has wanted or would like something changed or added I am currently listening and paying attention to any and all feedback. It's a long list so I expect it will take a few days to complete.

I get asked occasionally why I do not include more from wotlabs, but this list is actually pre-wotlabs. I reposted in the early days to try help add content, the community has filled this place with so much content since then I could not begin to list them all, and why bother just use search. That said I expect I will be adding several wotlabs links as there is just no better ones available these days. 

Finally Thank you to the mods for not throwing this in the bin like WG did even tho I have sorely neglected it for ages. It is kind of funny reading some of the outdated ones now, T49 as best tier 5 td guide *single tear*...RIP

Nice work.

thanks for this, trying desperately not to be bad at this game, long road ahead lol

Anyone got some new guides as these are all quite old?

6 minutes ago, UTommieTanka said:

Anyone got some new guides as these are all quite old?

Core mechanics are still the same. Individual tanks have changed and the vision meta went down the drain but most of the info in those guides are still as applicable as ever.