rocketbrainsurgeon

Discussion: How did you get to your top-tier clan?

141 posts in this topic

----Got into the game just after Beta thanks to a *cough* friend *cough* Heretic_.  <- 2nd worst decision ever

----Played solo to a glorious 45% Wr 600ish wn8 in 5 k games

----Found WotLabs through dumb luck \ google ads 

+ pulled head out of ass, got to ~50ish% wr, 1300wn8 after 7k games

----Joined T-D(decent laid back \ social clan) never really "got into CW's"

----Met Alphabloom when he was MPC, he left MPC got into FOXEY.  Found him on WotLabs, asked "what's Foxey about?  Wanted CW's, needed something to do.  ATT had 11 CW viable tanks.

----Got into FOXEY, Stats rising, need to find way to keep improvement up.  Can maintain 60% wr, but wn8 is steady @ 2100.

Shfty©

-Started the game in beta, got few friends to start playing, near the end formed my own clan around me and my friends, LSD (ludicrous steel division), and played Ural Steel tournament with RI051 clan, finished 4th.

-When game launched LSD played some CW but that didnt last long as my group of friends went to party during weekends meaning that half of the clan would go afk.

-LSD merged with MHR (mafia HR), a Balkan clan with Croatian core, met some great players there, but still our numbers were to small for decent CW appearance

-MHR merged with DOW (dogs of war), another Balkan clan even thou LSD got invites to MUMMY (a sub clan for PTS), we gave DOW a month of 'trial period' to see if something good will come out of it. We left on day 30.

-LSD entered MUMMY as a package deal, meet a lot of good friends there of which many play today with me in KAZNA, had huge amounts of fun there

-slowly core MUMMY players transferred to PTS (partly because MUMMY was getting the same or better results than PTS in tournaments), once in PTS we had to work our way to become soldiers, unfortunately PTS was already then a sinking ship, the leadership was rotten and a lot of high ranking officers there were racist haters. LSD and friends, started playing with a group of players from a Balkan clan NOB (Nervozni Ortodoksni Bauk) that called themselves KAZNA KRU. They too were unhappy with their current clan and clan leadership and we formed a deal: To form a International clan with core of KAZNA KRU + LSD + friends from MUMMY/PTS. The day all LSD members got their soldier statuses in PTS we collectively left and joined newly formed clan called KAZNA. Both NOB and PTS fell apart shortly after.

-KAZNA grew and we became one of best clans on EU server, winning a lot of tournaments, having a lot of ESL teams and being a great CW clan too. Today we are known as good and decent competitors, usually working alone, never running from a  fight and being a jolly bunch IRL and on TS

LSD --> MHR --> DOW --> MUMMY --> PTS --> KAZNA

• Started playing like 2 years ago, was recommended by my best mate, as he started playing it. He's currently a yellow shitter.
  • Joined NOFUN in my first week of playing, where I meet a lot of great people, including Oneechan.
  • Took over commander role after creator died from game mechanics. (As in, boredom.)
  • Left before 2nd Campaign, as I was a full blown wehraboo and I wanted that VK7201
  • Joined EXN0M together with Oneechan and a 2nd mate from NOFUN. (2nd EXNOM clan)
  • Both of us left after the campaign was over due to not really enjoying clan wars. (Just takes too much fucking time, but I did get my tank. EXNOM/EXN0M also gained some infamy because of the Hall of Shame articles on FTR, which actually got me teamkilled one game.)
  • Did shortly thereafter join main EXNOM from invite, after their top players went to FAME. I guess I couldn't say no. - I'm told I was a recruiter there, but I have really no memory for that at all.
  • Was there for a week before it abruptly died, due to commander account being a secondary account that was shared, so all gold was stolen and clan disbanded. Or something like that.
  • Some of the EXNOM guys created R1SE, which is alive and kicking today as one of the top clans on EU.
  • Clan less for a short period before joining Oneechan's SAKI clan.
  • Started to frequent WoTLabs around here, if not earlier?
  • Left and created my own clan, NEET, due to boredom and sale on clan creation, mainly used as a safe haven for people I platooned with in NOFUN. (Oneechan also gave up tanks, so had not future in SAKI.)
  • Started platooning with people in the WoTLabs channel, and noticed some of them joined KITTY.
  • Decided to leave my NEET, for KITTY.
  • Found it was filled with Scandinavians like myself, so I basically joined a great community. Aww yeah.
  • Now we're doing 3rd Campaign, with what I would consider great success from a laidback non-cw clan.

NOFUN -> EXN0M -> EXNOM -> SAKI -> NEET -> KITTY

Joining a clan early really jumpstarted my winrate. There where also a couple of unicums that I played with, which passively helped me evolve and become a better player.

That's why joining a shitter-imfested national community early on hurts. A LOT.

That's why joining a shitter-imfested national community early on hurts. A LOT.

I also played for a national community, it was quite fun, sometimes the TC or CW tactics where ``special``, but all in all it wasnt that bad (it was when IS7 was main CW tank and gold ammo was rare, so with real pub skill you could do a lot, me and other guy would sometimes just yolo in and do more or less what we deemed ``good tactic``, while FC was mad, we did fight (and win) 2 vs 5 stuff etc, so they where never that long ``mad`` :P (beiing (super) unicum in a ``normal`` clan has some advantages :P )

(we did in the end leave though, to join 322, because f*** CW, that in the end also ``escalated`` ``a little bit``, but it was again quite a nice time)

ps: i actually never had to apply for a clan i now think, only for 322, but that was more a formality as actual ``testing``

-Started the game in beta, got few friends to start playing, near the end formed my own clan around me and my friends, LSD (ludicrous steel division), and played Ural Steel tournament with RI051 clan, finished 4th.

-When game launched LSD played some CW but that didnt last long as my group of friends went to party during weekends meaning that half of the clan would go afk.

-LSD merged with MHR (mafia HR), a Balkan clan with Croatian core, met some great players there, but still our numbers were to small for decent CW appearance

-MHR merged with DOW (dogs of war), another Balkan clan even thou LSD got invites to MUMMY (a sub clan for PTS), we gave DOW a month of 'trial period' to see if something good will come out of it. We left on day 30.

-LSD entered MUMMY as a package deal, meet a lot of good friends there of which many play today with me in KAZNA, had huge amounts of fun there

-slowly core MUMMY players transferred to PTS (partly because MUMMY was getting the same or better results than PTS in tournaments), once in PTS we had to work our way to become soldiers, unfortunately PTS was already then a sinking ship, the leadership was rotten and a lot of high ranking officers there were racist haters. LSD and friends, started playing with a group of players from a Balkan clan NOB (Nervozni Ortodoksni Bauk) that called themselves KAZNA KRU. They too were unhappy with their current clan and clan leadership and we formed a deal: To form a International clan with core of KAZNA KRU + LSD + friends from MUMMY/PTS. The day all LSD members got their soldier statuses in PTS we collectively left and joined newly formed clan called KAZNA. Both NOB and PTS fell apart shortly after.

-KAZNA grew and we became one of best clans on EU server, winning a lot of tournaments, having a lot of ESL teams and being a great CW clan too. Today we are known as good and decent competitors, usually working alone, never running from a  fight and being a jolly bunch IRL and on TS

LSD --> MHR --> DOW --> MUMMY --> PTS --> KAZNA

Yeah, PTS recruitment thing was kinda ``ridiculous`` it took weeks or whatever time it took

ps: never knew that was a / the reason NOB failed, they where there, and all of a sudden they where gone ^^ :P

I was at tier 8 and was looking for a clam. I think.

Megamax pmed me and saw potential in me I'm guessing. Just told me to power grind to a 10 and invited me in.

Speaking Russian was a bonus.

ps: never knew that was a / the reason NOB failed, they where there, and all of a sudden they where gone ^^

Yeah, KAZNA KRU guys were both core players and officers and diplomats.. basically they got tired of doing everything while the rest of the clan scratched balls. NOB crumpled because of them leaving, PTS would crumple  with or without LSD, we just noticed the ship is going down really fast + some members were really assholes towards us,  so our departure only accelerated it.

PTS recruitment was working well until people started abusing the veto power and denying good players because of country of origin and similar duchebagery . Its that recruitment + amazing FC's (like Krisz) that held PTS on top for so long,

I was no superunicum though - i was a light green pubbie trying hard to improve.

My original clan of shitters was a 47% average WR where most of the senior officers had 45-%... In fact at the time i was a 49.5-something% and the only saving grace that kept me there so long is i actually started looking at my service record at the time i discovered ER... And when i started playing you had no WR% but only total battles/victories so i baically never looked at my service record D: Practically i made a bunch of friends sooner than i realised just how shitty 90% of the clan was... But that hurt my learning curve a lot - i had to fight through all kind of tinfoil hat theories to overcome my noobishness. Also the lack of any single gudplayer in the clam meant i had no guide whatsoever.

Yeah, KAZNA KRU guys were both core players and officers and diplomats.. basically they got tired of doing everything while the rest of the clan scratched balls. NOB crumpled because of them leaving, PTS would crumple  with or without LSD, we just noticed the ship is going down really fast + some members were really assholes towards us,  so our departure only accelerated it.

PTS recruitment was working well until people started abusing the veto power and denying good players because of country of origin and similar duchebagery . Its that recruitment + amazing FC's (like Krisz) that held PTS on top for so long,

imo PTS also lost it when other good clans came, where you could join without all that crap, FAME really sealed the deal, luring the few active old players PTS players away, making the boat really ``sink``.

A clan imo better ends with a bang (instead of like a wet fart...)

ps: all PTS at this point did was camping in Turkey...

I saw this thread linked on another site, I thought I would make an entry.

Sometimes, you just get lucky. When I first started playing the game I was using PC's that by all means could not run the game, from onboard GPU's from hell to Celeron D single core processors. I had around 6k battles or so and a WR of 45%, I didn't even know what WN8 was at the time but I found out it was around 540. My first friend that played WoT outside of the game I actually met on DA ( Deviant Art ) This person was Spartan96, I think he's changed his name by now im not sure what it is. I was looking for an actual clan to play TC's with and just try to get better with. Turned out his clan -SSS- had a sub clan called SSS-A. So I moved into that clan and spent what seamed like awhile with them. I had my first tier 5 - tier 7 tank with that clan, spending nights on my dreadful laptop, struggling to even drive properly at 10> FPS. I already wanted to get better, however I didn't know that it wouldn't be possible without a PC that could play the game. I struggled under that mindset until around 8k games, hoping from SSS-A, to clanless, to SOLAR, to CMCAW, and back to SOLAR again. Despite having a friend, in -SSS- I could still not get in simply because I was not A: Good enough and B: Didn't have a PC that could run the game properly. 

I recruited for every clan I was in weather I was an officer or not. The way I saw it, if I could recruit some good players, maybe they could help me play. But that proved to be futile after some time. As I simply could not play the game properly period. Some time passed, watching youtube videos, streams from barroom and ETC. None of it mattered because it was physically impossible for me to mimic the play style on my machinery. Eventually, clanless and irritated with the AFK leader of -EOS- I left, it just so happened that HT had formed the day prior. I was their 13th or so total member at the time, and one of only 5 that had a tier X tank. ( And not even a good one at the time the AMX50B was considered second class, but tank locking didn't exist back then so I could still fight ) 

I knew HT was going to have a good foundation thanks to the fact that I frequented the forums and knew that BT was a good clan. I recommended a friend of mine from SOLAR to BT, the fact that he was with BT at the time helped me get into HT. 

The short version of this. Even though I was terrible and couldn't run the game properly, getting into this clan was a combination of A: Luck, B: 1 count of networking, and C: The simple fact that I frequented the forum as my positive rep actually helped me get in as well. Very rarely do i see a sub clan to a better team start up with no stat requirements. As HT had none at the time. I have yet to see a sub clan of a good clan start with 0 stat requirements since then.

However simply joining the clan was not enough to keep me there, I would have been cut from the clan already had I not done other work for the team. I started out volunteering to recruit players, from there I went on to voluntary battle calling when the main callers; as we only had 2 at the time, were not online. Willing to take the fallout from the soldiers on a loss is something that very few players will or want to deal with. On the side lines I made sure our players stayed active, and made 'Cut' lists of severely inactive players every month to ensure a flow of available spaces. After enough work with that and voluntary talks with other clans as an unofficial representative of HT. Eventually being the clans official diplo, even learning a handful of Polish to do diplo with foreign clans. After about 2 months in that position I went on to become first a teamspeak officer with Parcki having my back in a number of situations. 1 month after that I was promoted to a position I called 'Third wing dep com" I called it third wing because while I had the ability, and trust at that point to make critical decisions I was not actually allowed to make any of those decisions. Essentially I was DC of recruitment and that was all. I am the only person in the entity of HT who can say they have held every position in the clan except CO. And although im basically irrelevant now, I can say with confidence that I was a major factor in building a good clan

TLDR: 

Even with shit stats, you may not be able to "get" into a good clan, but if you pour every single second of spare time you have available into the clan you have, take extra action and help the officers in even the simplest of ways, and take the absolute brutal and almost constant rejections you will get from the better players you try to recruit. YOU CAN HELP TO BUILD a good clan. It is possible! 

Not a part of HT anymore, but I decided to add my few cents to this forum post.

I was one of the first few to join HT outside of the actual commanders. I was recruited as a potential blue waiting to happen due to some incredible gameplay I had in my interview with BT's Officer at the time, Failzord. He took me under his wing to help me get better and after the fall of BT and his joining of Havok I rarely saw him anymore which lead me to become disinterested in the game and in achieving a tier 10 for HT's eventual rise to glory. I ended up leaving HT not too long ago because for now I've turned my attention to outside priorities as well as playing tanks more as a serious player improving stats and maybe one day rejoining HT with better stats and a tier 10.

Since then I've platooned with some pros in an attempt to gain my blue status faster, so far I've broken into green. Blue isn't a dream for me anymore and maybe some day I'll rejoin the ranks of HT.

Applied to SSGS right before campaign 2 but Parckie took a chance on me and brought me into BT. Started there in the bottom 20% and learned a lot from all the talent there. Now a lot of those players reside in top clans and I'm glad to have learned from them. To quote ZXFT when we met back up in HT "camrox, when did you get good?". Shout out to my first clan DEMI for a great start with a great group of guys.

On 4/18/2014 at 12:38 PM, Solono said:

Hey, anybody remember when PBKAC was an SSGS subclan? I do.

Step 1: Create Communist Cat themed comedy clam.

Step 2: Start teh revoluschun against those dastardly dogitalists.

Step 3: ?

Step 4: Become top tier clam wars A#1 best clam but quit tanks because it is bad game.