Deusmortis

Name and... Praise?

307 posts in this topic

Naming and praising my entire team:

529428d6eaa0d42469010000.jpg

There was some initial whining about getting Highway South spawn, and how our team would get annihilated climbing into city. A collective lightbulb went off in the team when I suggested we didn't *HAVE* to take city, and the team agreed to follow my instructions. Our Object 268 flexed like a champ behind Darrigaaz and my lead, and rolled up 6K damage. Our FV 183 camped the base ridge and lit up their guys pushing down from the city for 4.3K. We only lost 4 tanks vs a team with better overall XVM stats.

The battle chat in the link is illuminative, as my pub whispering was worthy of Crab or Antonio!

A collective lightbulb went off in the team when I suggested we didn't *HAVE* to take city...

I should probably praise this team for doing essentially the same thing yesterday...

52943414eaa0d42661010000.jpg

Specificly, ClownShoesMagoo, who did conducted the whole ordeal.  Similar chat log as sr360.

A collective lightbulb went off in the team when I suggested we didn't *HAVE* to take city.....

I, too, have had a team run this strategy with familiar similar results a few days ago.  I think we ended up 7 or 8 total as they had a couple IS-7s and an AMX 50 Foch 155 return to their spawn and camp spawn hard as city was starting to fall and we had a couple of knuckleheads try and yolo rush them instead of tying to coordinate with the approaching forces from the north, but the end result was the same.

You know that thing that happens when you're low in hit points and side-hugging a big TD, and a friendly arty decides to try and 'help out' by taking you both out with one shot? 

So I'm on Fisherman's Bay, skirmishing the middle hill town in my T54E1, when a freakin' T95 pops up over the middle. I zoom in and get on his side, but bounce half my shots because I'm a scrub. There I am, hanging onto the side of this half-health T95 like a damned lamprey, with under 100 hit points left, and close to half a minute to reload. And I can't just leave the TD, because our town side is pushing and he'll rip into their flank if I do and probably swing the game their way. So instead I'm waltzing with this guy like a drunken private dancer at the end of a long night. 

Then, out of the blue, one of our arties, Leviathan666 from HHL clan, pings that he's attacking the T95! Can you believe that? He actually used the in-game tools to communicate with an ally. Not only that, he also gave me time to get safe before nuking his hapless target! We ended up winning that game, and I ended up surviving :) 

So thanks, Leviathan666. You may be an arty player, but you're still one of the good guys in my book. 

A thanks to Wibs in his GW Tiger and MightyMerlin in his M103.

Merlin and I we were able to defend the east town of South Coast against greater numbers, which was nice. He fought smart, coordinating fire, and realized when we couldn't hold the position.

We were backed up to the south slope of the plateau when a T95 appeared, and the two of us kept him lit and at bay while Wibs smacked him multiple times with his arty.

[WWF] GOLDBERG 

is a fucking legend, 45%, 500 wn7, BUT EVERY GAME I GET WITH HIM HE CARRIES SO HARD.

6k in waifu

7k in 183...

I'm starting to think this has to be a reverse reroll

23k3vqt.png

The T25-2. 4K games, 50% win rate, completely average. Moreover, he was driving a stock T25-2 in a tier 9 battle. And I mean really stock: gun, engine and turret were all the first option.

He had 450hp left, AMX 50-120 600 and we had an arty somewhere. Meanwhile, the enemy had a 100% Tortoise that was arty safe and an arty themselves. One would expect the Tortoise would have a chance of winning the battle. Not this time, T25-2 handled it to perfection, went to the opposite side of the Tortoise to where our AMX 50-120 was, meaning they could attack him from two sides. But, the most impressive thing is that he had the awareness to stay in arty cover during this operation the entire time and also warning the 50-120 about arty cover as well. He enabled the 50-120 to empty a clip, then jumped in when the opportunity was there and finished the Tortoise, after that killing the arty to win the game. It was nice to see :)

So, we're being vision controlled by a slew of enemy TDs. I just got crossfired and died. Our 43% KV-2, with 38% in-tank rolls to the island... and proceeds to derp 6 of the enemy tanks for 3.3K damage and a Top Gun.

He carried my sorry ass...

52980d25eaa0d45c31010000.jpg

uDcRK4s.jpg?1

D9OMyrs.jpg?1

Crappy(er) side of horrible, horrible Komarin.  Didn't even notice we got stuffed with two nAs as well.  Major props to KV2 Guy, everything he looked at exploded.

Name and praise:

46% arty player  Josh24jt  in his Hummel

6oFIe7J.jpg

It's going to be a close game. According to XVM the stats are close and they have more above average players than us.  I decide to follow our best player and support him as best I can.

Came down to the other good player, myself and  Josh24jt.  I'm pretty sure he was shooting marshmallows.  Whatever he was shooting they weren't working... 

Close game as expected. We fall behind several times and draw back close. Epic and I have to flex to hold them off as they wipe out one of our flanks. It gets down to 3 v 4. Then 3 v 3. Then 2 v 2. It's now me and Josh24jt vs. a Hellcat and t-34-85.   Enemy Hellcat goes down. T-34-85 facehugs me. I back off... and low and behold Josh24jt lands a shot on him as the medium kills me.  If he hadn't hit right then and there it would have been game over.  I'm confident the medium would have easily been able to kill him (Josh only penetrated 3 times for 110 damage all game.)

He may not have done much this game... When it came to the right moment he landed the perfect shot, and won the game for our team. Congratulations Josh24jt. You did it! You single handly finished the game off for our team!

Thank you Josh24jt

A minute into a Lakeview game, to my horror no one went to valley except a T29.  He blocked almost an entire Tier 8 rapetrain singlehandedly for most part of the game which was the crucial factor for the win.

GG man.

iCjY8MO.jpg

http://wotreplays.com/site/459971#team

had a horrible team, when me and ISU where last man standing, we wiped entire team, untill i died by gold ammo T69, ISU had to fight t6 med and hummel, and it ended in a draw...

the interesting part is, our ISU got a (stunning) amount of 1797 BASE exp in a DEFEAT**

shot_222.jpg

**: and this is base exp, because his best game in ISU is 2695 exp (and 1797*1.5 (premium multiplier) is 2695, so unless he got 2695 exp in some other game, this guy got 2695 exp in a defeat....

I am getting sick and tired of having to carry garbage, especially considering I am incapable, but there were three others to take part in the heavy lifting. praises to the hellcat and vk.36.01 driver

Ktzc0Y8.jpg

Edit for more praises. This time I would like to praise all of platoon 1, unica all of them, thanks to them playing agressively as well, so could I, this game was just so much fun. Hat off to these guys.

aYSO76G.jpg

steppes-germany-e-50-ausf-m-843787785598

Edited by antikondor

I'd like to praise the Grille in this game for putting his shells right where they needed to be. Saved the damn game at the very end. Well done Dirkpitt0.

http://wotreplays.com/site/476256#self

No idea how you people post photos of the detailed report. Teech me!

so, tonight Myself and Pityfool were Platooning. First game we had we ran into a Cromwell, I killed him near the end of the game. Next game we ran nto him again, he said "oh look, its the smug asshats from last game" both me and Pity were like "lolwut?" anyway, after carrying that game to a win, he sent me a PM explaining that he was having a rough night. so, we Conferenced, and decided to let him toon with us. and OMG, he mau have had a 49% W/R and only 800 WN6, but he has real potential. he was pretty good and a Joy to play with. both Pity and myself thought that we would have to carry him a few games, then politely dismiss him from the toon. but no, he was actually really good. we informed him of the Wotlabs forum and explained it to him. he was a really great guy, perfectly happy to take instructions from us, and willing to learn. I wish there were more players like him. 

his name, for anyone wanting to know, is Edward_Dionysos. he was a Joy to play with and I hope he comes and checks us out.

so, tonight Myself and Pityfool were Platooning. First game we had we ran into a Cromwell, I killed him near the end of the game. Next game we ran nto him again, he said "oh look, its the smug asshats from last game" both me and Pity were like "lolwut?" anyway, after carrying that game to a win, he sent me a PM explaining that he was having a rough night. so, we Conferenced, and decided to let him toon with us. and OMG, he mau have had a 49% W/R and only 800 WN6, but he has real potential. he was pretty good and a Joy to play with. both Pity and myself thought that we would have to carry him a few games, then politely dismiss him from the toon. but no, he was actually really good. we informed him of the Wotlabs forum and explained it to him. he was a really great guy, perfectly happy to take instructions from us, and willing to learn. I wish there were more players like him. 

his name, for anyone wanting to know, is Edward_Dionysos. he was a Joy to play with and I hope he comes and checks us out.

I heared similar tales like this before. Tomaotoes who turn into decent players when platooned. At EU forum there was a small discussion about it on the why. Turns out this are people who know how to play their tanks, but are utterly lost on where to go on maps (and how far you can go) and thereby die rapidly by doing *stupid* maneuvers/positionings.

When they're in a platoon, they usually stick with a platoonmember and support him. By this action, they avoid their errors in direction/maplocation and usually are at the good spots thanks to the highly skilled platoonmembers. Their skill in the tanks does the rest (this isn't well reflected in their stats however, due to the numerous errors they make on a map when solo)

In short, this is a special case of tomato player. They're terrible at soloplay, but excel in platoonplay.

This reroll:

P0gpVpb.jpg

Abbey, two purples in a sea of red. I think it was 7 dark reds, 3 reds, 2 yellows, 1 green, Krim, and I. I tried my best to push in my flank, but my DPM cant match the speed our reds are falling at. Finally, my flank collapses, leaving just me to punch an advancing BP until I'm overrun by zerglings.

After I go up in flames, I check back at base to see this guy playing his own rendition of 300 with the advancing horde... and wins. Finally, when its just him and a friendly 20 HP red KV-1S vs their KV-1S, he trips up, takes a 122mm to the face, and our KV-1S fires at full speed, missing by a mile. I felt so bad for him... until our KV manages to ram the other to death, baddie style.

52ab19a99c81a56d2e010000.jpg

WOOP, MAY THE 100% WINRATE CONTINUE edit: another game of reds without the unicum backup, jynx'd myself

Need to name and praise a 46% pubbie.  

TrackensTJ

os79iPD.png

It's Serene Coast north spawn.  We start falling behind. Eventually they have 7 left we have 4 left and they are capping us out. Typically dead players are calling us all useless. Everyone thinks we've lost.

e-honoUrable mention to the 47% Kv1s  player (Lukem12321) who does well and helps me defend cap before he dies.  But it's still 2 left on our side vs 3 on theirs.

TrackensTJ in his T29 has been on the other side of the map on the peninsula all game. He is down to 193 hp left. I'm beginning to swear at him under my breath because he appears to not do anything. In retrospect he probably can't survive one shot from their arty or the Tiger so what can he really do?

Now TrackensTJ manages to make a 400 meter shot on the PZs IV c to take him out before he kills me.

Then while the Tiger focuses on Trackens, I can sneak behind him to take him out.  Trackens manages to not do anything dumb like get killed himself in the process like most 46% pubbies would do.

Then we chase the arty and it ends in typical fashion. Me lighting the arty and trying not to die while Trackens again does the right thing and finishes him.

Thanks TrackensTJ and you too Luke12321. 

52af321e9c81a57191010000.jpg

Naming and praising MightyIx.

Platooning with me mates (yes, in that way) last weekend and we get Erlenberg encounter at high tier. Oh great, campfest. But not so! -enemy dark purple/unis immediately cross bridge and take up positions in the South.  

MightyIx, with fucks-to-give supply running dangerously low, hits ludicrous speed in his E-50 and gives enemy unicum a 60 ton injection of German snausage steel. Shortly after we take out the other enemy gudplayer and slowly chew away the enemy team.

Game was won in the first 60 seconds AND we got it on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jND5sFwKeZA

Hav to name & praise Multikox12, a new player trying out his ELC AMX (about 500 battles total played) He said he didn't knew what to do, so Hidhorse (platoonbuddy) gave him directions where to go for spotting & informed him to use lower terrain. This was on malinovka, we went for hill.

Rest of the team was plain useless tho. Me & Hidhorse mop up the resistance on hill, and later (due to Multikox12 following Hidhorse his commands) Hidhorse mops up the forest too and later their base (by here my gun was broke, and RNG had no mercy). Our team on the other hand crumbled like a cookie under the enemy. Last enemy tries to cap base, so we charge over the field, in order to decap & kill.

Multikox12 spots him, I aim & oneshot the bastard (for this shot alone, I forgive all the misses I had previously, the right shot hits at the right time)

Match ended in a victory and a great match for us (Hidhorse got Steel Wall, Topgun, radley-Walters & Spartan, I got Defender & spartan) but this tense & exciting match wouldn't have been possible if Multikox12 didn't ask what to do (and following our orders).

Jq8T0g2l.jpg

The final shot. The ELC AMX spotted our adversary (who dinged our T29 driver) and I take my shot (you can spot the shell in flight, moments before the Panthers inevitable demise)

Gotta praise mostly Okiefromwatonga along with our arty (xXHyperionXx and Kaydel) from this battle.  It was pretty much over before it began with the team all over the place.  But he held on to his flank and eventually, with arty, managed a huge comeback.  Kaydel was also smart enough to roll with Okie to complete the cap.

http://www.wotreplays.org/replay/52b8fb459c81a53a55010000.html

GG,