TommyNole

Where is Crabeatoff?

47 posts in this topic

i suggest you dont take up a new carreer in singing, you nearly made my screen crack with that. :-/

Imagine it with okeanos voice too.

[CRINGING INTENSIFIES]

I would ragequit the game if I had to play with sr every day too

Would you like me to invite Sneaky Bugger and Assassin_M18 to a platoon and play with them daily?

i suggest you dont take up a new carreer in singing, you nearly made my screen crack with that. :-/

[CRINGING INTENSIFIES]

HEY!

I'll have you know I sing Taylor Swift beautifully.

Would you like me to invite Sneaky Bugger and Assassin_M18 to a platoon and play with them daily?

You know sneaky isn't actually bad at tanks, and if you played m18s then assassin wouldn't be too bad either...better get abcisyouandme to 1v1 for you too and then you'd have a pretty gud team

You know sneaky isn't actually bad at tanks, and if you played m18s then assassin wouldn't be too bad either...better get abcisyouandme to 1v1 for you too and then you'd have a pretty gud team

Welp, I have been informed by Sneaky and AssAssIn as well as abc/Ali that they all have better stats that me. Unfortunately, I'm not sure they will accept my invites and carry me.

I iz teh sads.

[CRINGING INTENSIFIES]

I can't since I have never actually heard him speak :-/ (unofficial request to platoon with okeano to hear you speak :P)

Well I did hear okeano sound today (platoon with him today :3c)

I guess he can sing well

<sadness> all the light tank gurus are disappearing.

<tips out a glass> for Crab, jacg

Learnt a lot from those guys

"You know sneaky isn't actually bad at tanks,"

When he is not yelling bizarre Brit curses, and referring to all his teammates as ^$%&(#

I can't since I have never actually heard him speak :-/ (unofficial request to platoon with okeano to hear you speak :P)

Meh. Its all "Ching Chang Wing Wong I like penis".

He emailed me just the other day. I don't think he is ever coming back.

He did play a few games a week or so ago, since then hasn't been able to find time or inclination

Awwwwwwwwwwww, that sucks. I never got the chance to toon with him. Oh well.

Mes amis, had to necro this thread.

I was going through some old files and found my writeup of Crab's tanking tenets from a while ago when Crab mentored me. All of these have been talked about many times at various spots on this site, but I think it's a great little cheat sheet for those working to get their footing in this game. Hell, I even had this printed out by my computer for a while as I went from green/blue to blurple... PM me if you need a word doc link. 

Crab, hope you are well buddy. Much gratitude. 

Mechanics

1     area control - using armor and hp to create an advantage to deny or take space

2     vision control - the same but with camo viewrange

3     mobility - same but with speed, usually combined with 1

The above 3 require familiarity or precise knowledge of: armor values @ given angles, pen of your tank, pen of enemy tanks gun, view range (w/ and w/o equip), camo values, bush and hard cover locations and the speeds with which enemy tanks can or could reach given locations

Firing

More depth on effective armor angles, overmatch, shell type pen drop-off, heat through spaced armor, tracking for damage, modules - particularly engines & ammo racks

Firing from Draw/Full Camo>Exposure> Armor reliance>First Strike>Outright trading HP

Tactics

Temporal

• Tank reading & initial deployment - employing the mobility mechanics into an advantage or to execute area control
  • Early spots and shots - scout or not? assessing the enemy and own team scouts, depending on your speed/camo or the importance of a given area
  • Mid/game/reaction/conservation - handled in game but basically if the game is going well, don't trade hp conserver them to close the match, if you identify a major tactical need, DO IT, your pubbies won't
  • Mop up or clutch - if you are blowing out the enemy, mop up hard, anticipate enemy positions and get there to whore the dmg, otherwise hopefully you saved some hp and can clutch with your superior knowledge of their positions and your skills

Advanced tactics:

• Decline the bad engagement

Simple to say, hard to practice. Do not engage if the enemy has the advantage

• Tank counting
  • Location deduction

Using/taking advantage of the team’s spots or your own. Where are the unspotted tanks likely to be?

• 2 stage spotting dependency

Light or lead them into/for your team's guns

Defensive: When you are spotted, know where you can be shot from even if not by the spotter. Position yourself based on where your team is spotting to get draw-range/camo shots, seeing what your teammate sees and taking advantage.

(Negative version: where your teammates are not dying is safe- for now!)

Relocation-Flanking-Load gold

• Based on the 2 stage analysis, count, location:
  • Is flanking safe?
  • Do you need to relocate?
  • Is the frontal engagement acceptable but requiring premium ammo?

Arty safe:

Stay invisible, spot together (multiple targets)*, hard cover, spot time/break vision, traverse, wiggle-wiggle, armor orientation

*this applies whenever possible

Reading the mind of the enemy:

Zoom out/seeing the gun/not peeking into the gun

Dodging like the matrix

Knowing aim-times can help you make last second movements to change your armor angle to the shell, or make it miss altogether (T110E5 cupola is a great example)

Baiting shots

Intentionally showing bad players a hard to pen surface...reverse angling is a common example, but not the only option

Reload counting

Combined with either of the prior 2 advantage creations, you can get much more damage out, for little return

Habit formation:

• Mental state – Know your condition. Tired, drunk, angry do not translate into elite stats.  Nothing wrong with this, but keep your condition in mind and set your expectations in line with your mental state.  Relax. Be patient with yourself and your team.
  • Recursive habit creation – Drill new habits consistently
  • Formative feedback – Seek replay reviews, discussion, criticism
  • Summative goal setting – How do your abstract goals translate into weekly/monthly ones? How do goals build on others?

EDIT: Maybe throw this up in a newbie resources section?