Close
Photo

T69 - Equipment and crew skills

t69 crew skills equipment

Best Answer CraBeatOff , 12 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

Although my T69 performances are not terribly impressive, I really like the tank, and have kept it. 

Vents or Optics is almost a preference or style choice. I personally run optics, because I value the ability to vision control a map and close games with spotting advantages. However, I run vents on the T54E1, because the accuracy and reload improvements are needed. 

Your choice of repair I think should be all or nothing (or at least 3 members).

Fwiw, sit awareness and recon do LESS for extending effective spotting advantages than camo does. They improve spotting distances by 2 or 3%, whereas camo crew skills decrease the enemy ability to spot you much further. The T69 has base camo values of 8.5% when still and 5.7% when moving. A full camo crew would extend that by about 50% more, so 12.75% and 8.55%, which is not a negligible amount. 

The T69 has decent ground resistance values, but also decent traverse, so I don't find the driver skills (off-road, clutch)  to be of highest priority compared to either camo or repair. The hull bloom is high though, so Smooth Ride is an option. 

I have, knock wood, never caught fire in the T69, and have run gas or cola as my 3rd consumable depending on how ballin' ass rich I felt. 

edit:

Mine has a kinda ghetto crew, salvaged off the M4 and T29. 

Commander: 6th, Repair, Camo (40% or so)

Gunner: Snap-shot, repair (80%)

Driver: Smooth-ride, repair (80%)

Loader: Safe-stowage, repair (60%)

GLD, Vert Stab, Optics

When grinding it, I used:

Small repair, Small first aid, 100 gas

Now that its elite and I only play it for occasional doubles, super glass cannon:

Large Repair, 105 gas, Cola

It punishes pubs: http://wotreplays.co...-crabeatoff-t69

edit2: Antonio, go study. Do you want/need me to RO you until finals are over?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 oohayrr

oohayrr

Saving Ryan's Privates

• Verified Tanker [EU]
  • 133 posts
  • Server: EU

Tanker Stats
rirarumpel [DEFA]

54.65%

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

First of all, I discovered this forum yesterday and already read and learned a ton. Thanks so much everyone of you.

BTT: 

I am not a 100% sure about my crew's skills and the equipment for the T69.

Equipment reads as follows: 

Vertical Stabilizer, GLD, Vents (should i switch Vents with optics?)

My crew is at 75% of the 3rd skill and picked so far are:

Commander: BIA, Sixth Sense, Sit Aw.

Gunner: BIA, Snap Shot, Rep

Driver: BIA, Smooth Ride, Clutch

Loader: BIA, Rep, Camo

Are these skills well picked?

I have often read that most(?) of you prefer Off Road over Smooth Ride, is this the case for the T69 as well? 

One last thing:

My perception is that a T69 does not catch fire often . Would it then be better to switch extinguisher with a large rep kit? Would cola be even better?

Thank you so much in advance!

Tomatos carrying me since '12

#2 AntonioHandsome

AntonioHandsome

RIP Chair

• Purple Poaster
  • 1,608 posts
  • Server: NA

Tanker Stats
AntonioHandsome [FNC]

71.51%

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

I'm also close to getting one. Here's what I'd do:

VertStab GLD Coated (for pubs)/Vents (for tournaments)

3 skills crew:

Commander: BiA, Sixth Sense, Camouflage

Gunner: BiA, Designated Target, Camouflage

Driver: BiA, Smooth Ride, Camouflage

Loader: BiA, Safe Stowage, Camouflage

Depending on how often the T69 would catch fire, I'd run double repair kit or not. If it doesn't, just go for a normal set up, though again, I'd strictly recommend the double repair kit if you aren't running any Repairs skills at all.

Once I actually get it, I might swap Coated for Vents and swap Designated Target for Snap Shot and whatnot, but I think this is how I'm going to play my T69, personally.

quote my posts, it notifies me.

#3 CraBeatOff

CraBeatOff

Tryhard Pedant

• Head Moderator
  • 2,503 posts
  • LocationThe Seafood Buffet

Tanker Stats
CrabEatOff

64.82%

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:16 PM   Best Answer

Although my T69 performances are not terribly impressive, I really like the tank, and have kept it. 

Vents or Optics is almost a preference or style choice. I personally run optics, because I value the ability to vision control a map and close games with spotting advantages. However, I run vents on the T54E1, because the accuracy and reload improvements are needed. 

Your choice of repair I think should be all or nothing (or at least 3 members).

Fwiw, sit awareness and recon do LESS for extending effective spotting advantages than camo does. They improve spotting distances by 2 or 3%, whereas camo crew skills decrease the enemy ability to spot you much further. The T69 has base camo values of 8.5% when still and 5.7% when moving. A full camo crew would extend that by about 50% more, so 12.75% and 8.55%, which is not a negligible amount. 

The T69 has decent ground resistance values, but also decent traverse, so I don't find the driver skills (off-road, clutch)  to be of highest priority compared to either camo or repair. The hull bloom is high though, so Smooth Ride is an option. 

I have, knock wood, never caught fire in the T69, and have run gas or cola as my 3rd consumable depending on how ballin' ass rich I felt. 

edit:

Mine has a kinda ghetto crew, salvaged off the M4 and T29. 

Commander: 6th, Repair, Camo (40% or so)

Gunner: Snap-shot, repair (80%)

Driver: Smooth-ride, repair (80%)

Loader: Safe-stowage, repair (60%)

GLD, Vert Stab, Optics

When grinding it, I used:

Small repair, Small first aid, 100 gas

Now that its elite and I only play it for occasional doubles, super glass cannon:

Large Repair, 105 gas, Cola

It punishes pubs: http://wotreplays.co...-crabeatoff-t69

edit2: Antonio, go study. Do you want/need me to RO you until finals are over?

Edited by CraBeatOff, 12 June 2013 - 12:29 PM.
added personal T69 loadout

Arty and TDs both promote(d) the same meta. I hate that meta.

#4 AntonioHandsome

AntonioHandsome

RIP Chair

• Purple Poaster
  • 1,608 posts

Tanker Stats
AntonioHandsome [FNC]

71.51%

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

This is my break, newb.

You raise a valid point. I might make it 50% camo 50% repairs 3rd skill once it hits 90%. Using a Large Repair Kits also helps with faster repairs. Although I really need a 4 skills crew for this. I'll probably keep things as they are on my original post, and select full repairs for the 4th skill.

#5 CarbonWard

CarbonWard

Tests New Guns on Allies

• Purple Poaster
  • 959 posts

Tanker Stats
CarbonWard [-G-]

67.67%

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Commander: 6th, BiA, Repair

Gunner: BiA, Repair, Snap Shot

Driver: BiA, Repair, Smooth Ride

Loader: BiA, Safe Stowage, Repair

I would use GLD, VS and Vent for equipment and Large Med, Repair Kit and Cola in Slow 4,5,6 respectively.

I generally like to put repair in 5 because it is easier to repair tracks that way, whenever im tracked, i press 5 twice and im free.

Now offering Tutoring and other related services, PM for info.

signature.png

#6 CraBeatOff

CraBeatOff

Tryhard Pedant

• Head Moderator
  • 2,503 posts
  • LocationThe Seafood Buffet

Tanker Stats
CrabEatOff

64.82%

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

Indeed a 4 skill crew would be nice. I only have a single 4 skill crew, and it went from the T110E5 to the T54E1!

Per CarbonWard, I do actually waffle between Large Med and 105 gas, I feel, although I have no data, that the passive bonuses from the Large Med are really excellent. And of course repair goes in slot 5. 

Arty and TDs both promote(d) the same meta. I hate that meta.

#7 oohayrr

oohayrr

Saving Ryan's Privates

• Verified Tanker [EU]
  • 133 posts

Tanker Stats
rirarumpel [DEFA]

54.65%

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

To you who did not choose clutch/off road: I have the feeling that the tank seems not agile enough to pass on at least one of them. but - as you can clearly see by my stats - it might be that i just don't play the tank the right way.
In that regard: The T69 engine gets nerfed by -50hp. Does this change your opinion about offroad/clutch as the t69's agility will suffer even more?

@Antonio especially:

You choose designated target as a skill, why? Is it because as was said earlier, one crew member trained in repairs makes virtually no difference? It's kind of an odd question but will your playstyle on the t69 be more like a scout or is d.t. your choice because you want to have a better clue about what is going on on the battlefield?

#8 oohayrr

oohayrr

Saving Ryan's Privates

• Verified Tanker [EU]
  • 133 posts

Tanker Stats
rirarumpel [DEFA]

54.65%

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

As my ppost is awaiting approval and i cannot edit it yet, probably the moderator can edit this part into my previous post:

What about the camo changes in 8.6? As far as i understood their is no multiplicative effect anymore but an additive effect. Does this change your preference in camo over other skills?

#9 AntonioHandsome

AntonioHandsome

RIP Chair

• Purple Poaster
  • 1,608 posts

Tanker Stats
AntonioHandsome [FNC]

71.51%

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

To you who did not choose clutch/off road: I have the feeling that the tank seems not agile enough to pass on at least one of them. but - as you can clearly see by my stats - it might be that i just don't play the tank the right way.
In that regard: The T69 engine gets nerfed by -50hp. Does this change your opinion about offroad/clutch as the t69's agility will suffer even more?

@Antonio especially:

You choose designated target as a skill, why? Is it because as was said earlier, one crew member trained in repairs makes virtually no difference? It's kind of an odd question but will your playstyle on the t69 be more like a scout or is d.t. your choice because you want to have a better clue about what is going on on the battlefield?

T69 gets a respectable ˜17 hp/t power weight ratio. Off-road is probably not needed, seeing that keeping your bloom reduced would go first in an autoloader.

As for Designated Target, if you couple this perk with coated optics, once you are spotting and back off from a bushed position, you can keep your target lit for 2 extra seconds, which gives you enough time to fire, readjust and fire again until you empty your clip without guesstimating where you'll have to aim the last shot at. I've found this perk to help me accomplish my long rage shooting better.

As my ppost is awaiting approval and i cannot edit it yet, probably the moderator can edit this part into my previous post:
What about the camo changes in 8.6? As far as i understood their is no multiplicative effect anymore but an additive effect. Does this change your preference in camo over other skills?

Camo skill is not affected by the new changes and remains multiplicative if I recall correctly, only bushes, camo net and camo paint offers now an additive effect. Camo is still one of the most important skills for a medium, atlhough, due to its size, T69 might not need full camo after all, I'll have to test.

#10 iczyje

iczyje

Fascist Box Tank Enthusiast

• Verified Tanker [NA]
  • 79 posts

Tanker Stats
iczyje [ACES]

55.21%

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Hmm...I'm thinking of getting a T69 sometime in the future (depends on whether or not I'm able to get an M60 to grind crew on -- since I plan to keep the T71 as well)..

Anyways, for a 3 skill crew (I doubt I'd ever hit 4),

if I went BIA and perk/skill for the first 2, would camo be better or rep?  -- assume running 2 repair kits.

or

would it be better to go BIA, 6th and the rest camo, and then repair for 3rd?  --or is the perks of snap shot, safe stowage, etc, more necessary?

#11 AntonioHandsome

AntonioHandsome

RIP Chair

• Purple Poaster
  • 1,608 posts

Tanker Stats
AntonioHandsome [FNC]

71.51%

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Those are kind of necessary, especially since in my experience, T69 is made of ammo racks.

#12 monster415

monster415

Arty Protector

• Verified Tanker [NA]
  • 24 posts

Tanker Stats
GameIsRigged [OTTER]

58.72%

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

One interesting thing I decided to experiment with was Deadeye on such a rapid fire/reload platform as the T69. 3% bonus to chance of critical damage might not be much or worthwhile on paper, but if you continuously pump out shots every 25s it could potentially add up. So far I'm quite enjoying the added bonus, though I would highly recommend only considering it once you hit your 4th skill.

Also, preventive maintenance + Cola is highly expensive to run in pubs, but makes the tank shine even more.

signature.png

#13 WhiskeyJack_

WhiskeyJack_

Clicks Frequently

• Verified Tanker [NA]
  • 933 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

I havn't decided about re-adjusting out of camo for my T69 yet, I really need to get in a training room and test the effectiveness of it. But I'd say safe stowage is a big one to grab once you have two skills, BiA when you hit three, and go for at least two repairs. I havn't played with Designated Target yet but I can see the appeal, especially while running Optics and functioning as a mid range scout.

Posted Image
Grinds: T30, T54E1, OBJ704, T-54, IS-8, E-50, 110, 50100, M40/43, WZ-132

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: t69, crew, skills, equipment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users