Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

National voice transcription / translation

11 posts in this topic

So... any native speakers willing to post a list of what my tank commanders are shouting at me exactly?

There doesn't seem to be a complete list yet, so let's give it a go! :smug:

Uhh... I would assume they're yelling the same thing as US tank commander is but in other language...?

It's all about the details: I'm losing sleep over the question what the hell "AH DE HO!" means exactly! And whatever that huge sentence is when you bounce on someone. =D

I can understand the Germans and Frenchies, but they'd be nice to include for the sake of completion. I'm not a native speaker so I will probably get some details wrong if I post them myself.

As far as I can tell, there are significant differences. My favorite is still "Wirkungstreffer" in the German version. You won't find that in many dictionaries.

It's all about the details: I'm losing sleep over the question what the hell "AH DE HO!" means exactly! And whatever that huge sentence is when you bounce on someone. =D

I can understand the Germans and Frenchies, but they'd be nice to include for the sake of completion. I'm not a native speaker so I will probably get some details wrong if I post them myself.

That means "Good hit!". I don't remember the non-penetration message.

They're saying "We didn't penetrate their armor.", literally word for word in Chinese. They probably gave this list, which they had in Russian and English, "That one bounced!" etc and had them translated for voice actors.

They're saying "We didn't penetrate their armor.", literally word for word in Chinese. They probably gave this list, which they had in Russian and English, "That one bounced!" etc and had them translated for voice actors.

Oh, well that's kind of boring. I was hoping they got a little bit more creative with it. =(

At least they have the "angry Chinese guy" thing going! But I don't know how accurate his accent is.

Some of the german ones (my german is pretty awful; I'm sure Folter or someone can give a more accurate translation):

Der ging voll durch ihre Panzerung = That one went right through their armor

Der ging nicht durch = That one didn't go through,

Erwischt/Wir haben sie= Got 'em!

Abpraller = richochet/bounced

Das muss weh tun = That's gotta hurt

Auf gehts/bewegung = Let's go

Wir haben sie nich angekratz = We didn't even scratch em.

The russian voices are really distorted for me, but the one's I can sort of make out (my spelling is almost certainly wrong):

нет попадане (nyet popadan-yeah) = didn't penetrate them?

something something рикошет (rikoshet) = ricochet

в бой (vee boyee) = let's go?

and these one's I tried transcribing but I have no clue what the actual words are:

бой ничимаица (boy nichimaitsa or something)

равидиет (ravidyet) = penetration?

I am sometimes confused by the two Russian "armor pierced" messages:

The first is simply "pravidyet", but the second is "nyet pravidyet". Seeing as "nyet" = no, doesn't that mean different things?

Sign in to follow this