Fire70

Showcase of IT'S TWENTY SEVENTEEN; Canadians are cunts

28,929 posts in this topic

What about the emotional well being of donkeys?

3 hours ago, Siggy said:

Likewise - Hellvn = Confirmed Viet Spai.

Du Ma dhieu ngu như chó

Civ 5 update – its 1950 and I have the Assyrians, Germans, Russians, Netherlands and America still to conquer.  The Assyrians will fall within 2-3 turns, and the Netherlands within another 5.  Russia potentially another 5 turns after that.

However, my unhappiness is starting to creep up again due to annexing cities…

15 hours ago, stewiejp said:

LOL - believe it or not I get that a bit with the jp - nobody believe's it's just my initials... 

Like Sarah Jessica Parker?

1 hour ago, Hellvn said:

Du Ma dhieu ngu như chó

Civ 5 update – its 1950 and I have the Assyrians, Germans, Russians, Netherlands and America still to conquer.  The Assyrians will fall within 2-3 turns, and the Netherlands within another 5.  Russia potentially another 5 turns after that.

I think the Civ5 stuff makes even less sense than the FO4 chat

2 hours ago, Manic_Wombat said:

What about the emotional well being of donkeys?

2 minutes ago, JOC469 said:

Like Sarah Jessica Parker?

1 hour ago, Hellvn said:

Du Ma dhieu ngu như chó

I got rekt by Brazil who were halfway through the atomic era while I was lingering at the beginning of the modern era. My poor artillery wasn't a match for his damn everything. 

My Egyptian allies wouldn't fucking bring anything in the war effort even though I strategically got a defence pact agreement with them. I could continue on since i conquered most of Sweden but there was no point :(

I remember losing against AI once. I almost threw my apple IIe out the window. External 40mb HDD and all!

31 minutes ago, JOC469 said:

I think the Civ5 stuff makes even less sense than the FO4 chat

I was going to try to bring HoI4 into the mix. Too many games of civ 5 has helped subdue that desire.

36 minutes ago, Ezz said:

I remember losing against AI once. I almost threw my apple IIe out the window. External 40mb HDD and all!

The win conditions are pretty bare. Its like domination and something else so i could probably claw my way back but i just can't be bothered lol.

in other news

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-08/curious-adelaide-south-australia-beer-glass-sizes/8874960?pfmredir=sm

Also this looks cool

7 hours ago, Politx_Killer said:

No ping pong shows?

Still have another week, so I'm getting there :P

Just need to recover a bit from the concussion before going out drinking again. 

Was that involved in the first concussion?

Great work WG Asia; bring out a new Chinese TD line, and what do you put in the premium shop? A new Russian MT. don't we have enough of those? I'm slightly surprised it's not a double pack with a German TD, god know those are in short supply.

To be fair they haven't released a russian med prem since after they shifted to P2W, so there was a vacancy. And at least it wasn't a russian heavy.

I tried the game out with that outfox ping wizardry. 

~400ms ping with rubber banding was fun.

It let me watch 3 heavies go beach on overlord though and get held up by 1 TD. 

Speaking of ping... logged a ticket with TPG mentioning nbn congestion on fri - sun nights. They say upgrade occurred on monday. Congestion issue now apparent on Wednesday night too. Huzzah! Did finally locate a new gpu tho so might see how that wild hunt is going.

TPG did a congestion upgrade?

"Now with even more congestion!"

What GPU did you get - 1070?

New game in CIV 5, playing as the mighty british empire on a large islands map because BRITANNIA RULES THE SEAS. ahem. 

Did my own thing to begin with. Stayed passive, but then the Ottomans kept annoying me. Then they denounced me for some reason so i did the honourable thing and denounced them. Morocco wasn't happy but meh. Declared war on them after building a few Privateers and many ship of the lines. Kept taking over his Galleasses and turning them into Ship of the Lines which was amusing. Even got a Frigate which made me sad because I wanted to promote it into a Ship of the Line. Anyway while I was amassing my forces around Istanbul, Greece tried to launch a sneak attack, but my lovely German allies warned me of there incoming forces, so I build a few more Ship of the Lines and Privateers and diverted a couple ships back to London to face the Greek Navy force. 

That Navy force ended up getting hunted down and destroyed before it got got past the first tile of my territory. RIP. My bait Caravel did its job and managed to run away. Only lost 1 Privateer to his 4 along with a few Caravels and troops. RIP. He tried to negotiate Peace. Haha fuck you. Took over Istanbul as well while this was happening with my other force and moved them around to take of his next City. After that, negotiated a very favourable peace treaty (all the golds are mine) and went to take Greece over.

Took 2 cities and negotiate peace which got me many golds and about 6 more cities which I razed 2 because they were 1 tile islands... 

Now I'm at war with the Iroquois, the Ottomans again and Morocco because they don't like me. Ignoring the tiny ass Ottomans and Morocco empires and instead targeting the Iroquois because the fuckers keep wiping my religious control over Austria. 

I only declared war once... 

8 hours ago, Ezz said:

Yep. It's ultra time!

Ultra on 1440 too if you want.

i recently sold my 6 month old RX480 4gb on eBay because it constantly have me problems. Bought it for $320 at the time and sold it for $355.  Got a new 1060 6gb for $360.

So ultra, got on the whiskeys, decided 350ms ping was all good... only 1100 raw. Klaus is fun tho. He's almost more fun than the real thing.

15 hours ago, Hellvn said:

Ultra on 1440 too if you want.

i recently sold my 6 month old RX480 4gb on eBay because it constantly have me problems. Bought it for $320 at the time and sold it for $355.  Got a new 1060 6gb for $360.

Apparently the AMD cards are good for cryptocoin mining. Ive had a few people tell me to flog off my 8GB 480, and get a 1060 or 1070. 

27 minutes ago, karl0ssus1 said:

Apparently the AMD cards are good for cryptocoin mining. Ive had a few people tell me to flog off my 8GB 480, and get a 1060 or 1070. 

Yeah, it you want to switch over for whatever reason then do it now whilst Radeon cards are in demand.

I still thought the 1070 had the best cost/watt performance.

Anyway gpu prices are still too expensive for me atm. Soon^tm

17 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

I still thought the 1070 had the best cost/watt performance.

Anyway gpu prices are still too expensive for me atm. Soon^tm

2nd hand 960 going cheap if you want one...

Looking at getting a 1070 :P

Anyway, in CIV, took over the Iroquois's capitol and 2nd largest city. Negotiated peace for 2 cities. Morocco and The Ottomans gave me free cities as well for peace even though I never got around to attacking them and wan't really going to. 

Was asked to go to war with Greece again, so why not and took Athens. Negotiated peace for another 2 cities. My long term ally Austria just backstabbed me and is competing over a couple of my City State allies which is annoying me. Also they chose Autocracy while i chose Order. My happiness is through the roof. Its a shame Freedom absolutely sucks for keeping Happiness up.