HippoLeif

AMX 12t Appreciation Thread

60 posts in this topic

I know this tank gets a lot of hate, but personally I love it.

2 replays

https://www.mediafire.com/?e8fexm9qaijm31d Airfield game, I died but I made a big contribution.

https://www.mediafire.com/?e8fexm9qaijm31d Less impressive, but the game right after so I thought I would post it.

I don't have sixth sense yet, but this tank is a beast! Deals out more than 600 damage the majority of clips and has a fast reload. What more could you ask for? :tongue:  

Discuss....

Slow, gun has terrible pen, lack of speed does not allow for effective flanking, lack of pen does not allow for effective engagements with anything but other lights, low hp screws over, slowness allows for it to be easily destroyed.

12t was good. then it became tier 6. tier 5 12t wasn't bad

I don't have any replays of it that I can find, but I remember having some great games in it. Even as a 48% w/r player at the time, soloing the 12t, I managed a 54% w/r. Although it is somewhat mediocre, especially compared to the real life version with 2 6-round drums that could fired one after the other, it still is an okay little tank.

I think that the reason why most people hate it is because it doesn't have the firepower in its drum to kill most of its enemies, doesn't have the speed to active scout, and has French armor.

However, it has great camo for passive scouting, is excellent at finishing off wounded enemies, and can unload its drum very quickly without having to spend too much time aiming after each shot, which is great for popping up behind a distracted enemy, unloading, and running away, then reloading the drum very fast (for a French autoloader LT, ~20 seconds), and doing that to another enemy. Doing that at the right moment to a dangerous enemy heavy can sometimes change the course of a game, in the same way that a Roomba can create localized supremacy by crippling several enemies on a big flank.

I found it not to be that slow, it retains its speed nicely, its just getting there. The only real complaints I have with it is low gun elevation, and lack of ammo (had 2 rounds left to carry a game vs a 200 hp arty and 100 hp medium)

Has anyone watched the replays yet? Maybe I play it different?

Idk, I played that tank back when it was a t5 and still hated it. Just what do you like about it?

What I like about it is the fact that is fast enough to get around the map, and has a great drum. You can easily put out most of your clip in someones side. Then 20 seconds later do it again to someone else. Also, its a great tank for knocking out alone tanks in the end game.

just got through this tank, it was a little lacking but it had its moments. I'm enjoying the 75 more now that i got it due to its similar mm and how it fixes a lot of the 12t weakness like depression, aimtime etc. it's not amazing but workable and fairly fun

Things I remember about this tank (Tier 5)

1. Ran out of ammo in a Tier 8 game, made me cri

2. Had to look for rocks on the map, so I could actually elevate the gun

12t is awesome.

Then again, I'm currently playing through a T21

I've just finished the 12t and comapred to other t6 LTs it's awesome. I used octane to overcome the poor acceleration. Yes the low ammo count is annoying (but so few games does it become an issue).

Stats-wise the expected dmg is so low, that put in just over a clip a game and you're unicum wn8. 

Amx 12t is God in every way.

my stats in amx 12t and 13 75 and I dont know why I suck at 13 75 :sad: . 

frlvKrB.png

Well, let me start by saying im no scout player...

The AMX12t certainly isn't awesome.... However, the camo is ok, the clip reload for 6 shots is only like 19 seconds, which is amazing. I DO fire all gold in it, so the pen is fine. I find the speed, agility and general lack of gun control to make playing as an active scout pretty unsuccessful, so I tend to snipe in mine - which it does more than adequately.

The thing that brings a smile to my face playing this tank is the ludicrously low expected stats on it with WN8. Oh I did 800 damage? I'm a unicum again. Really...?

I have had some of the best games i've ever had (WN8) in this tank. I think 15k is my best, but i've had several above 13k... It seems I can get above 2k damage relatively often on this tank, and that just gives heaps of WN8 - and I need all the help I can get!

I actually enjoyed the 12t both on my initial noob grind through the line and on my recent re-exploration of the 12t and 13 75. Both solid light tanks, a little above average due to the clip advantage. It's just mobile enough to perform light tank duties and makes a great passive scout and end-game flanker/cleanup tank.

Another replay for people who want to watch AMX 12t Fun.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/781351#self

Edit: This was a tier 9 game on Erlenberg that I helped my team to win by playing the 12t as a longer range flanker and sniper. I like to abuse bushes and camo in between me and my targets.

What I like about it is the fact that is fast enough to get around the map, and has a great drum. You can easily put out most of your clip in someones side. Then 20 seconds later do it again to someone else. Also, its a great tank for knocking out alone tanks in the end game.

It's the French A-20: Good power/weight ratio ruined by horrendous ground resistance. This worked out on American TDs because at least they have a good gun, the 12t does not.

It might have worked okay as a tier 5, but t6 light with the current MM (BT7-BT10)? No thanks. I played 60 games without 6th sense on it before skipping to the 13 75 - learned nothing to justify the pain.

Its gun is actually really good, you just have to use it in the right way.