Rexxie

T28 "Appreciation" Thread

161 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2017 at 11:55 PM, bigrebone said:

I'm grinding it out to get to the T-30. Just unlocked the big gun on it.

Quoting someone from 2013 is an all-time necro. :)  I also think you may have meant to post in the T-28 Prototype thread...

On 9/4/2017 at 6:31 PM, Tanager said:

Quoting someone from 2013 is an all-time necro. :)  I also think you may have meant to post in the T-28 Prototype thread...

I thought this was the T-28 prototype thread.  My bad.

Tier 8 is still cancer, but this is such a good gun on the rare occasion when you don't see tier 10s.  Its got more DPM and better gun handling then an M103 with basically the same gun. When its bad its pretty bad, but when its good, man its a lot nicer than the new nerfed ISU.  I'll be glad to get past the T28, but its not been awful.

On 9/21/2017 at 0:35 PM, Archaic_One said:

Tier 8 is still cancer, but this is such a good gun on the rare occasion when you don't see tier 10s.  Its got more DPM and better gun handling then an M103 with basically the same gun. When its bad its pretty bad, but when its good, man its a lot nicer than the new nerfed ISU.  I'll be glad to get past the T28, but its not been awful.

I was glad to get past it, but it was by no means a horrible grind.  Fully upgraded you can really belt out the damage.  But now I have to save up for a doom turtle...

On 9/27/2017 at 3:33 PM, Tanager said:

I was glad to get past it, but it was by no means a horrible grind.  Fully upgraded you can really belt out the damage.  But now I have to save up for a doom turtle...

It's been horrible so far (only 18 games, but most of those fully upgraded), the tank is still so slow, that half of the games just goes by when trying to get where action is. Not to mention it's 80% of tier 10 games where this armor means shit and you can't even reliably snipe with that gun.  Should probably start using only APCR in tier 10 games, would make sniping a lot easier (pen and velocity).

This tank is dogshit, it is a downgrade from the t25at. I'd rather have the tier 7 at tier 8 with the 120 than this trash. The t25at is a monster on hill maps (Westfield), even in tier 9 games,  this is trash not even good enough to burn because of how toxic it is. The only good part is that it will never make me go close to super slow tanks. 

I am not Jesus I do not need to suffer for WG mistakes. 

So is this tank any good for the TD missions? I had a spare US crew so I put them in T25 AT and I should be able to get the T28 relatively soon for me. Is it any better than it was pre 1.0 with the new physics or worse off?

On 4/20/2018 at 7:02 AM, RGM79GM said:

So is this tank any good for the TD missions? I had a spare US crew so I put them in T25 AT and I should be able to get the T28 relatively soon for me. Is it any better than it was pre 1.0 with the new physics or worse off?

A lot of TD missions are about being unspotted undamaged so assault guns with armor are bad for it. Go for Swedish wedges or something else that good at camo sniping

On 4/22/2018 at 5:31 AM, hazzgar said:

A lot of TD missions are about being unspotted undamaged so assault guns with armor are bad for it. Go for Swedish wedges or something else that good at camo sniping

The T25 AT is better for the unspotted stuff, and it's frankly a hell of a lot more enjoyable to play.  High tier bush wookies are more of a Swedish/German (Grille line) thing.

OTOH, the T95 is pretty goddamned glorious, so it's worth grinding the line just to get a Doom Turtle.

On 4/23/2018 at 10:52 PM, Tanager said:

The T25 AT is better for the unspotted stuff, and it's frankly a hell of a lot more enjoyable to play.  High tier bush wookies are more of a Swedish/German (Grille line) thing.

OTOH, the T95 is pretty goddamned glorious, so it's worth grinding the line just to get a Doom Turtle.

T95 feels like pre nerf KV1S. It's a tank that just requires you to drive forward.