Deusmortis

Name and... Praise?

307 posts in this topic

Great idea for a thread ^-^

shot_027_zpse81967aa.jpg

We were by ourselves Vs KV-4 Full HP, AT-7 Full HP, and a T69

Plus the enemy had a hummel and a M41.

I put a clip of heat into the KV4, which was approaching our base, Without asking he layed a hit on him killing him, the T69 was heading to base

*Spotted him while I was reloading

and without asking, he relocated all the way south while I passive scouted the T69 in our base looking for arts.

900HP gone, The guy loaded a HEAT/ACPR and penned the T69 while going full speed zooming around in our base. with only 400 HP, I cleaned him up.

While this was happening the AT7 was slowly prodding around in the north of sand river hoping to spot and kill me, or the arty that seemed to not be in our base.

Bam, Another HEAT/ACPR into the AT7. leaving him crippled and I get the finishing shots on him.

The rest of the match was just hunting arty. 

I honestly owe that win to him. Loading 2 HEAT/ACPR and connecting each time on crucial targets. Couldn't of done it without the guy.  :biglaugh:

(*the T29 was alive spotting for a little bit too, but died when the T69 died :P)

Had to necro my own thread for this...

Capture_zps7cc4d16a.jpg

This team ^

Pearl River, north spawn.  We start heading for the grinder, as usual.  Someone says "They might try to bottleneck at the bridge."  I say "If they do that, pull out and go around."  Sure enough, enemy team tries to use the bridge bottleneck.  Maus and T-30 stay behind to harass.  Rest of the force moves out, down through the center town, and slams into that ambush's side.  It was beautiful to behold.  I've seen CW teams who were worse at following a contingency strat.  But this random group of pubbies played it magnificently. 

Two matches spring to mind:

The Perfect Scout:

xo16Jhs.jpg

That T-50 won the match for us, he ran around, spotting & highlighting all the enemy tanks, turning the match into a one-sided shootinggallery. We just had to point & shoot. Checked him after, and he was an average player according to stats (but good at T-50)

KV Glory; KV Might: What happens when two KV players cooperate:

Xj9j1Yk.jpg

This quickly shaped to be a lost game, our team crumbled faster then a brownie. As I noticed the KV-5 driver looked good, I decided to join forces with him, acting as shellabsorber, as the KV-5 has some glaring weakspots. Worked like a charm! Enemies shot at me, and he retaliated, using me as cover.(Sand River, so decent cover is far & few between) Had a few hair-rising moments when they had us surrounded, but we prevailed. In the end, we shared our achievements. Also, fun comment from the opposing team *How the fuck are we supposed to kill you guys! You're like a twin-turret Maus!* Note, enemy could have won if they went for cap, instead they went for kill all, and kill all it was, just not for them 8) Big cheers for Bordza and his formidable play in the KV-5, without him, it would have ended in another nameless defeat.

Short version: Teamwork pays off! It elevates your play beyond your normal skills.

Finally, a good 183. Most of them seem to be crap, so I was pretty surprised that a random pub 183 knew what they were doing.

They actually knew how to fight alongside a 155 when we were the only two tanks left vs ~5 of theirs. It was like one of those moments in an action movie when two good guys are fighting back to back against the odds, lol. When I was reloading, he was ready. When he was reloading, I was ready. A great moment for residents of publandia, lol.

CBai43V.jpg

qqajqh.jpg

This is a simultaneous shame and praise.

A third of our team did nothing.

However, the T32, the Centurion 7/1 and me (Them BOTH stock), held off and killed an E-75 and Black Prince, and proceeded to maul a Ferdi and a Loewe.

A lesser thanks to the SU-152, who hid at the end to make a certain defeat a draw.

I had two matches last night where I asked the pub scouts to spot a specific area in a specific way and they did it leading to crushing victories.  I don't recall their names but I did send them both PMs after the match thanking them for listening and reiterating that they did a great job.  

Also had a similar scenario on Pearl River west spawn where I was able to get almost the entire team to head to the valley of despair only to find that they were camping bridge.  I held valley in my T28 Proto with an IS6 and the rest of the team went around through the town, flanked, and won.

I had two matches last night where I asked the pub scouts to spot a specific area in a specific way and they did it leading to crushing victories.  I don't recall their names but I did send them both PMs after the match thanking them for listening and reiterating that they did a great job.  

Dlur, you also did a great job in a game last night on Sacred Valley.  You were the T49, I was in the Comet.  

On a new map that not many people know yet, you used the timer countdown to outline the key places for everyone to go.  It was extremely helpful and worked out great.

Praising some pubbies! I loaded into Cliff last night in the IS-6, with sr360 in the KV-5. PantsofGlory in the SU-122-44. Noticed the other team slightly better. Noticed our tier 9s were both TDs (T30 and 704) with below average win rates. 46-48%? Something in there. sr360 said on coms that we'd lost because they either one or both, would camp 2 line. 

I politely typed/begged that 1 or both of them come 8-9 with me and sr360. They both came. sr360 and I lead the push, knowing we could bounce/juke hits better than our TDs. We pushed very aggressive, soaked hits, while our TDs crushed the targets. The enemy conqueror (a decent player) saw us, and RAN SO FAST. But not so fast that Pants couldn't put 3 shots into his side for 1200 dmg. It was a crushing win. Over so quickly it was hilarious. Our tier 9 TD heroes had 2300 and 2600 dmg respectively. 

I PM'd one of them (they were in platoon) and thanked him/her. 

I PM'd one of them (they were in platoon) and thanked him/her. 

Now I know you just make this shit up.

Now I know you just make this shit up.

sr can verify. I was really thankful. It was sr's last game of the night and capped a nice win-streak. I am capricious in my whim and praise!

sr can verify. I was really thankful. It was sr's last game of the night and capped a nice win-streak. I am capricious in my whim and praise!

You never PM'd me (with praise) after all those times we played together (3)  hehe!    hmmm might be why I never get an invite from you to play any more. 

Last night, I platooned with a player, whose win rate was not very good.  He asked to play with me after I complimented him during a previous game.  He was actually a very good team player.  He covered my flanks, he spotted for me, he kept an eye on our base and went back as soon as he recognized the need (without me having to tell him to), he flanked those whom I was engaged in, or otherwise distracted them.  Pretty much everything you would want in a partner.  I'm not really sure why his win rate was so awful, since he seemed to have a grasp of the game, at least when platooned up. 

I may have actually run into one of the few players who are able to play well as a team member, but who does not do well by himself.  I asked him if he had problems deciding what to do when he solo'd and he said, that was his main problem:  indecision.   He has the tools to be a good player, he just needs direction.  I told him to watch a few replays of good players and try to emulate what they do, where they go, when they attack and defend.  I told him I would continue platooning with him, and answer any questions he has.  Hopefully, he will come into his own and be able to carry a few games in the future.   

You never PM'd me (with praise) after all those times we played together (3)  hehe!    hmmm might be why I never get an invite from you to play any more.  :)

I don't even invite anymore, I log in and get deluged with invites ;-D

I played with your buddy derpmeister in a random yesterday. He did pretty good. It was a very quick match, a crushing win. 

I don't even invite anymore, I log in and get deluged with invites ;-D

I played with your buddy derpmeister in a random yesterday. He did pretty good. It was a very quick match, a crushing win. 

Yup, derpmmeister is a good friend of mine.  I met him after he crushed me with his T-127 in back-to-back games, while I was in my T-127 (in which I am no slouch).  We platooned and won about 20 in a row, and began to regularly platoon after that.  Our personalities are such that we can kid each other when we make mistakes and laugh it off.  If  you get a chance, our 3rd regular platoonmate Comrade_Ryan is also a good player, with a likeable personality.  We have a lot of fun when we are on at the same time.

PS:  I added a bit to my previous post, which you may have missed.  :)   

PSS:  I am just glad to finally be able to play again after the 8.6 patch screwed up my log in information.  Now I can change my email addy for my account to the new one.  Darn Time Warner Cable and its takeover of my Insight cable company! 

It was a great game. Somehow Crab can make pubbies respond to tactical suggestions better than I can!

Replay here

UE, I like that you're adopting decent players. There are a lot of players like that in this game, its for them that this forum exists!

As for cajoling the pubbies with tactical sense, there's a few elements

simplicity and clarity - short, specific words and simple ideas

timing - i try to press enter shortly after everyone has loaded, so they see it before they move, but before they have momentum

repetition - It doesn't work every game. I did it this morning and they were non responsive. but you have to try every match to catch the teams that can do it. 

Dlur, you also did a great job in a game last night on Sacred Valley.  You were the T49, I was in the Comet.  

On a new map that not many people know yet, you used the timer countdown to outline the key places for everyone to go.  It was extremely helpful and worked out great.

Oh hey, just saw this.  Thanks.  I think I recall that match, pretty much the two of us hoisted our pubs to victory.  I've been trying to offer brief, plainly worded, polite strategic advice at the start of matches now when my XVM shows that there aren't very many 52%+ players on my team, especially when I solo pub and especially on newer maps.  I think it's helping about 75% of the time.  I'm starting to see less people cross bridge on Erlenberg and help me on the correct offensive push.  I'm seeing people stay out of mid on Sacred Valley.  I've got people to push 2/3 line on Murovanka instead of dying in magic forest.  I've even managed to get pubs to push K line on south spawn Redshire a few times.  Of course other times I get a simple "fuck you, your not boss of me" response right before the entire team lemmings into a massive and catastrophic fail cascade by doing exactly the opposite of my suggestion.

Wanted to post this earlier but couldn't find this damn thread. D:

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/21886-nisa-gets-owned-by-a-53er/page__p__490981#entry490981

GYknoZP.jpg
OPHoIF2.jpg

This guy here.
He is a HERO.

@Mods,this is name and fame,not shame,so please don't lock this thread? Pretty please?

>mfw
jcWbCKY.jpg
signature.png

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Comnissar.

Like to name & praise Szarik2006, a 43% WR player. I was holding North flank on Erlenberg alone in my KV-4 when the enemy grew balls and charged at me (IS-3 & KV-4). Out of nowhere Szarik appears in his little IS and pushes away the IS-3 (who seems caught by suprise). Due to his distraction I'm able to take out those two tanks fairly easy, and he manages to live. Arty was involved as well, but mainly missed.

Some screenies:

LobnzSx.jpg

Uh-oh, they grew balls, this gonna be nasty (notice the green dot on minimap on northwest road, it's Szarik, who came all the way from the castle to help)

11PsbIQ.jpg

Szarik says: CHAAAARGEEEEE

He rushed in at full speed, ramming and even pushing back the totally suprised IS-3, giving me a breather. Bonus: Szarik survives this reckless charge as I first take out the IS-3, then the KV-4 (in a duel worthy of song) By then Szarik was off someplace else, happily playing his tank.

qkqR8zC.jpg

And so ends the game, with my first topgun medal on KV-4. If Szarik didn't rush in to help at that critical moment, things might have turned out very differently.

OK, this BDR player saved what was a lost game.

2957p84.jpg

He stopped at LEAST 3 close caps (<70 cap points) while having less than 20 hitpoints.

He turned an almost certain loss (game was 3-8 at one point) into a win with very little assistance.

Good game, blackbird402. Good game.