TheMarine0341

AMX 13 90 Fan Club

333 posts in this topic

13 90 is gud now, and 13 105 is even better!!

Most comfortable lights in the game, capable of dealing damage and scout without sacrificing anything..

I need to rebuy the 90 and finish the mark grind..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently running Optics, Binocs & V. Stab on it - after previously using Optics, Vents & EGLD.

Since I dropped the EGLD aiming at mid-long range is incredibly painful, but I can't really come up with an equipment setup that would suit my playstyle better.

For what it's worth, the V. Stab (obviously) does wonders when zooming around and picking up kills like a scavenger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Currently running Optics, Binocs & V. Stab on it - after previously using Optics, Vents & EGLD.

Since I dropped the EGLD aiming at mid-long range is incredibly painful, but I can't really come up with an equipment setup that would suit my playstyle better.

For what it's worth, the V. Stab (obviously) does wonders when zooming around and picking up kills like a scavenger.

I run Optics/VS/Vents. And I'm having a blast in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sr360 said:

I run Optics/VS/Vents. And I'm having a blast in it.

I take it you also have Recon + Sit. Awareness on your Commander? I still need to get Recon up to 100% and start grinding the Sit. Awareness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fedaykin89 said:

I take it you also have Recon + Sit. Awareness on your Commander? I still need to get Recon up to 100% and start grinding the Sit. Awareness

I have neither. I have a 4-skill crew, with commander having SOS/6th/camo/repairs.

I have several 2k+ xp replays up for the 13 90 on my replay page. Yeah the VR drop isn't great, but who cares when you can go zoom zoom boom boom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.05.2017 at 9:18 PM, Fedaykin89 said:

Currently running Optics, Binocs & V. Stab on it - after previously using Optics, Vents & EGLD.

Since I dropped the EGLD aiming at mid-long range is incredibly painful, but I can't really come up with an equipment setup that would suit my playstyle better.

For what it's worth, the V. Stab (obviously) does wonders when zooming around and picking up kills like a scavenger.

Binocs make no sense really. You have very good camo so enemy tanks will not spot you at 440, you will spot them at your VR though. All you need to do is find that sweet spot around 420-440m where enemies wont spot you but you will spot them.

And if there is a TD hidden in a thick bush binocs will rarely help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/05/2017 at 11:31 AM, hazzgar said:

Binocs make no sense really.

BS.

WG made sure that the 13 90 is almost completely blind without Sit. Awareness, Recon, Vents, BIA & Food.
You NEED Binocs without all that to be able to spot even a Type 4/5 Heavy at a decent range.
Not to mention that German, Chinese & Soviet LTs spot your from kingdom come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fedaykin89 said:

BS.

WG made sure that the 13 90 is almost completely blind without Sit. Awareness, Recon, Vents, BIA & Food.
You NEED Binocs without all that to be able to spot even a Type 4/5 Heavy at a decent range.
Not to mention that German, Chinese & Soviet LTs spot your from kingdom come.

Man you have no idea what you are talking about.

My 13 90 has only sit awareness at 70%. With food, optics and vents I have 457m view range. 13 90 also has one of the best camo ratings in the game. Not to mention Chinese and Soviet LT's dont outspot you. They have only 10m better view range. You also have better camo rating than most other tanks you are meeting so they don't spot you at their view range, you spot them at your view range. More view range would be nice but camo and agility means more for scouting than monster VR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Man you have no idea what you are talking about.

My 13 90 has only sit awareness at 70%. With food, optics and vents I have 457m view range. 13 90 also has one of the best camo ratings in the game. Not to mention Chinese and Soviet LT's dont outspot you. They have only 10m better view range. You also have better camo rating than most other tanks you are meeting so they don't spot you at their view range, you spot them at your view range. More view range would be nice but camo and agility means more for scouting than monster VR. 

I don't know what you're talking about, with SOS, Recon 78% & Optics I only get 434m, which is pathetic.
Can't afford having Vents with that piss poor view range, so I need Binos to burn through camo.

l.e.: At 493m view range with Binocs, now we're talking about spotting.
l.l.e.: right after this I jumped in my 13 90. On Stalingrad. Fucking lel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fedaykin89 said:

I don't know what you're talking about, with SOS, Recon 78% & Optics I only get 434m, which is pathetic.
Can't afford having Vents with that piss poor view range, so I need Binos to burn through camo.

1. I run OPTICS + VENTS (why the hell aren't you?)

2. I run food

3. What is SOS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sisterhood of Steel

Because I can't afford to trade Vents for Binocs with such piss-poor VR

As I said, all this talk about VR... and next thing I know I'm getting rushed by a Skorpion G on Stalincrap.

Fuck this tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Sisterhood of Steel

Because I can't afford to trade Vents for Binocs with such piss-poor VR

Using optics + binocs is silly. If you drop binocs you can use vents and optics. If you use food your view range will be amazing. Also yeah camo and mobility. Active scouting still works better than reach a risky bush first and hope to not die. Not to mention camo helps there more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Using optics + binocs is silly. If you drop binocs you can use vents and optics. If you use food your view range will be amazing. Also yeah camo and mobility. Active scouting still works better than reach a risky bush first and hope to not die. Not to mention camo helps there more.

It's not silly at all when WG neuters you at 370m base view range.

It makes the difference between spotting anything from the mid on Lakeville, for instance, or just going there and not being able to see anything.
Active scouting works for T49 and other derpy LTs. 13 90 can't afford an active role due to its autoloader nature, you need to preserve HP till late game.
So no, I'll take having 500m view range with Binocs, sitting in a bush, every day of the week. That is, on maps where you can actually find a spotting bush.

P.S. I WAS an advocate of using Vents & Optics. That is, until WG made 13 90 a Tier 9 blind mole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Binocs on a 13-90, lol no.  Its not a sit in a bush spotter, its a zoom zoom ninja spotter that kills stuff.  Optics work on every map, binocs maybe on 5-6 - until you get blind fired by a 4005.  I'll take ~430m VR at 60 kph over 500m VR sitting still any day.  Binocs are for Borsigs, hellcats, and cheapskate pubbies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why you take both. Binocs + Optics, and Vert Stab as 3rd. You still zoom, you still spot on the move, but have the extra view range on Mali, Prokh, Lakeville... You can't do much zoom-zooming at the start of the match anyway, this is not a 2011 version of T-50-2, so why not spot stuff from a bush?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fedaykin89 said:

It's not silly at all when WG neuters you at 370m base view range.

It makes the difference between spotting anything from the mid on Lakeville, for instance, or just going there and not being able to see anything.
Active scouting works for T49 and other derpy LTs. 13 90 can't afford an active role due to its autoloader nature, you need to preserve HP till late game.
So no, I'll take having 500m view range with Binocs, sitting in a bush, every day of the week. That is, on maps where you can actually find a spotting bush.

P.S. I WAS an advocate of using Vents & Optics. That is, until WG made 13 90 a Tier 9 blind mole.

380 base view range. Not 370. Also again I told you my VR. It is enough to spot heavies at 445 and meds will still be outspotted due to better camo

Also you don't understand what good active scouting is. It's not getting shot like a retarded person. It's driving but being aware of enemy firing lanes and always knowing where the cover is so as soon as you suspect (not when 6th lights up) you are spotted you hide behind cover.

 

Also again you yourself post the problem with your tactic. You need to find a bush that is good for spotting. How many maps have those ? 3 ? Some of them like that bush on fiery silent are useful only from 1 side and you still get more dmg from surfing mid. Don't know about you but I still get more spotting done in my 13 90 than my t9-10 meds

3 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Binocs on a 13-90, lol no.  Its not a sit in a bush spotter, its a zoom zoom ninja spotter that kills stuff.  Optics work on every map, binocs maybe on 5-6 - until you get blind fired by a 4005.  I'll take ~430m VR at 60 kph over 500m VR sitting still any day.  Binocs are for Borsigs, hellcats, and cheapskate pubbies.

This. I waste hesh rounds in my fv just for that. It happens waaay too often that I hit. Damn he is lucky arty got nerfed since now sitting in the bush is a bit less risky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost pulled this one out. A few more minutes in the game...

http://wotreplays.com/site/3632925#redshire-dualmaster333-amx_13_90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

Almost pulled this one out. A few more minutes in the game...

http://wotreplays.com/site/3632925#redshire-dualmaster333-amx_13_90

That hit ratio though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked this up a couple of nights ago. Shitty hit points, pen, dpm, base view range, and no armour. This tank is great. Proof that speed and camo can still count for something in WoT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all the tech tree tanks + personal missions. Also a select tier 9s of which 13 90 is one. This tank is by far the most fun pixel tenk I own. When it comes to fun factor not even FOTM 430U or v4 come close. I just went over 1000 games in it and I can see myself doing another 1000. Right combination of camo, burst, gun handling and mobility.

Running EGL, VertStab and Optics. BIA, SitAwareness and 54% recon. No food, view is 446. Might check out vents instead of EGL but Im used to this setup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesirott said:

I have all the tech tree tanks + personal missions. Also a select tier 9s of which 13 90 is one. This tank is by far the most fun pixel tenk I own. When it comes to fun factor not even FOTM 430U or v4 come close. I just went over 1000 games in it and I can see myself doing another 1000. Right combination of camo, burst, gun handling and mobility.

Running EGL, VertStab and Optics. BIA, SitAwareness and 54% recon. No food, view is 446. Might check out vents instead of EGL but Im used to this setup. 

Vents boosts both viewrange and camo factor, as well as lowering the initial bloom and giving extra aim time reduction. It may not be as good as an EGLD in pure aimtime reduction, but the other boosts make it superior as a package, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viewrange 445 is the only important benchmark for me, I consider anything above to have greatly diminishing returns. I will try vents just for comparison but I usually dont fix what aint broken :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vesirott said:

Viewrange 445 is the only important benchmark for me, I consider anything above to have greatly diminishing returns. I will try vents just for comparison but I usually dont fix what aint broken :)

Note: with a 100% crew...

It's interesting that the above noted set up (Case 1) provides a view range of 470 vice the quoted 446).   http://www.wotinfo.net/en/camo-calculator

If optics are dropped for vents and food, view range can be suppressed to 457 (Case 2) with a offsetting bonus to camo, gun handling, and maneuverability.  The difference in spotting each other (Case 1 vs Case 2) is less than 0.5 meters stationary or moving and 10 meters when firing. 

If optics are dropped for vents only, view range can be suppressed to 437 (Case 3) with a offsetting bonus to camo, gun handling, and maneuverability.  The difference in spotting each other (Case 1 vs Case 3) is 17 meters stationary or moving and 29 meters when firing. 

There is no doubt that increased view range pierces/negates camo but at what point those differences affect game play (is 303m vs 299 significant?) and offers diminishing returns is more of a play style choice.  Some tanks scout with view range and some scout with camo (e.g. LTG, Even 90) to offset the base view range differences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vesirott said:

Viewrange 445 is the only important benchmark for me, I consider anything above to have greatly diminishing returns. I will try vents just for comparison but I usually dont fix what aint broken :)

Note: with a 100% crew...

It's interesting that the above noted set up (Case 1) provides a view range of 470 vice the quoted 446).   http://www.wotinfo.net/en/camo-calculator

If optics are dropped for vents and food, view range can be suppressed to 457 (Case 2) with a offsetting bonus to camo, gun handling, and maneuverability.  The difference in spotting each other (Case 1 vs Case 2) is less than 0.5 meters stationary or moving and 10 meters when firing. 

If optics are dropped for vents only, view range can be suppressed to 437 (Case 3) with a offsetting bonus to camo, gun handling, and maneuverability.  The difference in spotting each other (Case 1 vs Case 3) is 17 meters stationary or moving and 29 meters when firing. 

There is no doubt that increased view range pierces/negates camo but at what point those differences affect game play (is 303m vs 299 significant?) and offers diminishing returns is more of a play style choice.  Some tanks scout with view range and some scout with camo (e.g. LTG, Even 90) to offset the base view range differences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.