Fire70

Showcase of RUSSIAN TANKS ARE BALANS! Also Fuck Siggy

30,334 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Hellvn said:

Speaking of piss, I wonder how @Scrubba was feeling morning?

He had to leave TS to chuck.

Twice.

I was holding up fine at around midnight having sent the missus off to bed, grabbed my water and figured i'd see what was doing on TS. 5 hours and at least that in beers later...

Then came back and carried on playing and drinking.

The only times ping really impacts me is if it hits 300+ when cable sharking coincides with prime time, I start rubberbanding and usually just log off at that point. Or those occasional times when the server throws an epileptic fit and you sit there doing donuts in your tank for 3 mins and then you're dead.

It's laughable but pretty consistent at least. It's not like all of a sudden we'd expect them to be decent. They have a long history after all.

Obama fans BTFO, they won't be able to post their memes on the official forums anymore without [Redacted]

Has anyone had a think aloud or internally as to why an Oceanic server cluster will now be made available.

I can't see any real reason after all this time that WG would suddenly change their mind.

Could it be that Aus/ NZ time based players make up a larger % of the player base than they used to?

Could it be that financially, we are a better long term market?

It just strikes me as strange to suddenly do this given how long the server has been running.

Thoughts?

I reckon they have another use for the environment at some point and this is a way to keep it being used until that (whatever it is) is confirmed when they will use it for that and tanks. 

I'm assuming they just lease hardware in a large cloud environment rather than owning their own set-up.

The hardware is likely the same hardware that was from Korea. They look to be stepping up their operations in Australia so could be just getting that hardware some use as well. 

Damn, T-34-3 buffs?

I'm so happy, it still felt pretty strong when I played last week

Edited by Serene_Potato
two weeks ago

It looks quite sexy.

I had a T8 game today with a T-34-3; the player's PR was about 1000, WR of low 40's, game count very low.

Damage dealt 0.

My WR for the session 2 from 10.

And did you guys know about @Va1heru getting featured by Anfield - TVP 3 mark session?  Awesome

3 hours ago, Damo32(DC1121) said:

Has anyone had a think aloud or internally as to why an Oceanic server cluster will now be made available.

I can't see any real reason after all this time that WG would suddenly change their mind.

Could it be that Aus/ NZ time based players make up a larger % of the player base than they used to?

Could it be that financially, we are a better long term market?

It just strikes me as strange to suddenly do this given how long the server has been running.

Thoughts?

The KR hardware is going to be used for something upcoming, so it makes sense to give it some part time use in the interim. This was planned long before the cable outage, and running a part time periphery provides more upside for WG.

Even if it was opened to full time availability it will have spare resources to use elsewhere.

From gen chat last night

wasaabi (18/10/2017 11:40:26 PM) Chat Ban Issued To Little_Boney Provoking other players to violate the EULA
wasaabi (18/10/2017 11:44:03 PM) Chat Ban Issued To Cadens Ban evasion using an alt account

So you guys reckon they just unplug and pack up the servers in boxes and fly them from Korea to Sydney rather than just using ones that are already there?

4 hours ago, AdrianK said:

I had a T8 game today with a T-34-3; the player's PR was about 1000, WR of low 40's, game count very low.

Damage dealt 0.

My WR for the session 2 from 10.

And did you guys know about @Va1heru getting featured by Anfield - TVP 3 mark session?  Awesome

Old news :trump:

I think my 140 battle is on his channel as well 

9 hours ago, Va1heru said:

Old news :trump:

I think my 140 battle is on his channel as well 

yeah, well, we're sometimes a bit slow getting news out here in the colonies.  But it was noice watching your games while I had my fush n chupps.

21 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

What shit moderating on the official forums. 

Well, y'all didn't stop referring to an individual after being warned.

12 hours ago, JOC469 said:

From gen chat last night

On the other hand, an even better outcome was achieved.

None were direct references and only those who already knew who we were talking about would have been aware. But yeah to be honest, getting the boot into hopey is a bit too easy nowadays. The problem is the rest of the forum scrubs are either in and out and never seen again, or wilt the first time someone points out that they are wrong. We need someone with more conviction in their backwards views.

39 minutes ago, Ezz said:

None were direct references and only those who already knew who we were talking about would have been aware. But yeah to be honest, getting the boot into hopey is a bit too easy nowadays. The problem is the rest of the forum scrubs are either in and out and never seen again, or wilt the first time someone points out that they are wrong. We need someone with more conviction in their backwards views.

Agreed, but that included the protagonist, which is why the sperg on general chat.  Completely predictable I have to say.

Unfortunately most of the backwards views are almost exclusively in general chat, they are too afraid of the forums.

24 minutes ago, AdrianK said:

WoT is up for a 3rd golden joystick award - vote for WoT and we might get some freebie:

http://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/#still-playing

I take it all the multiple posts of this on the forums was your mobile phone going nuts? I cleaned it up for you.