Sign in to follow this  
Roku

PetCo 1$/Gallon Aquarium Sale 3/30 - 4/12

13 posts in this topic

PetCo just started up its $1/gallon aquarium sale again (on the aquarium only, no equipment included). If you need another tank or have wanted to get into the hobby, now is a good time to do it :) Not all PetCo stores run the sale at the same time but it tends to be pretty close.

Sale is on tanks up to 55 gallons. If you've never had an aquarium before I recommend getting a 40 Breeder or 55 - contrary to the popular belief among novices, it's actually easier to maintain a sound larger tank. I hate to use the term "leeway" in reference to the lives of my aquatic friends, but that's essentially what it amounts to. It's harder to kill your fish with water chemistry in 55 gallons than it is 10, speaking very generally.

Of course, you still need the rest of the equipment, but you're basically saving ~50% or more on the tank itself. Brands vary by store - they had Tetra and Aqueon where I am. I prefer the thicker glass of the Aqueon tanks.

Git you some fish!

KDoNgFs.jpg

The real question is how many gallons can you get out of him for a dollar before you have to call the sale off?

O HO HO!

Inb4 Buneh makes a subclam "FISHY"

FML, no choice but to join if they do.

The last thing I need is another (fish)tank....I just dropped $300 on corals for the two I have.

Pity I'm not good enough to join a FISHY clan, but I can definitely provide a few gallons of tears, the way I have been playing lately.  ;)

This is great, need to upgrade our turtles to a bigger tank and 55 gallons for $55 bucks sounds great compared to what I see sometimes. +1 OP

This seems like a good place to mention that if anyone in the NOVA area wants to take a 55gal tank (currently fitted out for hermit crabs) off my hands, I would be quite happy to hear about it.

Thought this was the most brilliant recruiting thread ever then????

Your expression;

Gimme_a_Kiss_by_Jubokko.jpg