Never

Show Off Your Rig

555 posts in this topic

Forgive the mess and quality, but here is my tank station.

1575620-F6WFDTP.jpg

1827671-AK9OSMO.png

Just added a brand new 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD to the basket. Should be here by friday along with everything else. Looking forward to building and taking a few pics :P

Forgive the mess and quality, but here is my tank station.

1575620-F6WFDTP.jpg

1827671-AK9OSMO.png

Nice! Do you have those HDDs in RAID?

Got a new case, a second GTX 660 and water cooling for the CPU coming soon :P

I'm assuming you got that for other games? Unless they've changed things since I last ran SLI (probably a year or so) it doesn't help much at all in WoT.  Unfortunately I'm one of the people that gets driven nearly insane by micro-stuttering so I've steered clear of multi-card setups since then, it's a much better deal if that doesn't bother you though.

I'm assuming you got that for other games? Unless they've changed things since I last ran SLI (probably a year or so) it doesn't help much at all in WoT.  Unfortunately I'm one of the people that gets driven nearly insane by micro-stuttering so I've steered clear of multi-card setups since then, it's a much better deal if that doesn't bother you though.

I'm mostly getting it for video and 3D rendering, though more FPS while recording games wouldn't hurt a bit :P

NVidia did a lot of progress on their drivers for SLI, most of the problems have been fixed since.

The water cooler should be getting here by Thursday. I just paid for the GTX 660 but the payment should only be identified tomorrow and the card sent Thursday, so I expect it to arrive monday or tuesday. The SSD should be sent today and probably will arrive Friday.

(I'm posting this from my laptop on a gas station after a trip to pick up the new case, just waiting for the guy to show up lol)

This should be good, because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one playing this way:

imac-2012-vs-imac-2011.jpg

Yeap, I play on a 27" iMac. Parallels FTW.

Say what you will about WIndows 8, it's freaking stable. Never had a crash that wasn't related either overclock issues or crappy programming in Mechwarrior Online. Win 8 also boots fast off of a HDD. 7200 RPM spinning iron here and it'll cold boot in under 20 seconds.

Because Windows 8 never quite shuts down.

After a horrible day of screw-ups I finally managed to get everything working again on the new case. So far no new internals, that will be coming very shortly :P

fOC3as4.png

ewww @ the nvidea logo on that. I'm a fanboy sure, but that's just tacky imo

I'd post a picture of mine rig and computer desk, but some of ya'll might be rustled by the amount of ammo and magazines stacked up between the subwoofer and Xbox360 on my desk.

:happy:

Are you referring to the green logo on the front or the cut out logo on the side?

both, mostly the logo on the front because it's so cheap looking, having it as the window is at least mildly stylish, if not still tacky.

both, mostly the logo on the front because it's so cheap looking, having it as the window is at least mildly stylish, if not still tacky.

It was the only case I could find here with the color scheme I wanted. I'm also not a fan of the nvidia logo on the front, but there's no easy way to remove it.

The window will be replaced by a bigger square one.

It was the only case I could find here with the color scheme I wanted. I'm also not a fan of the nvidia logo on the front, but there's no easy way to remove it.

The window will be replaced by a bigger square one.

no phantoms in brazil?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146079

new egg doesn't seem to be working well for me not loading the pics >.>

no phantoms in brazil?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146079

new egg doesn't seem to be working well for me not loading the pics >.>

There are, but not in green.

I actually love the case. Only thing I don't like about it is the logo. Other than that, it's beautiful in every way. After I installed a few green led strips inside, the light leaks through the mesh and gives out a very nice effect. It has an awesome minimalist design and the mesh also helps a lot with airflow.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the case, only wished I could remove the logo :P

There are, but not in green.

I actually love the case. Only thing I don't like about it is the logo. Other than that, it's beautiful in every way. After I installed a few green led strips inside, the light leaks through the mesh and gives out a very nice effect. It has an awesome minimalist design and the mesh also helps a lot with airflow.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the case, only wished I could remove the logo :P

we don't get green ones either(actualy don't get the origonals)

new ones don't seem as good due to the angles are not as sharp least the 410 got angles like the first.

black and white best colour >.>

Just ordered a new rig.

HAF Coolermaster RC-912-KKN1 Black

FX-4300 (wanted the 4350, but it didnt come in a supercombo)

M5A97 mobo

GTX 660 Ti 3GB GDDR5 GHz edition

1 TB WD HDD

8 GB DDR3 (4x2)

650w CoolerMaster GX Bronze cert PSU

I've already taken a look as possible upgrages, namely more RAM, an SLI in a year or so, and an SSD for the OS.  For now, this is pretty damn good.  Esp the 660 Ti 3GB.  

Nice! Do you have those HDDs in RAID?

I used to, but after I had a fatal HDD error in my raids I never bother to set it back up.

I'm going to be retarded and end up getting 3-4 more SSDs and RAID those fuckers together. I mean, I just bought a $350 computer chair, I already went off the deep end.

oTxM2AM.jpg

Main PC

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 3.6GHz

CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper TX-3

Thermal Paste: Arctic Cooling MX-4

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 Version 1.0
GPU: ATi Radeon HD5870 1GB GDDR5 Reference Card
PSU: Aerocool Strike-X Hybrid Modular 800W 80+ Silver
Case: Antec Eleven hundred
HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda, 500GB Hitachi Deskstar
RAM: 2 x 4GB G.Skill Rip-Jaws 1600MHz
Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2 Diablo III Edition. (Used to use Creative Tactic3D Rage, and Corsair Vengeance 1300)

Speakers: Edifier M3300SF
Monitor: Acer G205H
Mouse: Powerlogic GMX-1 Predator
Keyboard: Ducky Channel DK9008G2 Cherry MX Brown Switches.

Secondary PC

Processor: AMD Llano A4-3400

CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Phenom II Cooler

Thermal Paste: Arctic Cooling MX-4

Motherboard: Biostar TA75M+
GPU: Asus GTX550Ti DirectCU 1GB GDDR5
PSU: CoolerMaster eXtreme 500W
Case: Coolermaster Elite 344
HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda
RAM: 1 x 4GB Kingston ValueRAM 1600MHz
Monitor: AOC e950Swn
Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech K400r