Zepherex

ISU-152 compared to Object 704

32 posts in this topic

I like the gun on the Isu but the vehicle mounting the gun is horrible, the ISU has no armor and a turning rate so bad an E-100 could do the circle of death on you, I was curious if the Object 704 is any better in the armor and turning rate department

Back in the day the gun was a lot better on the Obj, mobility is still bad (Turning mostly).

crud, at least it gets an hp pool

I liked it much better, but they nerfed the Obj since then. Anyway, the HP and added armor help a lot.

what should I expect to bounce in it, because I still pen it with most tanks unless i hit the mantlet

what should I expect to bounce in it, because I still pen it with most tanks unless i hit the mantlet

Not a lot, but the sides have spaced armor and the area around the mantlet is pretty tough. Also it does some troll bounces from time to time.

Not a lot, but the sides have spaced armor and the area around the mantlet is pretty tough. Also it does some troll bounces from time to time.

This--it is very troll armored.  I found the 704 (current grind) a welcome upgrade to the ISU.  I have a very succesful W/R in mine (65%+) as a solopub and can even lead a charge in a pinch.  Traverse is slow, but that gun makes me giggle every time I fire.  Its nuts.  Good camo, sit in the back and watch stuff splode' 

I like the isu weary much . My avr dmg is about 2000. But I think Bl10 gun is much better on t8 then on t9 . Logic is simple. I can 1 shoot t6 tanks well on the other hand when you play Obj . you fight T7 min to T 10 . So Isu is a monster for his tier but Obj. is an average in it's tier.

Just moved up to 704 from ISU 

It seems like the bl 10 gets a better damage roll on 704 is that true?

704 is a clear upgrade from the ISU. The traverse is similar but I have clutch braking on my driver to help.

If the 704 was nerfed in the past it must have been blatantly OP back then. Right now it feels amazing. The gun pulls off snapshots like a 62a at 50km/h.

The ISU can drive a bit faster if it has enough space to accelerate IIRC, that's about it. the 704 is better in every other way

If you want to get roughly the same WN8 in the 704 as the ISU, you'll have to do ~one more 600+ damage shot per game (depending on what WN8 you're going for). They're about equal on the paddability scale when it comes to raw numbers, but in practice the 704 is a better padder even with it being a padder's choice type of vehicle.

The HP pool in T8-10 is MUCH larger than the HP pool in T7-9. It's harder to potato in the 704 (view range, gun handling, and slightly better armor help here; you'll get a shot off.), and your average T9/10 match is much longer. The last thing in the 704's favor is that it sees nothing smaller than a 7. This is an important point because the ISU will actually see full HP tanks that it can shoot and waste a portion of its alpha doing so. By contrast, with the 704 even the weakest T7 TDs have enough HP that nothing but the highest rolls will be wasted.

704 is a clear upgrade from the ISU. The traverse is similar but I have clutch braking on my driver to help.

If the 704 was nerfed in the past it must have been blatantly OP back then. Right now it feels amazing. The gun pulls off snapshots like a 62a at 50km/h.

No, no it wast. The old accuracy kept it in check.

Thanks fo all the advice and help, Im getting the object 704 because I want to get the object 268, Im glad to hear its harder to potato, how much damage should i do to expect at least purple results in a 704? (WN8)

Just copying my post from another 704 thread:

After about 10 games I'm loving the 704.  The few things that really stand out to me are: the camo is still really nice, the mantle/frontal armor can be pretty troll at times albeit unreliable, the gun handling and reload are just so much better than the ISU, and the hull traverse is awful, but the gun traverse is quite a nice upgrade from the ISU (+3 degrees each side).  Played a little over 10k battles and this is the first tank I've ever had over 10k damage in a round.  Unfortunately that turned out to be a loss..  Overall, I'm loving it so far and can't believe I put it off for so long.

to op poster, the 268 will be getting a alpha nerf sadly so all the isu 704, 268 do all the same damage, so youll need to work harder at t10

i recently sold mine :D after 700 games, its bit past its tonker prime, i turn to the waffle jpz