Rexxie

Rex & Ziddy's CoC - A Lewd New Years

4,216 posts in this topic

Having reviewed 4 of Rex's replays last night I realized how terribly clunky my mechanical control and impatient my shot selection is in my high alpha tanks. 

Things Rex does superlatively:

Camera control to see precisely where his tank is relative to cover

Being very patient in exposure, showing only good armor

Making -4 depression work even on hill areas

Relocating when he can't make -4 work

Aiming only as long as needed

Hitting weak points even on the E series tanks, without resorting to prem ammo

Level some trees like a motherfucking manly sexy lumberjack

I suggest everyone watch those 4 113 replays, and see the skills on display. It was a good insight on me on how to play this type of HT, and how much more work I need to do on my own ability to control the camera and my armor exposure. 

Rex, do you have an T110E5 replays you might share? I'd be curious to see how your style changes with a highly different armor layout and turret weakspot. 

YOU are clunky and impatient?

I'm doomed.

YOU are clunky and impatient?

I'm doomed.

I think its more about the differentiation of styles. Rex, to my opinion, is really quite good with high alpha and armored  tanks. I've carved my niche in the LT and soft medium style, of using mobility, flanking and faster aim-times to get shots off. But seeing Rex go toe-to-toe with multiple tier 10 TDs or an E-100 was an eye opener in how you can make a HT work against those tanks. In sometimes like the E5, I know I can just stay @ range or use aim-time advantages to get shots off on the TDs faster. But Rex has a lot of experience in high alpha TDs, and thus appears to be able counter them using some more subtle maneuvers than just "stay away and hope for the best". I see a hole in my gameplay, a weakness, and I think its good for the forum to see what Rex does well, and hopefully also my approach to how I can improve my own abilities. 

But since I identify that the 113(and all RU high tier HTs) have armor layouts that differ from the USA layout, I am curious for a contrast. Still, many of the techniques used by Rex in those 113 replays could be used in a T-62A, which has a nice uniform 240mm turret. But the T-62A would have trouble because it only hits 320 per exposure as opposed to 440, and even though Rex shows excellent ability to send 2 for 1 (440x2 = 880) into slower reloading guns, in the same 8 second window or so the T-62A would still only get 320x2 = 640. This is sort of what I think he means when he talks about the "effective dpm" of the 113 and the other China HTs. You rarely have your gun on a target for a full 30 seconds or so, so there are breakpoints at which alpha is superior to raw DPM. 

Hmm, where are these replays? I should watch them. I do decently well in my E-100 (yesterday I beat down an E4, E3, FV 183, ST-I and Tortoise in my E-100 with only a pubbie T30 and E-75 for support). But I'm relatively ineffective in my 268 and I've lost the loving feeling on my E-75. OTOH, playing with Crab has honed my Russki MT skills in particular.

Rexxie very nice 113 replays! I am wondering why did you not take a cupola shot on the je100 instead of trying for side? Is the 113 gun kinda trolly to pull off cupola shots?

Do precam and I make a cute couple?

Which one is the top? ;p

How adorable is Oxmathus?

At least 9 adorables.

Do you have anything against Bulbasaurs?

Everybody knows Bulbasaur is the best starter Pokemon.

omg lol you guys made me blush sohard

Hmm, where are these replays? I should watch them. ... OTOH, playing with Crab has honed my Russki MT skills in particular.

Someone requested some 113 replays, here's a handful. The two with sela and ziddy in them you might have seen if you watched the stream, the other two are solopubs.

5266f353eaa0d42068010000.jpg

5266f3c4eaa0d41a55010000.jpg

5266f464eaa0d4218b010000.jpg

5266f4ceeaa0d42199010000.jpg

The T-62A and tanks like it have always been fairly hard for me to use. They require a specific sort of situation to get the gun on par with the other T10s, and it's not a situation I'm very good at creating. Hopefully I learn how to do it someday, because as it turns out this kind of playstyle is really useful for a lot of tanks! You two will have to show me how to be less of a scrubbie pubbie someday D:

Rex, do you have an T110E5 replays you might share? I'd be curious to see how your style changes with a highly different armor layout and turret weakspot. 

Not offhand; my E5 has been de-geared for a while in favor of the T57 (which hasn't gotten much attention either). I can certainly pull it back out for some replays today, but it'll take a bit.

Rexxie very nice 113 replays! I am wondering why did you not take a cupola shot on the je100 instead of trying for side? Is the 113 gun kinda trolly to pull off cupola shots?

Was that on El Hallouf? I probably just screwed up, the cupola might have been an easier target.

The T-62A and tanks like it have always been fairly hard for me to use. They require a specific sort of situation to get the gun on par with the other T10s, and it's not a situation I'm very good at creating. Hopefully I learn how to do it someday, because as it turns out this kind of playstyle is really useful for a lot of tanks! You two will have to show me how to be less of a scrubbie pubbie someday D:

This is kinda what I mean though, your style is WILDLY different from the 'natural' T-62A style, which is very much the style I favor (although the Obj 140, Bat and Leo1 all do it better). I can identify, relocate to, and take advantage of those situations in just about any tank that goes 50kph.

But then you go and create these interesting situations in your 113. Let me rephrase this in another way. In every nearly single instance of all 4 replays, you were doing stuff that is ENTIRELY foreign to me. I was just watching, trying to even understand the choices you were making. Normally when I do this, its because I am watching some replay of a baddie who got lucky that I grabbed off wotreplays because it had high base XP or was in a tank I want to research. But...you are a 2400 WN7 player...and I wan't disagreeing with your positional choices...just entirely out of my understanding/experience/depth. 

edit: Don't break out the E5 on my account. Although I'd be curious to see what you do in it, looking over your last 6 weeks of tanks, I think I'd find the 50 100, T30 and IS-6 more interesting. 

Do precam and I my sister make a cute couple?

Jus'sayin, I'd totes tap dat

what is the best course of action for a dude who has a 62A/Obj 140 researched, and also needs to buy back the IS-4/IS-7, and is staring at the 120k credits in his garage?

Jus'sayin, I'd totes tap dat

what is the best course of action for a dude who has a 62A/Obj 140 researched, and also needs to buy back the IS-4/IS-7, and is staring at the 120k credits in his garage?

For the sake of keeping this on topic.

I'd say you should take out the Type/IS-6/FCM/KV-5 and start credit grinding. Selling tanks you don't play anymore can always help a lot too.

Also, something I did yesterday because I'd forgotten for a very long time. Sell your spare modules/shells you don't have need for anymore. Found 2M credits worth of useless ammo and modules in my garage.

ok, to rephrase the question, since I don't think it was clear-

in what order should i purchase the 4, assuming i eventually get the credits together some time before half life 3 is released?

Ah. Get the 140! It's a superior version of the T-62A. Aside from that, I suppose T-62A before the others, but the IS-4 and IS-7 have little use in clan wars anymore. And to be honest, I just don't see the fun in playing them in pubs.

I was asked to post a couple replays of my playstyle, so I'll toss a random selection from the games I ran with Rex and Sela last night.

If you want to both play well and have a notoriously bad survival rate, take note!

52689007eaa0d420e9030000.jpg

5268906aeaa0d41d21010000.jpg

52689145eaa0d4215b020000.jpg

5268906deaa0d4215b010000.jpg

Disclaimer: I am a terrible unicum.

omg how did I not know about this thread

hi ziddy hi rexxie im your biggest fan. on a scale of slightly terrible to extremly pubby terrible how terrible am i

thx ^_^

omg how did I not know about this thread

hi ziddy hi rexxie im your biggest fan. on a scale of slightly terrible to extremly pubby terrible how terrible am i

thx ^_^

4!

so ziddy, how do you "recruit" people to PBKAC? requirement and such 

is not like i want to join PBKAC, heck even if i want to i probably won't get in >_<