Intumesce

E-50/E-50 M Fan Club

1,524 posts in this topic

Thanks WG on reusable consumables, this thing is ammo rack/engine on wheels. Like I'm driving a chinese tank. :doge:

Anyway session (trying to finish MT-15.3 for a friend)...

yaNwTHl.jpg

nQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpgnQm32HM.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stoped playing for roughly 6 months, come back to my beloved E-50. Fells like a tier IX Panther II (a tank with worthless armor)  with more alpha. What the fuck? (been grinding the british heavys and i bounce more in my fucking black prince). At least i don't care about the bastardized 50M i never liked it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

e50m is shit, was always shit, and will always be shit.

For some reason this forum has a diehard e50m fanclub despite the fact its huge, sluggish, no frontal armor, side armor is the exact same as RU meds, and hull movement softstats are the exact same as the oj430 which is awful. Everything about its armor is RNG, and prem ammo butters the upper plate.

Could be worse tho, it could be a leo1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never liked the 50m, but the 50 was beatiful, i go penned through the UFP with regular apcr (from a pta). I've bounced a shit ton of TDs with that same plate. The fuck Wargaming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nkrlz said:

I never liked the 50m, but the 50 was beatiful, i go penned through the UFP with regular apcr (from a pta). I've bounced a shit ton of TDs with that same plate. The fuck Wargaming?

RNG. 270 can roll up to 330ish so that will pounch trough.

E50 lost some of frontal armor few patches ago. Best best is quick poke without exposing too much of tank. Long time I ditched armor idea and just focused on laser gun and APCR spam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

RNG. 270 can roll up to 330ish so that will pounch trough.

E50 lost some of frontal armor few patches ago. Best best is quick poke without exposing too much of tank. Long time I ditched armor idea and just focused on laser gun and APCR spam. 

Do you mean the HD remodel or a literal reduction in thickness? (i just bounced 2 704 hits and a jagdtiger hit, the three of them with the UFP, World of Slotmachines FFS). Also i never spammed APCR from the tank, 220 more than enough, and 270 not enough to punch through the superheavys anyway. I have nothing against gold spam (i like my heaT-54 as much as anyone else) i never felt the necessity (unless you're grinding marks).

Just tried the extra-long 88, it's quite fun, and a way to make my most played tank feel different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nkrlz said:

Do you mean the HD remodel or a literal reduction in thickness? (i just bounced 2 704 hits and a jagdtiger hit, the three of them with the UFP, World of Slotmachines FFS). Also i never spammed APCR from the tank, 220 more than enough, and 270 not enough to punch through the superheavys anyway. I have nothing against gold spam (i like my heaT-54 as much as anyone else) i never felt the necessity (unless you're grinding marks).

Just tried the extra-long 88, it's quite fun, and a way to make my most played tank feel different.

I tink it lost some effective thickness in HD remodel, i must check. 

APCR because of speed and 270 is better than 220. 

Long88 doesn’t cut it for me because of exposure. 

Sure it can bounce but i hate roll the dice. I’m not saying it’s paper but it’s not Maus strong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, I recently started playing again some WoT after a 1-year break that I took to gain back my mental sanity. I'm here so that clearly didn't work.
I felt like I wanted to start some new line and back in the days one of the tanks I always looked forward to play was the E 50 M but is it still worth it?
The whole line seems a bit 2015ish, E50 and E50 M had decent armor back then, not HT levels but surely decent, is this still a thing? Of course I don't expect this two guys to play as heavies but to rely on armor a bit more than for the occasional bounce. Like to manage ower tiers. In this E50 seems a bit better thant 50M because of course you can bully a t8 in a t9 more than you can bully a t9 in a t10. Also turret seems awful.

My thought is that I should take the crew (witch is not total trash) I'm using to grind this line and put them in the Maus line. I never play that line because it was before the buffs and I went directly to the E100, also 100.01, Mauschen and Maus seem a lot more noob fiendly and I need that since in this year a forgot a lot and could use something confortable to play. Only problem is Tiger P, I'm not sure my body is ready to endure such a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The E50 is still a good tank (far from it's glory days, but decent), i never liked the M and nowadays it's pointless to play it. Go with the Maus line tier 8 upwards it's retard proof, you just can't flex but with the current meta it's not important really (and i'm telling you this even though the 50 is, by far, my most played tank 400 extra battles over the 2nd one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or the e50m is underrated? I mean the dpm is poor but that accuracy with 330 HEAT that goes at 1,2km/s looks amazing and the gun handling is good for what I remember from SB. I mean yeah the armour is autopen for HEAT, unless using the gundepression, but who cares? Tell me what medium has reliable armour if even 62As get penned in the turret? The 907? But even that gets wrecked by HEAT. And the armour is good enough to bully any tier 8/9 that have apcr as premium or any tier non td tank, who has not heat loaded which is what you should be looking for in a medium, not bullshit Maus protection. 

TL;DR: I dont think it is as bad as people say and I was thinking about grinding it, I'd like to know your guys opinion, for both random and cw meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Armor is actually not autopen for HEAT on the 50m. It bounces off alarmingly often if angles are involved on the UFP, and gun mantle that covers center of the turret just eat HEAT shells. It's one of the few meds that you can't engage carelessly with 22 toward center of mass or center of hull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hally said:

Armor is actually not autopen for HEAT on the 50m. It bounces off alarmingly often if angles are involved on the UFP, and gun mantle that covers center of the turret just eat HEAT shells. It's one of the few meds that you can't engage carelessly with 22 toward center of mass or center of hull.

True but the turret loses the side ricochet values (on flat ground) although the mantlet is very very strong. 

But this proves my point about the armour being not  totally useless and  it can act as an extra hp pool. I do not understand why people complain that this tank does not have enough armour for tier ten battles. What do they expect from a medium?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

True but the turret loses the side ricochet values (on flat ground) although the mantlet is very very strong. 

Yeah sadly this happened when the tank went HD. The turret cheeks went from ~50% chance to pen (flat ground, looking at the turret dead on) to ~90% with 330 HEAT. Tank's also a bit bigger and UPF a tiny bit weaker (6-7% higher chance to pen, again 330 HEAT).

Old model on the left vs new on the right

E50M.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After some time (only a handful of battles since template MM), I decided to play some E50 - turned into a 3-marking session.

I think the word that describes tank the best is "comfortable". I don't recall a single match where I felt there is no position I can go to to have an impact on the match. The tank has downsides, ofcourse, the speed, lower pen, and turret armor. However, neither of these weaknesses is major enough to ruin the tank.

The mobility is mostly managable if you have good map awareness and know where you need to be next. The turret, while weak, is not autopen, people do not autospam gold at you when they see you hulldown, and thanks to handling and decent depression you can minimize exposure. The pen - thanks to the MM, you are not really forced to fight superheavies too often, I think in 20 battles I engaged Maus twice, once in lategame cleanup. While the pen is definitely a downside, you can just do so many things with a tank that it really does not matter that much.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the 50 (unlocked but never bought the M), but I found the sluggishness frustrating at times.  I was never actually good in it, barely mediocre, but I think part of this was my mistaken perception of how to play the tank.  I tried to play it too often as a pocket heavy instead of more of a support tank.  While it can definitely bully the hell out of 7s and 8s, at same tier or above I think that, were I to play it again, I'd play it more passively and work more on limiting exposure.  I'd also stay farther from the front lines, b/c with that sloth-like acceleration it takes too long to withdraw if you're outnumbered by the push, and one thing this tank is NOT good at is facing a swarm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So equipment wise on the E-50 I've always run rammer/vents/vert stab with food. You guys reckon with the good gun handling its worth dropping either the vert stab or the vents for optics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nalok said:

So equipment wise on the E-50 I've always run rammer/vents/vert stab with food. You guys reckon with the good gun handling its worth dropping either the vert stab or the vents for optics?

If you want optics, drop vents. No need for dropping VSTAB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nalok said:

So equipment wise on the E-50 I've always run rammer/vents/vert stab with food. You guys reckon with the good gun handling its worth dropping either the vert stab or the vents for optics?

Dropping a vert stab (or rammer) is a cardinal sin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Dropping a vert stab (or rammer) is a cardinal sin.

I agree that I'd normally never drop vert stab (and I haven't on any tank that can mount it), just wondering if the E-50 could get away with it with a good crew and food. Guess I might drop the vents ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nalok said:

I agree that I'd normally never drop vert stab (and I haven't on any tank that can mount it), just wondering if the E-50 could get away with it with a good crew and food. Guess I might drop the vents ;)

 

The highlight of E50 is not only the default gun handling but when it is paired with a vert stab. That's when it becomes truly awesome. Yeah drop vents if you want to but to be honest I'd keep them unless your crew doesn't have any vision perks yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, as a person looking at potential tanks to grind this year - if I choose this line do you guys suggest I just stop at tier 9?  I'm actually fine with doing that, I have several tier 9s that I prefer to their tier X counterparts (T-10 and T30 come to mind).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

So, as a person looking at potential tanks to grind this year - if I choose this line do you guys suggest I just stop at tier 9?  I'm actually fine with doing that, I have several tier 9s that I prefer to their tier X counterparts (T-10 and T30 come to mind).  

I've seen a lot of folks claim the E50 is stronger tier for tier than the E50M, but I think it's mainly down to the fairly massive power gap between the tanks you bully at tier 7 vs 8. I'm right there with you on the T30 though, I love that thing. Wish I'd got the chance to play it as a tier 10 heavy. I've never regretted selling the E50 for the E50M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

So, as a person looking at potential tanks to grind this year - if I choose this line do you guys suggest I just stop at tier 9?  I'm actually fine with doing that, I have several tier 9s that I prefer to their tier X counterparts (T-10 and T30 come to mind).  

Of all the tier X tanks I have bought, all were way less fun to play and I regretted buying them, except 3 - Maus (after the 1st superbuff), Type 5 heavy (same), and E 50 M. 

MM is shit way too often without HEAT. My stance on this was the same a year ago, but armor creep (and physics change) made E 50 continuously less enjoyable to play. Now that the T54 has a accurate gun, why bother? It got armor buff, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.