Royal_Pain

STB-1 Questions

Question

So I plan on getting the STB-1 eventually, but since it's new theres not really any guides on it. So I was wondering, what kind of crew, equipment, an playstyle should I run on this tank? Thanks.

12 answers to this question

I played on the test server, and I'm working towards it on the live server right now.

It's basically a medium-range brawler/sniper, meant to abuse its DPM to wreck tanks and using its gun depression to overcome rough terrain.

For all intents and purposes, it's significantly upgraded M48 Fatton. A bit worse view range and hull armor in exchange for a gun with better DPM and a better turret. Though it's still a jack of all trades, since it's not very fast, very heavily armored, or very stealthy.

For equipment, normally you should go with rammer, vert stab, and optics... but because the dispersion and aim time is horrible for a tier 10 medium, you're better off with rammer, vert stab, and GLD.
Generally, the more skills you have the significantly better the tank becomes, and you pretty much need 3-4 crew skills to play it well.

First should be camo and sixth sense/safe stowage, then repair, then anything affecting gunnery.

The playstyle is essentially that of a beefed-up STA-1, with better armor, firepower, and speed. Don't rely on the armor, though, it's more of a bonus than something you can reliably abuse.

Oh, and I should have made it clear those are sela's stats from the last 10 days.