Deusmortis

Name and... Praise?

307 posts in this topic

Even though it's s not clear to me that a tier 3 or tier 4 arty player should be considered eligible to be named here....earning a mention here is just one goal among my several stats-based goals. Maybe someday.

Out of deference to greens and above, I choose to play at a tier level that I'm guessing suspect many of you here have not seen for awhile...with good reason. I understand this.

But, for the love of tanks, since every one of you is better than me, if you see my name in a game give me some good ideas about how to support you, where you're headed...etc. This includes being a late-game "spotter" and "shell magnet" in my lumbering arty for tankers more nimble than myself. I'll do my best. A long time ago, my parents foresaw this very day and gave me a name that is easy to recognize and type in the heat of battle.

I suppose there are a lot of poor players who can't stand the "humiliation" of taking direction from somebody better than themselves but I am not one of them.

A shout out to Neverwish for my recent promotion from red to orange based on his good judgment to implement a revised color scheme.

Ken

Victory!, Object 704, South Coast, 12/31/13 6:42 AM: 1,777 nXP, 4,142 dmg

I must praise this entire team of mine. 

2vmvz9i.jpg

Upon spawning on the northern part of south coast, most of the team goes full potato, the Rhino, myself and ISU perch on TD hill and the rest of the team save the other 704 and 103 go hill.  103 goes beach solo, and 704 goes to fence above beach.  After waiting a bit to see where the enemy deploys, as well as advise the 103 and 704 about their predicament, the reds swarm the beach area.  The 704 holds up much longer than I anticipated, managing to get off 4 shots, 3 doing damage.  I miss the first wave going in, but am able to get a shot off on the second wave, tracking their 111, and our 152 ammo racks him. Our 103 pumps some damage and I tell him to back up around the hill as I'm coming down and see the 704 getting swarmed.  I take note that our rhino is headed down to beach area as well.

As the rhino and I approach the bottom, our IS7 has flexed and I advise him to watch our flanks while we go beach.  The reds all tried to go low, presumably go get out of the ISU's fire from the hill.  Perfect.  Their cent platoon and a 103 jsut charge around the corner at our still full health 103.  And meet myself and the rhino.  By this time I got a bit of tunnel vision and didn't see that our YELLOW/ORANGE tier 8 platoon is working well together and pushing the upper beach against an E5.  They do him quite well, and even pick off our leftovers.  Their 57 is a bit of an idiot and keeps peeking around the southern corner of beach and heats 2 BL10 rounds.  From ehre it's just mopping up.  I didn't keep much of an eye on the north, but I did see our IS4 tell our WZ scout a GJ, so i'm assuming they won the see and be seen battle.  Overall, I was QUITE impressed with a team of I think 1 other player over 50%, and If i remember correctly, most of them being orange and yellow.

Bravo lads, well played.

ZDvupge.png

Thank you, jtt4669at... Thank Jeebus your performance at the end was better than your stats AND your name.

I was absolutely owning the entire East side of Tundra covering the donut from the South. Too many dude broke through and I done got derped by a horribad E2... It left us with jtt4669at versus the E2, AT8, and the Chi-Nu...

And he did it. He totally did it. I almost cried.

Today's favorite pubbie is BIGRAT.  Actually, it's BlGRAT.  Lower case L, not upper case I.

32k games, and still 47.5%.  But who cares?  Not Deus.  Deus ran out of fucks to give.

Lowe match, as part of my WN8 experiment.  A few tier 10s on each side, including my new rat friend in his blasphemous Conqueror Incredible Nutsack Carrier.   I take up a middle north-ish position on Fjord, and proceed to get Lowe.  I'm having a grand time, dodging an auto-aiming 50 100 and performing tophat surgery on an E4.  I even managed to kill an IS-7 that was killing our T95.  All was good, until the enemy GW Tiger shit on me for all but 32 of my points of hitting.  And now the E4, perforated tophat and all, was mobile and far too interested in making a snack of of me.  I put a half aimed, half pubbie-power-snapshot into the E4, but it did not kill him dead.  That was when RAT was all like, "Aw hell naw!" and took a giant shit on the E4. 

The match was still very close.  We had been behind for most of it.  South was failing.  I had 32 hp and couldn't push, but our far north force was making progress.  My platoon mate, a militaristic lagomorph of some renown, was overwhelmed on the south point while our Tortoise parked in the back doing a lot of nothing.  Well, he complained about bad ping, but I'm sure he didn't care about that before hitting the battle button, and I'm sure the hit the battle button again after the match. 

With the north push finally happening, I had a chance to push across and get some damage in.  Eventually, the KV-4 I was shooting decided that he should do something other than point his turret away from me.  It would have been a matter of luck to see who got the next shot in, but I was squishier than him, and still reloading, and then RAT made him dead.  The only enemies alive at that point were on the other side of the map, so I limped into cap while our Tort kept saying something about his ping.  A short time later, BOOM!  RAT "accidentally" killed our worthless Tortoise! 

Well played, you glorious rodent.  Well played.

Today's favorite pubbie is BIGRAT.  Actually, it's BlGRAT.  Lower case L, not upper case I.

32k games, and still 47.5%.  But who cares?  Not Deus.  Deus ran out of fucks to give.

Lowe match, as part of my WN8 experiment.  A few tier 10s on each side, including my new rat friend in his blasphemous Conqueror Incredible Nutsack Carrier.   I take up a middle north-ish position on Fjord, and proceed to get Lowe.  I'm having a grand time, dodging an auto-aiming 50 100 and performing tophat surgery on an E4.  I even managed to kill an IS-7 that was killing our T95.  All was good, until the enemy GW Tiger shit on me for all but 32 of my points of hitting.  And now the E4, perforated tophat and all, was mobile and far too interested in making a snack of of me.  I put a half aimed, half pubbie-power-snapshot into the E4, but it did not kill him dead.  That was when RAT was all like, "Aw hell naw!" and took a giant shit on the E4. 

The match was still very close.  We had been behind for most of it.  South was failing.  I had 32 hp and couldn't push, but our far north force was making progress.  My platoon mate, a militaristic lagomorph of some renown, was overwhelmed on the south point while our Tortoise parked in the back doing a lot of nothing.  Well, he complained about bad ping, but I'm sure he didn't care about that before hitting the battle button, and I'm sure the hit the battle button again after the match. 

With the north push finally happening, I had a chance to push across and get some damage in.  Eventually, the KV-4 I was shooting decided that he should do something other than point his turret away from me.  It would have been a matter of luck to see who got the next shot in, but I was squishier than him, and still reloading, and then RAT made him dead.  The only enemies alive at that point were on the other side of the map, so I limped into cap while our Tort kept saying something about his ping.  A short time later, BOOM!  RAT "accidentally" killed our worthless Tortoise! 

Well played, you glorious rodent.  Well played.

Magnificent

This isn't a pubbie praise, he's a good player so it probably means little coming from the likes of me, but I would like to praise toe_fungi for what well qualifies as down-right-fucking-awesome. Thank you for this uber-carry and few lulz, too. Your medals are well deserved for this one.

iZA4jr3.png

Replay (skip ahead to ~6min mark):

http://wotreplays.com/site/523516?secret=095aad7b776ac3cf78949d75d1ff8ea9

This isn't a pubbie praise, he's a good player so it probably means little from the likes of me, but I would like to praise toe_fungi for what well qualifies as down-right-fucking-awesome. Thank you for this uber-carry and few lulz, too. Your medals are well deserved for this one.

iZA4jr3.png

Replay (skip ahead to ~6min mark):

http://wotreplays.com/site/523516?secret=095aad7b776ac3cf78949d75d1ff8ea9

Haha!  Now that was great.  Nothing like a ram kill to end it off in style when you run out of shells.  Well done by Toe-fungi!

hvj9csZ.jpg

I would like to thank sapopepe for staying alive, with full HP, until end-game... I would also like to give a shout-out to soya1325 for being an awesome scout.

South spawn on South Coast, I take the sniper perch atop the peak at H5... Or try to; I'm not used to the Rhoomba's ANYTHING yet, so I fail to get there as quickly as I want to. Then, as I start to get to my spot, an enemy T71 come barreling down the middle and lights EVERYONE up. We lose the ARL 44, and the V39 before the little bugger is destroyed. The enemy team derp rushes everywhere and our team is in complete disarray. The town gets absolutely flooded with red dots and I try, in vain, to kill them all before they done killed us. I failed. By the time to town is clear we're down 4-9... But we come back.

The enemy trickles into our cap and I take care of a T29 while my buddies polish off the IS3. All that's left of the enemy is now their Rhoomba and their BP. Our T71 valiantly tries to light them up for us from the southern approaches, but get's blowed up by the Rhm. I finish off the TD and then advance from the South with our T69 coming up from the West. I start up the final ramp to their cap when the BP just rolls into me guns ablaze. I get a shot off but he destroys me. The final blow was done by sapopepe securing the victory.

Thanks guys!

I'd like to praise my team of reds.. For carrying me like a boss after i derped. They took all the right positions and steamrolled the enemy team while i watched in amazement.

C3qi2Sj.jpg

I'd like to praise my team of reds.. For carrying me like a boss after i derped. They took all the right positions and steamrolled the enemy team while i watched in amazement.

C3qi2Sj.jpg

haha, dat red, this is a real Red Army :D

haha, dat red, this is a real Red Army :D

Yup.. And the truly sad part is that my 53% 52% (fml)  scrublord self has been top player on *both* teams for about half of my last 20 games, in which i saw 2 blues and one purple. And no.., I kid you not.

Not that it matters though.. I skilfully manage to fk up most of these matches and seem to only perform good when i'm bottom tier fodder.

And mind you, this is all on EU2! I can't even imagine what would happen if i logged on to *shudders* EU1.. Deep dark red seas of Siemka..

Yup.. And the truly sad part is that my 53% 52% (fml)  scrublord self has been top player on *both* teams for about half of my last 20 games, in which i saw 2 blues and one purple. And no.., I kid you not.

Not that it matters though.. I skilfully manage to fk up most of these matches and seem to only perform good when i'm bottom tier fodder.

And mind you, this is all on EU2! I can't even imagine what would happen if i logged on to *shudders* EU1.. Deep dark red seas of Siemka..

yeah, Eu1 is even worse as Eu2 -.-

I would like to praise two GWP players for their extraordinary tanking display despite all assumptions.

I know what you are thinking:

1pYlBvC.gif

But look at this!

KTLrXlZ.png

n5YTlUv.png

YbyYr1X.png

I shall never again use the phrase: "You can tell a unicum to play like a red, but you cannot tell a red to play like a unicum".

Here's to the both of you:

bFu75.gif

Would like to praise titan100 in his T34, as my carry ability started failing he picked up the slack and started deadifying the enemy...
JkGSxTU.jpg

Would like to praise titan100 in his T34, as my carry ability started failing he picked up the slack and started deadifying the enemy...

JkGSxTU.jpg

that name looks familiar.  I do believe he carried my potato self after a 5k dmg 704 game where the rest of the team did like 2k total, and he comes out of nowhere and busts out like a 3k dmg pwnfest

I'd like to praise tucker1179 for his play in his AMX 50b last night.  Playing Northwest East spawn I pushed to A2 in my Batchat but had no support behind me so I stopped and spotted/tapped the medium and scout that took position at A1.  I was pinned and not able to contribute much and they were slowly realizing I was alone.  Then an enemy IS7 appeared on A1 aiming to get up to A2 - likely leading to my demise - when tucker1179 blew in the road below and unloaded on the IS7.

As soon as he appeared I pushed over top of the IS7 allowing me to empty my clip in his rear killing him.  We both pushed up A1 and down towards the west cap.  We won and I had my top damage game in my batchat but both wouldn't have happened without his initiative.   He took offense at a T57 emptying his clip at him and then jumping off a cliff so tucker1179 followed him, ending his game (and the T57s), but that still didn't change how much of an affect he had on the game.

YRlNNYe.jpg

northwest-france-bat-chatillon-25-t-2716

Made an account for the sole purpose of giving a shout out to PubWhisperer [sIMP].  (Sorry no cool gifs or anything).

I was in one of my first tier IX games the other night and this guy kindly and politely organized the battle for our side, specifically giving me instruction on where to go and what to do.  It was a very cool experience receiving guidance from a much better but still very courteous player.  Thanks!

UnarmedSoldier (212A), daimionmichael (GW Tiger), and Silent_Sins (GW Tiger P) collectively deserve mention for providing outstanding fire support in a Redshire match. Our team started out on the south side so I took my IS-4 to G5 and a T54E1 + T71 headed west towards J1. I kept getting spotted and shot at from somewhere on the 1 line and couldn't counter-spot which was concerning. Then our T54E1 spotted an enemy T57 Heavy and the rain of fire commenced. Once the T57 died I was able to start working my way along the ridgeline. Whatever targets popped up were quickly flattened by a combination of direct and indirect fire.

Here's the replay if you're interested in seeing how it played out.

52efe4de9c81a5758b010000.jpg

Check this out:

eQgiPib.jpg

This Random Pubbie, with 900 games, that I had never met before came and Asked for some Advice on the Cromwell. we called me all sorts of things, like I was a tanking god of some sort, I was amazed. here is someone that is willing enough to get better that he actually asks someone in an ingame PM for some help. I was actually really happy. Naturally, I tried the best I could to explain how I play it, but Im really terrible at teaching/explaining how to play tanks. I gave it my best go however. and he hung on to every word, he even copy pasted it down for himself to re-read later. I was really pleased, that means there is one less pubbie who doesn't care, or doesn't want to learn. because im [email protected], and im really not as good as he made out I was, I first Referenced him to Allurai for some better Info (so I'm sorry Allurai if you get a random PM from this guy...) and then to Wotlabs. tbh this is one of the most pleasing moments of this nature that I have seen in this game.

Kudos to him to reaching out and wanting to improve.

EDIT: also, ignore Wotlabs chat. I forgot to minimize it when i took the SS

Made an account for the sole purpose of giving a shout out to PubWhisperer [sIMP].  (Sorry no cool gifs or anything).

I was in one of my first tier IX games the other night and this guy kindly and politely organized the battle for our side, specifically giving me instruction on where to go and what to do.  It was a very cool experience receiving guidance from a much better but still very courteous player.  Thanks!

Awesome!  Love those kinds of events.

I feel it's my duty to name and praise... Allurai! I was in my tortoise on El Haluf and he was in his arty. After I killed his last platoon mate he not only gave up his location but came to me so I could kill him for the win. There was only 2 minutes left on the clock and he easily could have hidden for a draw (or our red arty in a lorr could have killed him but what are the chances of that happening?) 

Thanks for being a good fella Allurai <3

I like to name & praise 2 players in different matches:

Razarac2012 playing his IS-3 in this Malinovka game

Malinovka Hill is Ours!

A group of enemy meds take Malinovka hill, but I (KV-4) & him (IS-3) push them back & kill them (granted tiger II did help too,till he yolo's to the front & dies). Then we claim the hill and hold out agains the enemy heavies who came to support their now dead mediums.

Was an enjoyable 'King of the Hill' match. Couldn't have done it without this IS-3 player.

Second I like to praise is Zepphyr, playing his T34 to it's strengths & taking advantage of my ability to taunt the enemy to focus attention on me.

T34 whips out over 7K damage!

Sand river, assault mode (we're the defense) Our team guards west, just a few guard east (among them, my KV-4 & Zepphyr's T34) Main enemy assualt marches in through east. I taunt the enemy to hit my KV-4. Zepphyr masterfully takes advantage of what I'm doing and whips out the hurt to anyone who pops out to shoot at me.

This game of me going *Hit me, Hit me if you can!* and his *Come, just try to hurt him, I dare you!* play keeps on going till the match ends. Very sure, if there was no timer, we'd had m all mopped up.

This were two very enjoyable games, thanks to these teamplayers who knew what to do with a KV-4 around and playing to the strengths of their tanks!

Mountain Pass, South Spawn. 

The game had settled into a stalemate at all four choke points, but we were going to lose because both our T28s hadn't moved 50 yrds from spawn (Zlito hid in the bushes behind spawn and never moved all game).

SniperVT in his ELC and I were on the valley ramp, trying to keep the enemy T30 guarding the area lit. I was down to 600hp so I couldn't make the first move.

Suddenly SniperVT pings me and tells me to follow him. He charges over the top and gets plastered by the T30 but in exchange I clip the T30 and break out into their backfield, ending the stalemate. 

I immediately thank him for his sacrifice and he tells me he "did it for the team."

SniperVT got fuck all for WN8 or silver for this game but it would be a great shame for his self-less, game winning sacrifice to go unrecognized. 

If only every other 50%, 778 WN8 player had this team first attitude. What a joy this game would be to play. 

35ioo7q.jpg

I haven't really played the game in a while since I played another MMO and have RL obligations, but last night i popped in for a game and got quite surprised. The game was on Pearl River and I was in my stock T-34-85 (only 122mm derp researched). Most of my team went to the chokepoint and got obliterated. I followed a friendly T-34 around the mountains and then he got shot by a KV1S, lighting him on fire and killing him outright. I have no idea how, but I managed to outmanouver the KV1S around the T-34s wreck making him donk 2-3 od his shots and killing him. By then most of our team was dead, there was an arty, a JpzIV, a KV1s and me with the arty and a 0 dmg KV1 telling everyone that they are noobs and similar (they were red ofc).

The arty got picked of by a Hellcat and it was like 3 v 7. Then I got surprised. The Jpz and KV1S (who was a ~500 wn8 red) were in the valley and actually LISTENED when I told them to push the valley because there is only a lone KV1 there. They did and nailed him without dying. I managed to one shot the Hellcat and T40 while being at less than 100 health. In the end we swooped around, picked of the rest and capped.

2DG84h6.jpg