Intumesce

E-50/E-50 M Fan Club

1,500 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

@DirtyACE7 your feelings on the E-50 are my feelings. I'm good in plenty of tanks,  but not this one. 

This makes me feel better actually. Let's be shitlords together ;)

So, how about the E-50's 8.8 L/100 DPM buff? New alternative gun? Alpha too low? I theorycrafted a bit, and found that the highest DPM you could come with is 3.6k (rounded up from 3,563) which is absolutely bonkers. I'd seriously like to try the E-50 w/ the 8.8, but I only have the mini-Panther right now. Anyone got opinions on this understated change (what with the rebirth of the Maus)?

240 alpha is not enough on IX tier. No one with functional brain is playing Centurion 7/1 with 20 pounder gun after getting 105mm so in this case it will be the same.

1 hour ago, MacusFlash said:

240 alpha is not enough on IX tier. No one with functional brain is playing Centurion 7/1 with 20 pounder gun after getting 105mm so in this case it will be the same.

Because everyone is feared of 240 and double exposure :doge:

12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So, how about the E-50's 8.8 L/100 DPM buff? New alternative gun? Alpha too low? I theorycrafted a bit, and found that the highest DPM you could come with is 3.6k (rounded up from 3,563) which is absolutely bonkers. I'd seriously like to try the E-50 w/ the 8.8, but I only have the mini-Panther right now. Anyone got opinions on this understated change (what with the rebirth of the Maus)?

You also lose a hair of pen on gold, which is much more expensive per dmg done, btw.

Problem is that the tank is too slow to force the dpm on something like T-54. so, from trading shots winner (390 for 320), you end up losing that kind of battle.

If the tank is more mobile, maybe...right now, no way.

Seems like the new L/100 could be nice for people who ram a lot. (ram -> break tracks -> permatrack pretty much anything with the high ROF)

Otherwise, the price and effectiveness of APCR makes it less attractive.  It already has better gun handling and out-dpm(factoring in higher alpha) T-54, does it really need to trade alpha damage?

So with the E-50M on track this month, is it worth buying if you plan on keeping the E-50?

10 minutes ago, Nalok said:

So with the E-50M on track this month, is it worth buying if you plan on keeping the E-50?

Yes.

I had both tanks in garage for 2 years. I finally caved in and sold my E 50 after the physics buff (but stopped playing it after i got Skoda T50).

With the new Jap super-heavies, and all around powercreep, I think that 50 M holds better. Both got the -8 deg of frontal gun depression, and stronger mantlet this patch, but 50 m can use it more - it is much faster+HEAT, so it is still relevant.

E 50 is kinda hard to play right now if enemies simply have too many tanks you can not pen at all frontally (and too slow to flank), at least for my skill level.

I would keep E 50 with 88 l 100 just for lulz, and play 50 M for serious play.

The E50 is still a beast, even with all the super heavies rolling around. I certainly wouldn't sell it unless you really don't like it or it doesn't fit your play style. It is still one of the best all around tanks.

33 minutes ago, DirtyACE7 said:

The E50 is still a beast, even with all the super heavies rolling around. I certainly wouldn't sell it unless you really don't like it or it doesn't fit your play style. It is still one of the best all around tanks.

I'm definitely not selling the E-50. I'm still repairing the damage from it being my first tier 9, but loving it. Just wondering how much the E-50M is worth having in the garage next to the 50..

18 minutes ago, Nalok said:

I'm definitely not selling the E-50. I'm still repairing the damage from it being my first tier 9, but loving it. Just wondering how much the E-50M is worth having in the garage next to the 50..

I personally don't have the E-50M but will definitely be getting it during the on-track event later this month. It is a straight up improvement over the E-50. It has better armor, better mobility, APCR as standard ammo and HEAT as secondary. The only kind of a let down is somewhat lowish DPM but I don't think that's really much of a disadvantage in all honesty. The tank is just an all around better version of the E-50 which says a lot because the E-50 is already a fantastic tank to begin with.

10 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

I played it almost never, after the god-mode Skoda T50 rolled out, and I also have T-54 (and soon M46 Patton).

I like both more than E 50, but in tier 10 i have just E 50 M and 62 A, which is used only for clan battles. Not seeing a point in having most of tier 10 meds, since good tier 9s like Skoda or T54 are almost just as capable, just a tier lower.

Tier 10 belongs to heavies, anyway, and 50 M is still relevant, especially after the E5 cupola nerf - it can finally deal with them on even footing, even with silver ammo.

Although to tell the truth, T-10 is even better than T-54, almost just as fast, more armor all around, big gun, and even 10 m more view range. :gachi:.

I kinda love heaviums more than true heavies or true meds, and perform the best in them (WZ 111 1-4, T-10, E-50 M, Patriot...). Skoda T 50 is an exception, since it is so OP even a scrub of me can perform more than decent.

OK correct me if I am wrong but didn´t WG reduce frontal transmission damage from some german tanks a long time ago? Did they put that shit back in the game or what? Just saw SirFoch taking double frontal engine damage in his E50. I don´t remember it taking frontal engine damage when I played it... do I remember wrong?

30 minutes ago, TohtoriP said:

OK correct me if I am wrong but didn´t WG reduce frontal transmission damage from some german tanks a long time ago? Did they put that shit back in the game or what? Just saw SirFoch taking double frontal engine damage in his E50. I don´t remember it taking frontal engine damage when I played it... do I remember wrong?

WG removed the fire chance for hits to transmission (lower glacis) for German tanks Tier 8 and above maybe two years ago. You will still take engine damage frontally, it just won't set you on fire.

The E50M does not have an engine/transmission hit box in front, and so will not suffer engine damage from frontal hits.

E50 still will.

I just got this tank and I am in love.  I was able to free xp the turret and engine and I find the (ridiculously) long 88 to be very workable.  With it, this tank is like a fast JT88 with a turret and is a tracking machine.

The long 88 is much better since the buff but still somewhat of a novelty for the E 50. The 105 is still king and on top of it it is also lighter which makes your ground resistance better than with the long 88. It's not a big difference but still a difference.

So bought teh E50M tonight, hate it so far. 

Gun seems like it's hte one on the IS6.

But part of that's been bad teams, and finding myself the sole focus of arty for some reason (seriously- I'm green, average at best, why is arty focusing me rather than the Grille, who's spotted 20 meters away from me?)

But, question-

Is it worth training camo on this? Crew has BIA., some other second skill, 100% Repair. The tank does seem to get spotted from space,but I have zero camo on my crew, and the paint job is factory grey. Don't need it to be invisible, but does training camo and putting paint on it get me to the point I'm not spotted from across the map when I'm not firing? Really just wondering if I should train camo or safe stowage/some driver and gunner skill.

(

On 3/25/2017 at 2:33 AM, Canadian_Reaper said:

So bought teh E50M tonight, hate it so far. 

Gun seems like it's hte one on the IS6.

But part of that's been bad teams, and finding myself the sole focus of arty for some reason (seriously- I'm green, average at best, why is arty focusing me rather than the Grille, who's spotted 20 meters away from me?)

But, question-

Is it worth training camo on this? Crew has BIA., some other second skill, 100% Repair. The tank does seem to get spotted from space,but I have zero camo on my crew, and the paint job is factory grey. Don't need it to be invisible, but does training camo and putting paint on it get me to the point I'm not spotted from across the map when I'm not firing? Really just wondering if I should train camo or safe stowage/some driver and gunner skill.

(

Put paint first. Feel the difference...it is not 7.4% but 10.4...worth it...I have about  50% overall camo, and that is about 15% camo on the move (only thing that matters, you camp bush if you are not moving). Highest you can get is 17.5%.

now, crew camo will give you about twice as much.

I have Camo as my 4th skill, after BIA/rep/vision/gunnery skills.

If you are not using meth chocolate, you are doing it wrong. Tier 9 gun handling and dpm makes you easy meat in dogfights...that is why the gun feels derpy - but if you aim all the way in, and play T62 afterwards, hovermeds feel derpy with 0.34 vs 0.3.

But choco+vision skills lets you burn more camo from enemies...on shit base camo tanks, SIA+recon are worth more than camo on those ppl.

Safe stowage is 2nd perk on loader, just after BIA (and before camo).

You can always play safe and stay away from vision games if having shit crew...and that means less than 450-460 m VR in randoms.

On 3/27/2017 at 7:08 PM, Felicius said:

Put paint first. Feel the difference...it is not 7.4% but 10.4...worth it...I have about  50% overall camo, and that is about 15% camo on the move (only thing that matters, you camp bush if you are not moving). Highest you can get is 17.5%.

now, crew camo will give you about twice as much.

I have Camo as my 4th skill, after BIA/rep/vision/gunnery skills.

If you are not using meth chocolate, you are doing it wrong. Tier 9 gun handling and dpm makes you easy meat in dogfights...that is why the gun feels derpy - but if you aim all the way in, and play T62 afterwards, hovermeds feel derpy with 0.34 vs 0.3.

But choco+vision skills lets you burn more camo from enemies...on shit base camo tanks, SIA+recon are worth more than camo on those ppl.

Safe stowage is 2nd perk on loader, just after BIA (and before camo).

You can always play safe and stay away from vision games if having shit crew...and that means less than 450-460 m VR in randoms.

Thanks!

Yeah tried some camo and rearranged some crew skills to give me more camo, definitely makes a difference (I get spotted less on my way to camp bush)

And the food does seem to have more effect on the gun handling than i thought it would.

Really the problem is me though, I keep thinking "I have armor, I can totally brawl with this". and then sit around getting shot waiting for my gun to reload.

The stupid thing is,I know I can't out DPM a T62, and yet I keep trying to do it..

On 3/29/2017 at 2:08 AM, Canadian_Reaper said:

Thanks!

Yeah tried some camo and rearranged some crew skills to give me more camo, definitely makes a difference (I get spotted less on my way to camp bush)

And the food does seem to have more effect on the gun handling than i thought it would.

Really the problem is me though, I keep thinking "I have armor, I can totally brawl with this". and then sit around getting shot waiting for my gun to reload.

The stupid thing is,I know I can't out DPM a T62, and yet I keep trying to do it..

Armor was important on E 50 (in a tier 9 battle), on M it is more of an protection at range (not in a brawl) + stronger lfp makes short dashes in the open safer.

M is more about speed (and better traverse, so wiggle more), and better shells. HEAT is here to kill heavies who have worse gun handling than you (and after E5 armor nerf you can hit that tank at range you are safe), with meds you should trade shots...but s an last resort. Against t-62 A (if he is not hulldown, of course - if he is, just give up) try sidescraping, and now you have -8 frontal gun depression. Try getting into positions you can shoot on Soviet tanks, and they can not shoot back.

besides, E 50 could both out-dpm and out alpha T-54 (bigger alpha, same dpm, more pre-loaded dmg, you get one bounce at least)...M can not out-dpm tier 10 hovermeds...

Sweet spot of armor use is 200-300 m (if not chai sniping), you can still nail weakspots (especially with food, while enemies will have a hard time hitting the tiny turret+mantlet is strong, and post HD is larger. 

Sidescrape is very sensitive thing to do. Just 80 mm armor means a few degrees wrong angle, and you are cheese.

Food helps with mobility quite a lot. 1200 horese is quite a lot, but bad ground resistance (much worse than on E 50), so food makes driver skills go up, especially in combo with ORD.

Optics or vents? Or do you run vents + food?

On 3/30/2017 at 11:32 AM, crapcannon said:

Optics or vents? Or do you run vents + food?

optics+food

I don't know is it me or they really hurt E-50 with HD remodel. Every fuckin idiot pens me with most retarded snaps. I won't mention 122 going through LFP like butter.