Fire70

Showcase of Cent is a constipated rat..... tosser

31,070 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Manic_Wombat said:

On Whirlpool I saw that Aussiebroadband was getting good reviews. They aren't cheap but apparently they do buy enough CVC, and don't demand contacts longer than a month.

Would switch if it were anywhere close to what we pay. Unfortunately we pay around $50 and a comparable speed plan would cost us over $100 per month. Comparable as in what we actually get, not what we are supposed to get. 

sqhpkmdagkoz.png

bahahahahaha

12 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

They sure fucking do. They just can't make the same amount of profits they are used to with the bullshit CVC pricing the NBN has. It costs over $100 in CVC alone per household for 100/40

Strange, I'm paying $109 for 100/40 on NBN FTTH so I can't believe Telstra is only making $9 on top.

12 hours ago, Ezz said:

NBN co best co.

Ticket got closed with them saying they had done all that they could. They said to keep monitoring. When i noted that i had been already and it hadn't improved they said that it can take a couple weeks. Right... because CVC takes time to grow? To ripen? Sigh.

Guessing it will come down to a conversation over whether good latency is part of the service they provide and hence whether i have grounds to break contract. Not being able to play during prime time is going to be a pain.

Who's your ISP?  Earlier this year I was getting only 19Mbps so got Telstra on the phone and after some mumbo jumbo it magically went back up to normal at about 95Mbps.  They admitted during the process that they would only take action if the performance dropped below 50% of the promised level.  Latency is not mentioned on their PDS, so I guess they would investigate and have their own incident management on overloaded nodes, but there is no end to end performance promise anywhere in sight for consumer accounts.

5 hours ago, wasaabi_SEA said:

Strange, I'm paying $109 for 100/40 on NBN FTTH so I can't believe Telstra is only making $9 on top.

They aren't. You're sharing CVC with other people in your area.

All the major ISPs admitted that they felt that NBN's CVC charges were too high and they were only paying/buying enough CVC (capacity) for 1% of their customer base* . 

They blamed their customers/the NBN, claiming customers only want cheap prices and aren't prepared to pay enough for every customer to have 100% capacity 100% of the time.

*NBN charges 2 fees, an access charge (CVA) and a bandwidth or capacity charge (CVC). So if you are with a major ISP and 100% of their customers are online each gets 1% of their "plan". 50% online get 2% each, 1% online and you get 100% (say at 2am).

That's why your only hope is to pay a high price with a small ISP.

That seems about right, they would absolutely apply a concurrency factor to what they purchase which by rights should be averaged to the 95th percentile, but that is not likely to be anywhere near 1%.  The retail business is so different to the commercial business.   What this has ended up like is almost identical to HFC, which is a shared bandwidth model at the local level.

The NBN's CVC charges are a rort but i guess they need to recoup something when they inevitably dig everything back up again to lay some proper fucking fibre. 

Hearing about NBNCO pulling up copper and replacing it with millions worth of new copper is just.... There aren't enough words to describe it. Don't know how they have gotten away with this blatant corruption but they have somehow. Here's hoping we get a federal ICAC before the old fuckwads die. 

I got the Chinese prem TD.  It's generally pretty good except for three things:

1. Gun accuracy / aim time.  Cuz China.  You can pull off shots at range but don't rely on it.
  2. When top tier your allies will have no fucking idea.
  3. Gun accuracy / aim time.

I have two games in it.  Averaging 2700 damage. Perfectly balanced.

3 hours ago, Siggy said:

I have two games in it.  Averaging 2700 damage. Perfectly balanced.

Well - when it hits. I've had some pretty awful games, hit ratio wise I was around 53%.  

I just aced it on Swamp - 4748 Dmg, 5 Kills, 1505 XP (12 pens).  The trick seems to be managing engagement distance - too far and you won't hit much.  Being close-up is just managing the usual dangers.

And now to name and shame some of the servers finest shitters...

This guy sat in the same spot all game - Prok north spawn, mid way between the rail and hill, behind that shack just by the river.

MMdJuqi.png

And today I had 2 these two E100's within 2 games of each other...

SLmHtCF.png

h5ZzChX.png

Had some absolute face rolling morons in Ranked yesterday.

This looks like a bought account

signature.png

Urgh, took the WZ-131G FT out and only got a first class  :-(

Unsure if I should play it again

That's special.

I ACEd it twice, once on a loss and once on a win.  I've kept it and at some stage I'll put a crew back in it.  Quite like the mobility and the DPM is much more user friendly than the Breadvan.

Also.  That LIFE vs AKASHA thread.  How the fuck is that just a warning from the clan?

16 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Also.  That LIFE vs AKASHA thread.  How the fuck is that just a warning from the clan?

Which thread?  In CRD?  Had a quick scan didn't see it.

25 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Its rainbowassassin, the kid can't fucking manage a lego set with visual instructions. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/76128-so-much-love-from-new-life-members/page__st__40

Currently been hi-jacked by namewasstolen... telling us he's a light tank player as he does in every thread he posts.

Damn, misread my calendar, I just turned up at 2pm for a 2:30pm appointment.

played 9 games at lunchtime, won 8. Lol

Wait. Rainbow assassin is in LIFE? What happened to TIM?

It's sad to see he still has no ability to communicate in a mature way though.

He tried to justify the racial sperg "because what would you do if your Desthstar was camping behind a wall not taking shots" and then the screenshots show that rather than "camping", the DS is sitting in the almost dead centre of the map!!! And was second highest for damage.

If that's the new definition of camping then what an improvement!

Content WG economising.

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/ranked-battles-increased-chances/

So for those who have sat all this RB out. Is this basically WG realising that their wonderful new game mode isn't as popular as they wanted it to be?

38 minutes ago, Manic_Wombat said:

Wait. Rainbow assassin is in LIFE? What happened to TIM?

It's sad to see he still has no ability to communicate in a mature way though.

He tried to justify the racial sperg "because what would you do if your Desthstar was camping behind a wall not taking shots" and then the screenshots show that rather than "camping", the DS is sitting in the almost dead centre of the map!!! And was second highest for damage.

If that's the new definition of camping then what an improvement!

TIM is LIFE. Renamed. 

36 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Content WG economising.

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/ranked-battles-increased-chances/

So for those who have sat all this RB out. Is this basically WG realising that their wonderful new game mode isn't as popular as they wanted it to be?

Always seems to be plenty of players bashing around in it.  Wait times generally under 30 seconds.