Romanista77

Revisiting the VK 28.01

111 posts in this topic

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I see myself almost never switching to HEAT, most of the time allies are around me and I won't be able to solo a tank even with HEAT anyway so I just go for the track shot and farm assistance damage like a mad man. Everything except Type 4's and Mäuschen's are trackable in one shot when you hit the trackwheel. 20 games in my dpg is complete trash (not even 3k WN8) but I'm sitting at 1500 average assisted, which is the highest for any tank I have ever played by a country mile (highest after is the Batchat at 1200ish).

7iGt07r.png

Any thoughts on this thing post LT rebalance?

I've went with Vert. Stab, Optics & Vents since its base DPM is atrocious as it is, but I'm wondering if the pew-pew-pew autogun would still be viable at Tier 6.

Haven't started playing it yet, still grinding free xp for turret & top gun, but I bought it right after I 3 marked the Tier V Leopard

Rebalance :kappa:
After removing the only unique thing about this LT (derp) it's not even comparable to what kind of a fun tank it was.
The gun is mediocre and I'm being generous. 158mm APCR pen in tier 7/8 games? lul
Imo just grind through it and sell. Or 3mark as fast as possible (if you're into it) and then sell it right away.

12 hours ago, KR33P said:

Imo just grind through it and sell. Or 3mark as fast as possible (if you're into it) and then sell it right away.

That's what I intend to - but believe it or not, I found it a bit hard to get an Ace Mastery in it, despite having low (about 900ish) XP requirements for it, so I'm clearly still learning the ropes.

I wonder if it's worth dropping Vents for Rammer, as for right now I'm running V. Stab, Vents & Optics, with SoS & BIA (on male Loader)

I am running Vstab/Vents/Rammer + BiA and both vr skills. Vr is 420m atm, relo 3,3sec. 
If I were playing it, I would ditch the vents in favour of optics unless you're playing with chocolate :PogChamp:
Maxing vr can still be very potent, especially in those tiers you meet. If you don't have vr skills then surely go for optics.

Meh ... it's alright. 380m base view range is really good for a tier 6 (shame about my shitty, 1.5 skill, crew). The anaemic dpm is somewhat offset by excellent gun handling. Gets around the map pretty well, happily winding up to 65kph on the flat. Not a keeper. But in no way a chore either. 

Most of us that loved it was pretty Lt 'balance' when it had the derp gun. Was so much fun, but of course for wg, fun = bad

On 11/2/2018 at 6:19 PM, sohojacques said:

Meh ... it's alright. 380m base view range is really good for a tier 6 (shame about my shitty, 1.5 skill, crew). The anaemic dpm is somewhat offset by excellent gun handling. Gets around the map pretty well, happily winding up to 65kph on the flat. Not a keeper. But in no way a chore either. 

Before it was a keeper for the derp, if you liked that sort of thing, which I did.  Now it's just another meh tier 6. 

52 minutes ago, Hellsfog said:

Before it was a keeper for the derp, if you liked that sort of thing, which I did.  Now it's just another meh tier 6. 

Yeah derp on such a mobile platform would’ve been fun.  But both this and the SPIC are good enough; not worth wasting free XP on.