NavySnipers

ASAP 16 - HOLY CRAP HAVOC

159 posts in this topic

I am sooooooo glad I'm upgrading my system. I want to experience the havoc engine in all its glory. Although my 7870 will probably only run it on 30 fps. :/

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/46/Video-asap-16/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3qft0DocNIM

i_came_4.jpg

My computer is a year old and seems to have lost 10 FPS during 8.10

I wonder how much Ill lose for Havoc + looking forward to 7 FPS when more polygons come :/

Oh wow, imagine if you could block off certain routes by shooting out buildings, I'd probably carry a lot more HE.

Hell I'm running a 7950 with everything on high and I'm only getting 30 fps now......guess I'll have to crank it down a little

Hell I'm running a 7950 with everything on high and I'm only getting 30 fps now......guess I'll have to crank it down a little

What's your CPU?

Interesting game they're playing.  The graphics updates look awesome, but I do wonder if some people will get upset at the lack of new tanks.  We've gotten spoiled on that front.  Hopefully though, they'll also make other improvements along with the graphics over the course of the next year.

I see scores of people doing nothing but shooting buildings and driving into stuff because their looking at their tank sideways watching road wheels for the first week.  Really wish they would optimize the damn game first.  

What's your CPU?

Running a Phenom II x945 3.0 ghz with 16 gigs ddr3 on windows 7 64 bit

My poor processor is looking at me the same way John Candy did when the chef told him to eat the fat and gristle from the old 96'er

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc_5tx7xRlg

Edit 2:48 in

Oh man I can't wait to see Gaijin's response to the implementation of havoc.

Also, if this means the destruction of big buildings then that's going to seriously change the meta.

Also, if this means the destruction of big buildings then that's going to seriously change the meta.

Yep. According to SerB, the server has to sync up with the changes made from Havoc. This means that it's not just cosmetic, and the destruction we cause will definitely change the map itself during the game.

Running a Phenom II x945 3.0 ghz with 16 gigs ddr3 on windows 7 64 bit

That's probably why you're getting such low fps. Your CPU is holding your GPU's true potential back. If you want to increase your performance, you might try overclocking. But make sure you buy a sufficient cooler. I don't know much about AMD processors though so I suggest researching first.

Dropping walls on tanks is probably more effective than shooting them. You'd block their sniper mode and possibly damage the tank itself like what happens when falling off a cliff. Only in this case the cliff falls on you.

Or you can drop a wall in front of you to use as cover so rounded hulls (Like the E5) can be more effective at city brawling.

Yep. According to SerB, the server has to sync up with the changes made from Havoc. This means that it's not just cosmetic, and the destruction we cause will definitely change the map itself during the game.

Possibility of arty being even more effective for the purpose of taking down cover and large buildings?

Assuming artillery shells blow up buildings better than regular rounds of course.

Actually the moe I think about this, the more annoying I think it could be.

Take Ensk for example. It is such a closed city enviorment that it would be easy to block an entire area in. You can't peak and poke like before from the north using the rubble pile as cover because it would be too easy for the enemy to bury you in rubble.

It also rewards higher alpha guns even more (I'm assuming).

ibu2Pd9Tkot0ZZ.gif

hnngh

Also, what's up with the new tiny village on Live oaks?

I think this is an internal test map for them, there seems to be a large quantity of random / duplicate destructible crap laying everywhere.

My poor processor :(. I already know Im limited by it because I swapped in a friends i7 to see and I went from 50-60 fps to 90-110 fps. Pentium dual core 2 weak. I need to figure out how to get a hold of an i5.

Actually the moe I think about this, the more annoying I think it could be.

Take Ensk for example. It is such a closed city enviorment that it would be easy to block an entire area in. You can't peak and poke like before from the north using the rubble pile as cover because it would be too easy for the enemy to bury you in rubble.

It also rewards higher alpha guns even more (I'm assuming).

Oh man.  Now I'm trying to imagine destructible buildings and finally releasing the SturmTiger too.  Wait 2 minutes before you go in the city guys, I'll level the block for you

I just wish they would find the time to model the kinetic energy of some of the tank shells... Gettin tired of sending tier 10 td rounds into the sides of scouts/bats and only tracking them lol...

My poor processor :(. I already know Im limited by it because I swapped in a friends i7 to see and I went from 50-60 fps to 90-110 fps. Pentium dual core 2 weak. I need to figure out how to get a hold of an i5.

I'm wondering if it's worth it to save up an extra $100 and rather than get a 3570k, get a 3770k.

If it's a difference of 15-25 fps, then definitely.