Fire70

Showcase of IT'S TWENTY SEVENTEEN; Canadians are cunts

28,509 posts in this topic

Doto is back. :x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw people talking in chat about it, but i didnt see him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ignore doto and don't bring him up in this thread, he thrived on the attention last time and it made everything so much fucking worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no, Hopey has lashed out at Storm with a neg rep. What ever will he do?

3 hours ago, Storm said:

Just ignore doto and don't bring him up in this thread, he thrived on the attention last time and it made everything so much fucking worse.

In B 4 boto becomes DETOX's latest recruit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how many different words can you make out of the letters d e h o o o p t?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/07/2017 at 9:01 AM, karl0ssus1 said:

 

You blokes have some weird rules. For a nation of immigrants, the idea that dual citizens cant hold office is a bit fwarken odd.

It's not odd at all.  Ask yourself how you would feel if an MP was found to be an undisclosed secret citizen of say, Russia? Or China or Iran or Libya?

The rule is simple, clear and sensible because we can't risk having law makers  being potentially loyal to a foreign power.  ANY foreign power. Friendly or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if they give up their dual citizenship and keep their aussie one they can rule forever? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think equating citizenship to allegiance is flawed: There's a long list of people who have sold out their countries to foreign powers; and I think it also risks oversimplifying the whole concept.  

true, members of parliament shouldn't be under the influence of a foreign power, but I suspect a more immediate risk is simply trust in general.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saffee said:

So if they give up their dual citizenship and keep their aussie one they can rule forever? 

They needed to give up their dual citizenship before running in the election iirc.

1 hour ago, AdrianK said:

I think equating citizenship to allegiance is flawed

Not necessarily. Its only flawed if the debate about being under the influence of a foreign power being solely on having a dual citizenship or not, which it isn't and hopefully won't be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Manic_Wombat said:

It's not odd at all.  Ask yourself how you would feel if an MP was found to be an undisclosed secret citizen of say, Russia? Or China or Iran or Libya?

The rule is simple, clear and sensible because we can't risk having law makers  being potentially loyal to a foreign power.  ANY foreign power. Friendly or not.

 

5 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

They needed to give up their dual citizenship before running in the election iirc.

Not necessarily. Its only flawed if the debate about being under the influence of a foreign power being solely on having a dual citizenship or not, which it isn't and hopefully won't be. 

So i have now given up my swedish passport

I am no more spai

I promise. 

World has changes, seems like a pretty pointless rule unless they do something along the line of what the US has,

have to be born as a US citizen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Saffee said:

have to be born as a US citizen? 

IIRC, thats only the President. 

And yeah... Its a bit silly. If holding a second passport invalidates you, but being a non-natural citizen doesnt, then Manics logic doesnt really hold up. How is one in any significant way different to the other when it comes to potential mixed allegiance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering how many Australian politicians are basically puppets for the mining industry it does seem amusing that you would be concerned about a potential vague loyalty to another nation.

I mean loyalty to another nation or at least a significant lobby is an instant spot in the higher ranks of US politics these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

meh politics

the worst politicians are still better than wg:feelsbad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Siggy said:

Considering how many Australian politicians are basically puppets for the mining industry it does seem amusing that you would be concerned about a potential vague loyalty to another nation.

I mean loyalty to another nation or at least a significant lobby is an instant spot in the higher ranks of US politics these days.

Hey, guess what? The mainstream media has finally caught on that the current NBN is a piece of shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only someone wanted to kill politics or some such *cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh...so that's what your ign means. :x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Hey, guess what? The mainstream media has finally caught on that the current NBN is a piece of shit. 

But but, the politishuns said it would be ace!

I was getting 250ms ping last night.... at the first hop after leaving the premises. Literally one hop and then this shitty expensive thing they dug up the street for is overloaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My ping was jumping around like a Hopey after seeing JOC post.

50ms one second then 180ms the next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had probably the worst weekend of playing tanks i've ever experienced.

I hate the game with a passion. Simply because it was once good and had great potential.

To play with the crap that it has been "developed" into just makes me sad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've pretty much stopped playing, seeing if some enthusiasm comes back at some point.

Been playing Warthunder tanks instead and not really caring too much about how well I do #Play4Fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I can bring myself to test the ping from Scotland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, JOC469 said:

Not sure I can bring myself to test the ping from Scotland.

lemme guess? its still better than aus bc our internet is so crap

Edit... btw this took about 15 seconds to upload on a good day :(

Edited by garryallen
dammit internet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its fine. Not outdated before it rolled out at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Naming and Shaming myself for playing arty.... now I never have to again unless they re introduce new missions

 

19oYYCq.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol Stewie, 1000 spotting damage, nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.