Fire70

Showcase of RUSSIAN TANKS ARE BALANS! Also Fuck Siggy

30,355 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, neokai said:

@AdrianK I think the API has a way to draw best players IGNs for a particular tank at least, then you have to cross reference the tank stats separately by pulling the data using the userID.

I had a look on the developer portal, but could not find.  There was one for finding best players overall, but it's marked as deprecated so not sure if that can be relied on long term.

there's the hall of fame, which does look at specific tanks, and I can query the api that page uses, but it's not intended for public use so.

it the short term I'll do an experiment that pulls 'good' players from the HoF, and maybe other sources, into a list I can manage/serve out to the app.

6 minutes ago, AdrianK said:

I had a look on the developer portal, but could not find.  There was one for finding best players overall, but it's marked as deprecated so not sure if that can be relied on long term.

there's the hall of fame, which does look at specific tanks, and I can query the api that page uses, but it's not intended for public use so.

it the short term I'll do an experiment that pulls 'good' players from the HoF, and maybe other sources, into a list I can manage/serve out to the app.

The pain is more consolidating the various stats for aggregation. Each call is not long, but a batch call of top 300 per tank then an operation to average out the results would literally take hours.

1 hour ago, neokai said:

The pain is more consolidating the various stats for aggregation. Each call is not long, but a batch call of top 300 per tank then an operation to average out the results would literally take hours.

I'm not sure I understand you; once you have the data, computing stuff like averages over a few hundred (for even a few thousand) records, is trivial. 

Got the family down visiting so not had much time by the computer

Adrian, to minimize load I am not sure we need other regions unless its something easy to do as dpgwhores works fine to compare with.

Like val said, tier 8 up and no arty would be fine.

Top 100-300 players would be fine as well.

So you cant really just copy what the guy at dpgwhores has done since he would have done most of the heavy lifting all ready? 

5 minutes ago, Saffee said:

Got the family down visiting so not had much time by the computer

Adrian, to minimize load I am not sure we need other regions unless its something easy to do as dpgwhores works fine to compare with.

Like val said, tier 8 up and no arty would be fine.

Top 100-300 players would be fine as well.

So you cant really just copy what the guy at dpgwhores has done since he would have done most of the heavy lifting all ready? 

Yeah, I dropped him a line just now.  Will let you know what develops.

Out of curiosity, anyone on the 1.0 test server and managed to work out if you can see the bushes move when an unspotted enemy fires? As is i've only seen people test what happens when they fire, not the other way around.

Fucktards that keep giving.  This prick seems to have sat in a typical SPG position (Mines) all game, only got spotted at  the end.

jkKvUkz.png

But it get's better (worse).  Next game I'm on his team.  He's in his PzKpfw VII tier X, camping valley on lakeville like an SPG.  The enemy starts pushing and he falls back.  I put a round into him and he shoots be back, goes blue.  So I put 3 more rounds into him, while he drives to the far side of the map.  

Hope. fucking. less.

cioeUU9.png

Got pushed out by a one shottable mauer thing... felt so good. Word to the retards, if you are going to push someone out, at least have the hit points to survive the karma.

On 2/9/2018 at 0:04 PM, Ezz said:

Out of curiosity, anyone on the 1.0 test server and managed to work out if you can see the bushes move when an unspotted enemy fires? As is i've only seen people test what happens when they fire, not the other way around.

Im 99% sure that is a client side effect only as the devs said in Belarus that it wouldn't be visible to the enemy, that includes boxes bouncing around.

2 hours ago, bolagnaise said:

Im 99% sure that is a client side effect only as the devs said in Belarus that it wouldn't be visible to the enemy, that includes boxes bouncing around.

Will be interesting. The whole 15m thing could basically be rendered [sic] useless.

Anyone else get triggered when they post mortem switch to an is7 and hear a camo net go up?

2 hours ago, Ezz said:

Anyone else get triggered when they post mortem switch to an is7 and hear a camo net go up?

Doesn't bino have the same sound? 

I think one has a click to it, while the other sounds more like a heavy tarpaulin. 

Also the fact that hits on you dont always register the sound effects. You think you're doing nicely, and then realise you've lost half your health in 1 second.

16 hours ago, Ezz said:

Dunno, haven't seen/heard that yet.  Seeing ally 430 camp with TDs is triggering though.  #BoughtAccountBrah?

Captain_Rats (12-Feb-18 6:48:16 PM) WOW ON THE MOVE NICE MODS

Great success comrade!

Yeah.  I can't fucking hit anything. Pls send hacks Ezz.

Also Kamikaze'd an IS-7 in the Mauschen,

@Va1heru @Saffee, and anyone else still awake...

I have a workable concept for a DPGWhoresque heatmap thing.  Let me know if this sounds like it will meet you needs.  At a really high level it is:

1. I manually get a list of gud players from the WG HoF, store in on MM-RNG-Luck.
  2. Lorp users periodically re-sync the list of players from MM-RNG-Luck.
  3. Lorp users periodically sync tank performance data as desired.

The Detail

The trick is getting a decent list of players.  WG don't have a decent API that I can call using code, but they do have the API which drives the Hall of Fame (HoF). The only snag is I have to harvest the data manually.  I have contacted the guy who runs GPGWhores but no response - and he only covers EU & NA.

My current plan is to periodically grab the 100 top overall players, by average damage dealt, from each region (giving a pool of 400 in total).  In addition to this I'd also grab the top 30 players for a given tank from each region (giving a pool of up to 120 in total).  As to which tanks I sync - that would be based on suggestions from the community (as suggested here, and maybe a "request a tank" feature).

In terms of the user experience (in the Lorp app) you would (assuming you had already synced the player list):

1. Browse to the screen (got a name for it?  "Best Players by Damage" or something?)
  2. Choose which tank you were interested in seeing
  3. The screen would show a heat map / list / chart or whatever showing the best players for the tank.
  4. To refresh the data with the latest performance data, just hit the "Sync" button.

Getting fresh performance stats

This is where I need your input assuming it sounds good so far.  there's three variables to work with:

1.  Which region(s), i.e. Asia, EU, RU, NA
  2. Which players by HoF source, i.e. top players overall (the pool of 400) and/or top players of the tank in question (the pool of 120).
  3. How many players.  Syncing all 400 + 120 for every tank will quickly get tedious, so a limit by player count would be useful.  You could place a limit per-region or in total.  Can also have different limits for the "top overall players" and "tank-X players".

For example you could configure your sync to grab data for these players:

1. The top 15 player of tank-X from each region (60 players) plus the top 10 players overall from each region (another 40 players; 100 in total).
  2. The top 50 players of tank-X, by average damage, regardless of region, plus the top 50 players overall, regardless of region.

You'd configure these settings on some config screen / dialog box.

Does that all make sense?  Or do you need to see a prototype / screenshots / wire-frame sketches?

4 hours ago, AdrianK said:

@Va1heru @Saffee, and anyone else still awake...

I have a workable concept for a DPGWhoresque heatmap thing.  Let me know if this sounds like it will meet you needs.  At a really high level it is:

1. I manually get a list of gud players from the WG HoF, store in on MM-RNG-Luck.
  2. Lorp users periodically re-sync the list of players from MM-RNG-Luck.
  3. Lorp users periodically sync tank performance data as desired.

The Detail

The trick is getting a decent list of players.  WG don't have a decent API that I can call using code, but they do have the API which drives the Hall of Fame (HoF). The only snag is I have to harvest the data manually.  I have contacted the guy who runs GPGWhores but no response - and he only covers EU & NA.

My current plan is to periodically grab the 100 top overall players, by average damage dealt, from each region (giving a pool of 400 in total).  In addition to this I'd also grab the top 30 players for a given tank from each region (giving a pool of up to 120 in total).  As to which tanks I sync - that would be based on suggestions from the community (as suggested here, and maybe a "request a tank" feature).

In terms of the user experience (in the Lorp app) you would (assuming you had already synced the player list):

1. Browse to the screen (got a name for it?  "Best Players by Damage" or something?)
  2. Choose which tank you were interested in seeing
  3. The screen would show a heat map / list / chart or whatever showing the best players for the tank.
  4. To refresh the data with the latest performance data, just hit the "Sync" button.

Getting fresh performance stats

This is where I need your input assuming it sounds good so far.  there's three variables to work with:

1.  Which region(s), i.e. Asia, EU, RU, NA
  2. Which players by HoF source, i.e. top players overall (the pool of 400) and/or top players of the tank in question (the pool of 120).
  3. How many players.  Syncing all 400 + 120 for every tank will quickly get tedious, so a limit by player count would be useful.  You could place a limit per-region or in total.  Can also have different limits for the "top overall players" and "tank-X players".

For example you could configure your sync to grab data for these players:

1. The top 15 player of tank-X from each region (60 players) plus the top 10 players overall from each region (another 40 players; 100 in total).
  2. The top 50 players of tank-X, by average damage, regardless of region, plus the top 50 players overall, regardless of region.

You'd configure these settings on some config screen / dialog box.

Does that all make sense?  Or do you need to see a prototype / screenshots / wire-frame sketches?

That sounds good but some screenshots would be cool. Also at this point, you should make a thread just for this. I know a few people who would be very interested in this addition. 

1 hour ago, Va1heru said:

That sounds good but some screenshots would be cool. Also at this point, you should make a thread just for this. I know a few people who would be very interested in this addition. 

Will do, and will do.

Where dafuq would I put such a thread?

47 minutes ago, AdrianK said:

Will do, and will do.

Where dafuq would I put such a thread?

Shenanigans probably.

31 minutes ago, spacewolf said:

You need a special tag to post There.

Watching a JP streamer play his 430u, see an IS m with a kac logo but can't see a name. Watch said is M get dismantled in about 4 shells. Must be fun playing tier 8's hey @Ezz :popcorn:

Ah. Didn't know. That'll slow down his submission there then.