Worstpoaster_na

Why is the E4 So Mediocere?

37 posts in this topic

Wait what? I had always worked on the assumption that the E4 was a superb OP vehicle, like an E100 with a gun on steroids and obsoleted the E5

Wait what? I had always worked on the assumption that the E4 was a superb OP vehicle, like an E100 with a gun on steroids and obsoleted the E5

You and me both. Damn Kewei and his salesmanship!

the problem with the E4 was the 7.5 version was super OP for good players, then they nerfed the crap out of it.

Basicaly this, It was so good armor so good, it could play as a heavy instead of a TD.

Because its inferior to the E100 in every way apart from the fact that it has APCR instead of HEAT and slightly better dpm.

Want a good TD? Get an E100.

Blurples gonna blurp. Here's why and when you use the E4 over E-100, in order of importance:

+ LOL APCR -- perfect for slicing through other bricks

+ Smaller footprint, easier to stack, peekaboom, and so on particularly in groups

+ Can actually snipe

- Armor is fairly soft

And the E-100 has:

+ 500 HP

+ much better sidescraping

+ Can roleplay as a war criminal in clam wars

- Ghetto gun, very large

In clam wars, penetrating and hitting where you aim on every shot is key.  The E-100 will fail at times.  Stacking 4 E4s into a push where only 3 E-100s can fit can be the difference in lolsplatting your first target vs. leaving him wounded as you stumble around each other.  The E4 can fire accurately at range, giving you support fire in a pinch.  The E-100 is like throwing snowballs and trying to hit a moving brat at 100m.  Sure, the E-100 is better at being hit...but if your goal is to hit the reds instead of let them hit you, E4 has a role.

Sold the E4. Having an E3, 268, WT E-100, and E-100 there was literally never a time I felt like playing the E4 over one of those tanks.

It just doesn't have a defining strength that makes it shine.

As far as I can tell, the E4 is closer to an E100's playstyle than the E5's. I'm curios as to why you say its like an E5? :)

because E100 requires a short distance of engagement. E4 doesn't need that. Picture if you will an enemy IS-4 moving 200m away from you sideways to u. What do you do as an E100? You can maybe guess the approximate location, but you'll miss a lot at that range against moving targets. What if he stops? What if he turns? Your shell speed is shit. And even if you do hit, your shot will get fizzled into tracks more than half the time. This applies to the tracks of many tier 10s. Basically, any engagement that's not entirely short-range is better on the E4.

E4 can perform in any scenario. Vision control map? ok I'll play like a TD. Pure city map? Ok I'll play like an E5, but better. My lights are lighting things? Ok I can snipe from far. Shit my heavies are in trouble? I have a turret and can makeshift a heavy.

E100 isn't nearly as flexible in what it can accomplish. Sure, E3 is better in some circumstances. Sure E100 is better in some circumstances. But E4, imo, can jack-of-all-trades it better than anything else.

It just doesn't have a defining strength that makes it shine.

Indeed. It's not like it's the only tier 10 TD with a turret and a conventional gun.

:biglaugh:

Blurples gonna blurp. Here's why and when you use the E4 over E-100, in order of importance:

+ LOL APCR -- perfect for slicing through other bricks

+ Smaller footprint, easier to stack, peekaboom, and so on particularly in groups

+ Can actually snipe

- Armor is fairly soft

And the E-100 has:

+ 500 HP

+ much better sidescraping

+ Can roleplay as a war criminal in clam wars

- Ghetto gun, very large

In clam wars, penetrating and hitting where you aim on every shot is key.  The E-100 will fail at times.  Stacking 4 E4s into a push where only 3 E-100s can fit can be the difference in lolsplatting your first target vs. leaving him wounded as you stumble around each other.  The E4 can fire accurately at range, giving you support fire in a pinch.  The E-100 is like throwing snowballs and trying to hit a moving brat at 100m.  Sure, the E-100 is better at being hit...but if your goal is to hit the reds instead of let them hit you, E4 has a role.

because E100 requires a short distance of engagement. E4 doesn't need that. Picture if you will an enemy IS-4 moving 200m away from you sideways to u. What do you do as an E100? You can maybe guess the approximate location, but you'll miss a lot at that range against moving targets. What if he stops? What if he turns? Your shell speed is shit. And even if you do hit, your shot will get fizzled into tracks more than half the time. This applies to the tracks of many tier 10s. Basically, any engagement that's not entirely short-range is better on the E4.

E4 can perform in any scenario. Vision control map? ok I'll play like a TD. Pure city map? Ok I'll play like an E5, but better. My lights are lighting things? Ok I can snipe from far. Shit my heavies are in trouble? I have a turret and can makeshift a heavy.

E100 isn't nearly as flexible in what it can accomplish. Sure, E3 is better in some circumstances. Sure E100 is better in some circumstances. But E4, imo, can jack-of-all-trades it better than anything else.

Fair enough.

Also, Garbad if you could choose 2 US tier 10s (apart from the E5) which would you take? I have a couple crews I need to find homes for. 

Fair enough.

Also, Garbad if you could choose 2 US tier 10s (apart from the E5) which would you take? I have a couple crews I need to find homes for. 

T57 and E3 you baddie.

I have three US crews, and I own a T57, an E4, and a medium (currently in M60, waiting for new US med line or maybe buy back T69).

so guys do you reckon its still ok to use a e4 as a hybrid even though they nerfed 100 dmg, i find that taking a massive hit away from it ,

i also think e4 has trolish amor at times

so guys do you reckon its still ok to use a e4 as a hybrid even though they nerfed 100 dmg, i find that taking a massive hit away from it ,

i also think e4 has trolish amor at times

The answer, based on above feedback, would appear to be yes.

Even with 100 less damage and nerfs, the E4 is nowhere close to being a trash-tank.