Fire70

Showcase of IT'S TWENTY SEVENTEEN; Canadians are cunts

29,313 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ezz said:

It was unclear if the dude knew arty existed nor its impact on 'hr' as he kept referring to it. Funnily in the one tank the dude owned, he had a worse hr than me. His response was then to say anyone in the 50-60% wr bracket was a nub and that good players have 85% hr.

fk. i thought you had to have 85% survival rate to be 'gud'

So what is going on with this platoon cock-up?

Follow up questions:

1, How fucking horrid is their test team that it has let something like this into prod?

2, How has it not been fixed under urgency?

3, How shit is WG asia staff handling of it.  Surely you front foot it.  Announce the issue, announce an escalation to the dev team set up a pinned thread for updates on the forums to concentrate all the whining in one place.

The basics of a service industry seem beyond them.

After a quick chat to tan it sounds like a standard internal screw up exacerbated by time zone challenges. But apparently some goodies in store to be announced early next week at least.

The patch probably works on servers with multiple instances - RU/EU - and failed on ours. We started saying in gen chat it was to activate global server roaming.

Gen chat became the game last night with no clan wars, skirmishes, platoons, and tourneys may have been borked too.

Suggestion was made to add a new news story when you opened the client to announce the issue, but I have no idea how easy that is to implement.

Manic.  They had a patch dropped on them at no notice and it's fucked platooning and anything team related.

As JOC said we just trolled Gen chat for the evening with an occasional solo game.  I ran at 70%... and 600 WN8.  Sigh.

Some of the other tin foil hatters being spruiked was:

PYRO took first place in the tier8 clan wars season, so it could have been a hack from PVP to stop us amassing any more FP.

A new pref MM algorithm for PYRO which would also allow 5 man PYRO platoons (only) was uploaded and crashed the platoon interface.

The tinfoil hattery on their before we even started was very impressive.

Also. Agingtanker...  fml.

It's like the lowest point of tilt mentality is his standard approach to tanking.

32 minutes ago, Siggy said:

The tinfoil hattery on their before we even started was very impressive.

Also. Agingtanker...  fml.

Agingtanker huh? *checks official forums, ohhhhhhhhhh!

Lol @bolagnaise http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/profile/14926-bolagnaise/&status=81205&type=status

Also - I am very crap at the 113.  I have occasional good games where I think "ok I can do this" but I'm way to inconsistent.

Anyone got any advice (or links to good advice?  I readily acknowledge my poor performance is me in general - not just specifics related to #113, #Tier-X

Mine doesn't have equipment so isn't played.  The one game I did play I had 2.2k damage and full health before I fucked up and got rinsed in seconds flat.

Frankly I've been mostly very happy with MM since the new tier restrictions.  Naturally, It still doesn't take into account player skill.  My main gripe is that when playing 8's you'll more often than not get 10's.  

It still doesn't take into account vehicle types vs map type, but that seems to be a fix they are intending.

Also, just played 8 games in the 113 - only won 3/8; but on average I did more than my own HP (*just* - 2324 avg dmg, dmg profit of 3941 - which, bearing in mind the 37.5% WR, I thought was pretty freaking awesome, for me).

What I'm doing differently:

1. Loading more dynamic game-play sprem rounds
  2. getting better at being hull down, protecting weak-spots.
  3. getting better at correctly identifying when to be aggressive, and to what extent.

I still feel I'm missing something though.

3 hours ago, Siggy said:

I ran at 70%... and 600 WN8.  Sigh.

Slow_Clap_GIF_Image_for_Whatsapp_and_Fac

41 minutes ago, AdrianK said:

Frankly I've been mostly very happy with MM since the new tier restrictions.  Naturally, It still doesn't take into account player skill.  My main gripe is that when playing 8's you'll more often than not get 10's.  

It still doesn't take into account vehicle types vs map type, but that seems to be a fix they are intending.

Also, just played 8 games in the 113 - only won 3/8; but on average I did more than my own HP (*just* - 2324 avg dmg, dmg profit of 3941 - which, bearing in mind the 37.5% WR, I thought was pretty freaking awesome, for me).

What I'm doing differently:

1. Loading more dynamic game-play sprem rounds
  2. getting better at being hull down, protecting weak-spots.
  3. getting better at correctly identifying when to be aggressive, and to what extent.

I still feel I'm missing something though.

It doesn't take into account vehicle type at all it seems or at least gets too elastic with it too early for low pop SEASIAPAC.

They need to fix the stuff they fucked yesterday first.

1 hour ago, AdrianK said:

My main gripe is that when playing 8's you'll more often than not get 10's.  

And given it's going to be making more 3/5/7 battles instead of one tier battles that will mean more 8s get sucked into tier 10 battles. They will be literally making that aspect worse.

As a side question: when in an 8 facing 10's, is the 3/5/7 MM good or bad on balance - regardless of how often you get put against 10's?

3/5/7 MM is good if you're an 8 facing 10's because:

1. There will never be more than three tier 10 enemies, which is way more manageable than facing 8 or more.

3/5/7 MM is bad if you're an 8 facing 10's because:

1. having a noob tier 10 ally has a bigger impact: 1 noob out of three is whole third of your top tier tanks.

What else?

As a side question: when in an 8 facing 10's, is the 3/5/7 MM good or bad on balance - regardless of how often you get put against 10's?

1. There will never be more than three tier 10 enemies, which is way more manageable than facing 8 or more.

1. having a noob tier 10 ally has a bigger impact: 1 noob out of three is whole third of your top tier tanks.

What else?

T8 speed bumps vs maus?

What else?

The key trade off they don't mention for not having more than 3 tier 10s you face is having to face those 3 tier 10s much more often AND hence hardler ever getting to have that 'i'm a big tanky' feeling of bullying 6s.

"

• Optimized team assembly logic: After some extra tuning, you’ll see more 3/5/7 and 5/10 teams, which should provide for a more enjoyable experience.

"

So all those people loving the enjoyable experience of being a bottom tier have more to look forward to.

No conspiracy theories about Friday the 13th?