Romanista77

Revisiting the VK 28.01

111 posts in this topic

Revisiting the VK 28.01

So, I always loved the "idea" of the 28.01 but never really made it work for me. I got it after the nerfs and my win rate is a low 47% in it having played 370 games in it before giving up.

I mostly play scouts though and love playing them.

The ELC AMX being my favorite and best played so far 665 games and a 58% win rate.

I like the ELC because of the big gun (even though the reload and aim time are terrible). The no turret isn't that great either, but it can carry a game. It can passive or active scout. It can anti-scout and can dish out damage to any tank in the game.

I decided to go back to the 28.01 and see if I can make it work for me. I figure it also has a gun that can hurt anything (though shot placement is more important). It has a nice fast turret and can play any scout role (even with a better radio and view range).

I also figure with all the new "glass cannon" tanks, that the 10.5 gun gets an indirect buff because it can hurt more tanks easier.

I'm also looking forward to the MM and resistance buffs it's supposed to get.

I like focusing on one tank, so this is likely the next project. Hope it works out!

Are you looking for advice, you have specific questions?

Because your post seems to be simply the announcement that you are going to play more VK2801. Which is nice.

You have seen this guy in action I assume: http://www.tazilon.net/HoF/2801Hall.html

?

Tito

Are you looking for advice, you have specific questions?

Because your post seems to be simply the announcement that you are going to play more VK2801. Which is nice.

You have seen this guy in action I assume: http://www.tazilon.net/HoF/2801Hall.html

?

Tito

Hi Tito,

Advice is always welcome.

I have looked at Pro Scout. It actually really boosted my game in a T49 TD (go figure).

Dispite the focus on the VK 28.01..

I revisited it two weeks ago. And ruined my overall win rate with it from a solid 51% to an awful 48% in just 20 games. Dat is a shitty tank if you want to carry games solo. I wish it had the Konisch gun.  :beard:

I think you should wait a few weeks. In the next patch scout MM should be reworked and VK2801 is getting significant mobility boosts. You can try Luchs or Leopard until that happens. Those two are scouting gods compared to the FAT01.

Tazilon is high off of his own aroma, which Im pretty sure is piss. His gameplay at higher tiers, apart from scouts, is anything other than close to impressive for someone who supposedly is supposed to know where tanks are and can read the damn map

He's good for someone just learning how to scout, but after that, check out Jaq's replays. 

Tazilon is high off of his own aroma, which Im pretty sure is piss. His gameplay at higher tiers, apart from scouts, is anything other than close to impressive for someone who supposedly is supposed to know where tanks are and can read the damn map

He's good for someone just learning how to scout, but after that, check out Jaq's replays.

Where can you find Jaq's replays?

Well, after two days of playing the VK28.01 again (40 games), I've had a winrate of 61%

Hopefully, I can get my previous winrate out of the gutter soon.

I'm not sure why I had such a hard time with it before. It seems to do everything I'd want in a tank. I've also found even in teir X games there are a lot of tanks it can pen with HE.

Also, noticed it can do 60-100 damage when it doesn't pen. Not bad, and better than most scouts when they DO pen!

Anyhow, looking forward to the resistance buffs : )

On a side note, I also managed to kill one of the WG tanks (a hellcat) for 500 gold. Something I haven't done in ANY tank before. Though I think that was more luck... still happy about it though!

When I look at your last 120 battles Romanista, it shows that you are consistently carrying your games to victory, so well done.

WN8 is also increasing in the most recent battles, so you are doing it right.

I've never been good in the VK28, even if my highest xp game for a long time was in it.

Tried a few more battles lately and did terrible (too aggressive).

I'm thinking now to follow your example and learn to do better in it.

One stimulus is also that I will finally unlock the aufkl. panther.

I've heard really bad things about this fat scouting panther, but also seen some good players pulling off nice moves in it.

But my ultimate motivation is that the aufkl. panther can unlock the engine for the E50.

I imagine that if I learn to play smart enough, I'll have a better chance to have decent games than in a stock E50.

In any case, keep up the good work.

Tito

I met proscout Tazalion in my T34 on my NA account.

He drove into the empty flank, spotted a tank and then ranged about how the team were a bunch of lemmings not supporting him.

Proscouting indeed. Then suiscout through the middle is more effective and helpful.

Besides 55% WR in a scout is really not that much. I managed better in M5 Stuart over 500 battles a complete potato. People overestimate the effect of early spots and underestimate the effect of a full HP scout in mid and late game.

That said, on some maps early spots are essential for victory.

When I look at your last 120 battles Romanista, it shows that you are consistently carrying your games to victory, so well done.

WN8 is also increasing in the most recent battles, so you are doing it right.

I've never been good in the VK28, even if my highest xp game for a long time was in it.

Tried a few more battles lately and did terrible (too aggressive).

I'm thinking now to follow your example and learn to do better in it.

One stimulus is also that I will finally unlock the aufkl. panther.

I've heard really bad things about this fat scouting panther, but also seen some good players pulling off nice moves in it.

But my ultimate motivation is that the aufkl. panther can unlock the engine for the E50.

I imagine that if I learn to play smart enough, I'll have a better chance to have decent games than in a stock E50.

In any case, keep up the good work.

Tito

Thanks Tito!

I've been surprised at how well it's been working for me!

Personally, I really had a hard time with the aufkl. panther. Feels a lot less like the scouts I like to play. I was hopping to go that route to get the Leopard 1, but got too frustrated at the Indien Panzer (really not my style of tank).

Good luck with it though. Might be more your style than mine. One of the things I love about this game is how many different ways you can play it, and theirs always a tank out there to suit everyone.

Cheers!

Wow, is this all there is about this fatboy? I bought it today, holy cow, this thing is fun... Only one t9 match out of 12battles

just had this game

53af0f719c81a57234010000.jpg

Wow, is this all there is about this fatboy? I bought it today, holy cow, this thing is fun... Only one t9 match out of 12battles

just had this game

Aww, you stole that guy's top gun. wow rood.

I've been looking around for some alternative tier 6s to play for stronkholds and the VK 28.01 looks like a pretty interesting choice. I want to grind my way to the Leopard 1, but I may make an extended stay in VK 28.01-ville if it proves to be a useful tank fighting only tier 6s.

Nice replay. Thanks for posting it and bumping this thread.

just had this game

The thing is a damn lot of fun.

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/1055514#team

Fluffy doesn't like the howitzer, but it makes this tank.

The thing is a damn lot of fun.

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/1055514#team

Fluffy doesn't like the howitzer, but it makes this tank.

KV-3 derped his own Centurion. Fun times and a rare badge to boot.

That VK looks amazing. I'm going to have to pick one up for stronkholds. It's pretty much:

1. Critical hit!
  2. Critical hit!
  3. Critical hit!
  4. Critical hit!
  5. lol as you circle strafe a tank with a broken turret and tracks.
  6. Critical hit!

KV-3 derped his own Centurion. Fun times and a rare badge to boot.

That VK looks amazing. I'm going to have to pick one up for stronkholds. It's pretty much:

1. Critical hit!
  2. Critical hit!
  3. Critical hit!
  4. Critical hit!
  5. lol as you circle strafe a tank with a broken turret and tracks.
  6. Critical hit!

For sure, the derp is quite the asset with all the Hellcats around. and it does whittle down and immobilize heavies pretty well. 

In my opinion, the VK 2801's 105mm derp actually makes it more viable than a Chaffee in stronkholds. One good ram and subseuquent 105mm to the face should more or less kill an equivalent tier 5/6 scout or a Hellcat.

I was went into our own cap, rammed one Hellcat for 250 hp and then shot his friend in another hellcat for all of his health. All within 2-3 seconds. That was so hilarious, but too bad the cap had reached 100%.

But the VK is a great little tank to play. I love mine because of the ramming capabilities and derp gun. Nice change of pace from Type 64 and the autoloaders, which is important to keep this game interesting :)

It's beast in stronkholds, with right ammunition you do as much damage as a 1S with a 6.6s reload.

Ramming OP confirmed, on sure wins, I'll miss my shot so I can ram the last guy to death  :doubleguns2:

I'm honestly surprised we haven't met other 'serious' clans yet who use them.

Yeah, I platooned it a bit with fluffy cuz he said he was failing. He kept failing... ;)

OK, definitely going to free XP to this little guy and keep it. Glad to hear that it's viable in tier 6 stronkholds!

Don't skip the Leopard. It's a great little scout too.

I didn't much like the Luchs, but I wasn't quite as good then.

The Leopard is amazing, I love the thing.

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/1035661#live_oaks-cunicularius-vk_1602_leopard

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/1004284#malinovka-cunicularius-vk_1602_leopard

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/1004517#severogorsk-cunicularius-vk_1602_leopard

It is a BLAST. Its worth getting in its own respect, first tank I got the 2nd Mark of Excellence on.

Just wondering, is the L/48 75mm just as viable as the 105 derp for the VK2801? I always see people using the 105, and almost never one of the 75s. What's the reason for that?