Sign in to follow this  
KraftLawrence

Looking for a mod that tells what's been spotted

11 posts in this topic

I'm a bit tired of trying to count dots on my minimap to see how many tanks are not accounted for.

Is there a mod that can put an icon on the enemy team panel indicating whether:

- they've been spotted at least once?

- are currently spotted?

It'd be useful for those situations where a scout goes forward and sees a bunch of tanks headed one way - i can know which tanks are going in other directions.

Thanks

I mostly use a XVM config I found on youtube from this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOjyw_8knzo

Would anyone know how to alter the config to include this utility? I'm no good at looking @ code >.<

Are you talking about "Last Known Position"?

I use Locastan's MiniMap Mod alongside XVM and just turn on the option in the MMap.xml config from Locastan's mod.

nono i want to know that given the info I have on the minimap (currently spotted tanks and last known spotted tanks), what information am I missing?

I often find myself counting the minimap - Ok 4 tanks are in town, 2 are on the railroad tracks. 3 tanks I have last known position of, there are 3 arty, and 1 enemy is dead. How many tanks do I not know information about, and which tanks are these?

It's not efficient for me to calculate this mentally every time (maybe I'm just slow). So, I was wondering if there was a way to get addon help to just put a dot beside people's name if they have never been spotted yet. That way, I can be like "Ok, as I turn this corner, only a hellcat can shoot at me. I have a good idea where everything else is."

Here is a relevant portion of code for this purpose.  This was taken from lines 95 to 151 of Ded_Shalfey's user config provided in XVM 3.5.0.

The image files referenced are provided by the user, so you will need to create a file for each of these states, make sure the name matches with what's in the code, and make sure they are in the appropriate folder.

EDIT: Posting code doesn't seem to work; just go here.

Here is a relevant portion of code for this purpose.  This was taken from lines 95 to 151 of Ded_Shalfey's user config provided in XVM 3.5.0.

The image files referenced are provided by the user, so you will need to create a file for each of these states, make sure the name matches with what's in the code, and make sure they are in the appropriate folder.

EDIT: Posting code doesn't seem to work; just go here.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for! :)

o7

There is a Havok guy with a youtube channel that has an excellent version of what you are looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjUSLBIbgqc

It has different color light bulbs for: actively spotted, not spotted, arty and dead.  No idea what his config is though.

I dont have it but my friend has a thing with XVM that has a little asterix next to tanks that havent been spotted yet on the player panel. may be a very basic version of what your looking for.