Rexxie

Rex & Ziddy's CoC - A Lewd New Years

4,207 posts in this topic

Yeah, I've also started playing again after not playing since last March. I don't hate playing low tiers like I used to, and a lot of it I find is because of how badly they've fucked up tier 8+, especially tier 10. It'll only get worse with the 9.22 Russian tank additions

Impressions from the 1.0 test server:

• Incredibly beautiful update. You're going to be blown away if you haven't played it yet. The new forest garage is a breath of fresh air, too. The only new visual that annoys me is the grainy anti-aliasing - 1.0 has far more detailed and small textures/models, especially on foliage, and the anti-aliasing gets a bit spoiled when the camera is moving. This should be less of a problem on larger monitors, but it's certainly noticeable at 1920x1080.

• ...but a very buggy one. Almost everything is just visual/audio bugs, but there's a lot of them. Flickering shadows, silently receiving damage, ceaseless reload noise etc. There's a lot of this kind of stuff wargaming has to burn through before release date. I wouldn't be too surprised if the planned march release is held back until april or even may, just going by what still needs to be done.

• From my experience, ranged combat/camo abuse is coming back in a smol way. Some maps have been flattened out, which allows longer sight & engagement ranges. TDs in particular will be (even) more popular. We're still well within corridor territory, but you can do something other than brawl a bit more often now.

• ...but the actual map design of some of these reworked maps is still WG-tier, so that "something other than brawl" will be camp, especially for pubbies. As usual the best spots are still ten seconds from spawn. It's really a mixed bag. I like longer engagement ranges and I think unicums will do better because of them, but I've got my doubts if the gameplay has actually been improved. We'll have to see.

Until WG addresses T8 & T10 balance and the failure of the new template-based MM, I'm not going be too excited for the future of the game. With that said, I'm happy 1.0 is at least an improvement over live. All too often WoT patches end up being one step forward and two steps back.

it took a bit to realize that i had been losing hp at some points because of buggy hit registry but the graphics over haul sure looks nice.

I also quite like the new scores 

On 2/16/2018 at 6:44 AM, Rexxie said:

TDs in particular will be (even) more popular.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO